Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Brittany Lincicome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #1

Brittany and Hooters?

You go girl!

Lexi won't play the same tees as the guys so Brittany is my experimental girl.

Thank you Brittany, I'll look forward to trying to figure out where to place you in men's minor league golf. Hopefully you will play enough events for me to form an educated opinion.
-----------------
Lincicome to compete in Hooters Tour event

By Associated Press
Posted: January 7, 2011
TAVARES, Fla. – Brittany Lincicome will play in a men’s tournament next week as part of her preparations for the LPGA season.

The long-hitting Lincicome, a three-time winner on the LPGA, has entered the NGA Hooters Tour’s Bridgestone Winter Series event at Deer Island Golf Club.

She will be the first current LPGA player to play in a Winter Series tournament.

“(The LPGA) finished in December, and I need to keep playing to get ready for next season,” Lincicome said Friday. “This will be my seventh year on the LPGA tour and I still get nervous when I tee off (in the LPGA season-opening event) in Thailand. This tournament is close to home and has a lot of competition in it. I think it’s a great way for me to get some of the nerves out before our season starts.”
Brittany Lincicome to compete in Hooters Tour event - Golf News - Golf News & Articles | Golf Channel

Ps: Brittany should be able to compete in at least 4 of these events before she starts her LPGA tour season.

2011 Upcoming Events
Dates Event Location
Jan 11 - Jan 13, 2011
Deer Island Golf Club - Tavares, FL

Jan 18 - Jan 20, 2011
Timacuan Golf Club - Lake Mary, FL

Jan 25 - Jan 27, 2011
Rio Pinar CC - Orlando, FL

Feb 01 - Feb 03, 2011
Sugarloaf Mountain GC - Minniola, FL

Feb 08 - Feb 10, 2011
Forest Lake Golf Club - Ocoee , FL

NGA Hooters Tour

Last edited by gxer; 01-08-2011 at 01:21 AM.
gxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #2

Smile

I am thinking that Brittany's scoring average on the Hooters tour will be in the range from 74 to 75 give or take a few fractions of a stroke.

Her 2010 scoring average on the LPGA tour was 71.25, add about 3.5 strokes for the longer course setups on the Hooters tour and the result is 74.75.

This experiment of Brittany's, who is a tomboy at heart, on the Hooters tour should be fun and more importantly, educational, for the golf dummies of the world.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #3

I would love to see Brittany win this one......but then one of the resident idiots that call themselves "golf writers" will be calling for a co-ed tour.
I would love to see a highly succesful co-ed tour providing all the entrants must be female at birth.

And so it goes.....
Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I would love to see Brittany win this one......but then one of the resident idiots that call themselves "golf writers" will be calling for a co-ed tour.
I would love to see a highly succesful co-ed tour providing all the entrants must be female at birth.

And so it goes.....
Viva Annika
Brittany isn't likely to come close to winning a Hooters event, the winners generally go low on that tour. She might make a cut or 2 if she plays 4 events.