LPGA Golf Forum

LPGA Golf Forum (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/)
-   Brittany Lincicome (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/f51/)
-   -   Brittany...One and Done (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/f51/brittany-one-done-6617.html)

gxer 01-18-2011 09:57 AM

Brittany...One and Done

It doesn't look like Brittany is going to play anymore Hooters tour events before the LPGA tour season starts.

She is pulling an Annika, one and done, and that is not nearly enough to accomplish what she said she was trying to accomplish.

gxer 01-18-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianglen (Post 112102)
According to twitter, it's cutting into her fishing and charity pro-am time too much.:ani_thumbup:

What I think happened is that she got her pride hurt a little bit by missing the cut by 7 shots and doesn't want to risk missing another cut. Missing cuts is not fun, fishing and playing in charity pro-ams is. :wavey:

xman5 01-18-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianglen (Post 112102)
According to twitter, it's cutting into her fishing and charity pro-am time too much.:ani_thumbup:

As a golfer and a fisherman myself it is a tough balance.

gxer 01-18-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xman5 (Post 112109)
As a golfer and a fisherman myself it is a tough balance.

Brittany has 1,000 reasons for not playing in another Hooters tour event.
The $1,000 entry fee is completely lost if a golfer misses the cut. :5:

PS: did you guys notice that Karin is ignoring my question to her about competing on the Hooters tour to get ready for the LPGA tour season?:wavey:

Blue 01-18-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gxer (Post 112111)
Brittany has 1,000 reasons for not playing in another Hooters tour event.
The $1,000 entry fee is completely lost if a golfer misses the cut. :5:

PS: did you guys notice that Karin is ignoring my question to her about competing on the Hooters tour to get ready for the LPGA tour season?:wavey:

It looks like some of her pro-ams are of the non-charity variety so she'll be making more money there than on the Hooters Tour. Sounds like a good decision. Playing a round or two here or there against men in a tournament never seemed to improve any female golfer's game that much.

gxer 01-19-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue (Post 112124)
It looks like some of her pro-ams are of the non-charity variety so she'll be making more money there than on the Hooters Tour. Sounds like a good decision. Playing a round or two here or there against men in a tournament never seemed to improve any female golfer's game that much.

A round or two is worthless, there needs to be a commitment to play enough events to establish some sort of average score. I thought Brittany was going to play several events on the Hooters tour but unfortunately for my experiment she wised up. :wavey:

gxer 01-27-2011 09:59 AM

Brittany is not in next week's Hooters tour event so that only leaves one more tournament in the Hooters winter series that she could play before the LPGA tour season begins.

Oh well, she would probably miss the cut anyway since the cut on the Hooters tour is a small number (40 and ties).