Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Brittany Lincicome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #1

Brittany and the USGA!

Brittany is one of the few players I follow on Twitter but I don't log in to my Twitter account very often, because what posted there is mostly boring comments that I don't care about.

However, today I see Britt was more than a little upset with the USGA.
----------------------
Brittany1golf Brittany Lincicome
Yet another awesome call by the officials to stop play when its NOT even dark outside. We played until 8:25 something the other night. WTF..
14 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Brittany1golf Brittany Lincicome
I'm so mad right now its not even funny!!! If I was a drinker I would be getting hammered!!! :-(
14 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Old 07-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Contest Statistician

Another Rocket Ship Commander that should pipe down. Not easy to coordinate an event like this with the weather and all of the people.

and 5 mins more would do what? Look at the amount of time that was used to complete the final round on Monday.

Does she really think that they want to go to Monday and spend money for another day.

Yeah someone got stuck on 18, I guess it was her, but no matter when it was stopped someone would have been on 18, they needed another hour.

She might also need to get a new watch because the kept saying on tv that it got dark just before 8:15
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
Forum Moderator

The Twitter time stamp says she wrote this at about 3 pm. That would have been the weather delay not the end of day suspension. Is she crazy?

Last edited by Blue; 07-11-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
She wrote that when play was called at about 3:17 because of LIGHTNING not darkness. What a doofus. I promise I will have more to say abt this in my fan report.
Blue, she was talking about stopping play at 8 pm mdt on Sunday night. They could have played another 25 minutes or so, as Sunset was at 8:26.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Blue, she was talking about stopping play at 8 pm mdt on Sunday night. They could have played another 25 minutes or so, as Sunset was at 8:26.
It was also cloudy and raining. On TV they said that there was not enough light passed 8:15. Add in the clouds and rain and it is a few mins earlier. The TV camera gives a distorted view of the amount of light. They needed another 1 1/2 hours to play. In the last 10 mins of light it is next to impossible to read the greens. I have played planty of late day rounds and finished in complete darkness trying to make a score. Even though you have enough light to see were you are going you can not read your putts properly.

This is the us open. Those last few players that still had a chance deserved a fair chance.

She is completely wrong. She is not considering the others who had a chance and also had a chance to improve there scores and make some money and the best way to position the players left out to begin on Monday.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
It was also cloudy and raining. On TV they said that there was not enough light passed 8:15. Add in the clouds and rain and it is a few mins earlier. The TV camera gives a distorted view of the amount of light. They needed another 1 1/2 hours to play. In the last 10 mins of light it is next to impossible to read the greens. I have played planty of late day rounds and finished in complete darkness trying to make a score. Even though you have enough light to see were you are going you can not read your putts properly.

This is the us open. Those last few players that still had a chance deserved a fair chance.

She is completely wrong. She is not considering the others who had a chance and also had a chance to improve there scores and make some money and the best way to position the players left out to begin on Monday.
Oh. I guess the Twitter time stamp isn't totally accurate when it says "15 hours ago."

I was there, as you know. It was not light enough to play fairly as Brittany claimed. It was not the same as when they played on Friday until 8:40 or so because on Friday it was mostly a cloudless sky so it was not as dark. On Sunday at 8:15 when they called play it was completely overcast so very dark and much more dark than it was at 8:15 on Friday.

Brittany is just one of many player who was joining the whine brigade this week at the U.S. Women's Open. I follow a lot of players on Twitter and it was like they were having a complaining contest. Complaining about the rain, complaining about the delays, complaining about the USGA, complaining about the Broadmoor. I realize I am now complaining about complaining but geez, it's an outdoor sport. It rains. Deal with it.

One caddie complained on Twitter that they it was even worse because after the suspensions they started play at a different time each day. She didn't even stop to think apparently that there was a reason for this...
Saturday 7:45 ... It took this long to get everything in position on all 18 holes which is where they were when play was called on Friday night.
Sunday 6:45 ... Only ten holes were involved (1-5 and 10-14) so easier to get everything in position early.
Monday 8:00 am ... Only some holes (10 maybe?) and no big time rush to finish and a desire to get the tournament live on TV. I guarantee that if Monday had started at 6:30 or 7 with TV at 6 am or earlier on the West Coast, there would have been an uproar.

I saw the whining in person, too. I think the players who did best this week are those who are most able to go with the flow and the most resilient as well as those who have the physical and mental stamina to withstand 36 hole days.

Those who freaked out at repeated weather delays, blame other people, throw online or in person temper tantrums, tended not to do well.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #7

Brit and a few others are whiners.

How many of us would trade places with them to play golf for a living...PICK ME.

There are many of us who have woken up at 430am to take a biz flight...then humped on our laptops during the flight....then attend meetings, sales calls, etc....then work till midnight to 2am to catch up.....all during the week.

And yet how many of us complain about our employers on a public domain...NONE.

They should follow Natalie's lead...you never see her complain....this is why Nats is a fan fav and makes millions a year on endorsements with a 1 win career.

Nats is the LPGA PR machine...I don't know if the Asians whine...likely not many.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #8
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
Brit and a few others are whiners.

How many of us would trade places with them to play golf for a living...PICK ME.

There are many of us who have woken up at 430am to take a biz flight...then humped on our laptops during the flight....then attend meetings, sales calls, etc....then work till midnight to 2am to catch up.....all during the week.

And yet how many of us complain about our employers on a public domain...NONE.

They should follow Natalie's lead...you never see her complain....this is why Nats is a fan fav and makes millions a year on endorsements with a 1 win career.

Nats is the LPGA PR machine...I don't know if the Asians whine...likely not many.
Agree about the whiners, though you should know that Natalie does not write her own Tweets. The tweets posted under her name are written by a manger or PR person. This is not to say that if she did it herself she would whine, but just so you know, her tweets are ghosted. It's not an uncommon practice for celebrities. Annika did it when she first started tweeting but she does her own tweeting now, mostly.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #9

We all know if Nats did her own tweets....we know she wouldn't be a whiner.

Can any one provide an incident that Nats said anything -ve about the LPGA....I certainly can't think of one.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote