LPGA Golf Forum

LPGA Golf Forum (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/)
-   myLPGA (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/f50/)
-   -   Wie "fan" moderator (not to be confused with moderating Wiefan) (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/f50/wie-fan-moderator-not-confused-moderating-wiefan-5134.html)

Blue 05-18-2009 10:26 PM

Wie "fan" moderator (not to be confused with moderating Wiefan)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4putt (Post 84739)
By the way, I haven't been on here in a while....how did you become moderator? An what is a "contest statistician?"

Moderator: The site owner asked me.

Contest Statistician: Spends huge number of hours every week setting up the weekly contests and tabulating the scores.
See this thread for example: http://www.mylpga.com/forum/member-c...c-contest.html
There are a few of us who do this, mostly xman5 this year. Everyone is welcome to play, by the way.

4putt 05-18-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue (Post 84740)
Moderator: The site owner asked me.

I guess congratulations are in order....but I can't help but wonder about conflict of interest given you're one of the most opinionated on this board - especially when it comes to the controvercial subject of anything wie. Tricky tight rope but I'm sure you'll get it done.

Rusty 05-19-2009 03:37 AM

Hi 4Putt
There is no conflict of interest. Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this forum even moderators. All moderation of posts are reported to me and handled by myself, and I try to moderate in such a way that will hopefully keep all the members here happy. I've asked if any true Michelle Wie fans would like to step up and become moderator, as I'd like to show this is not a biased forum. No offers yet.

It is possible to have a debate on a topic without descending into name calling, example calling people idiot's. You are all entitled to your opinion, however please try a little restraint against insulting members of this forum.

paddyman 05-19-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 84754)
All moderation of posts are reported to me and handled by myself, and I try to moderate in such a way that will hopefully keep all the members here happy.

If you handle all moderation yourself, why do you need moderators?

paddyman 05-19-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 84754)
I've asked if any true Michelle Wie fans would like to step up and become moderator, as I'd like to show this is not a biased forum. No offers yet.

I think Boola Boss would make an excellent moderator. :ani_blue_dancing_ba

wiefan 05-19-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddyman (Post 84815)
I think Boola Boss would make an excellent moderator. :ani_blue_dancing_ba

Hi ya Paddyman...MY VOTE goes to you:ani_thumbup:

have a good day in Paddyland...see ya!!:wavey:

paddyman 05-19-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiefan (Post 84824)
Hi ya Paddyman...MY VOTE goes to you:ani_thumbup:

have a good day in Paddyland...see ya!!:wavey:

Thanks wiefan for the vote of confidence, but I'd rather not go down that road again.
I was just kidding about Boola, because he is obviously controversial, but how about yourself for the job of moderator?

MarinePaul 05-19-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddyman (Post 84829)
Thanks wiefan for the vote of confidence, but I'd rather not go down that road again.
I was just kidding about Boola, because he is obviously controversial, but how about yourself for the job of moderator?

He'd eliminate any post that didn't mention Wie.

paddyman 05-19-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarinePaul (Post 84832)
He'd eliminate any post that didn't mention Wie.

Well, at least he wouldn't have to delete any of yours. :ani_BigLOL:

Just kiddin with ya MarinePaul ..... have a good day ......... and use lots of dots ......... or you shall be banned .......... when wiefan is appointed ......... as the next ........ moderator.

cleo 05-19-2009 08:40 PM

I'd nominate LoJo, she's one of the very few (and you know who you are) intelligent enough fans of Wie capable of rendering a fair verdict on posts.

I doubt though if she thinks it's worth her time.