Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #1

What's Up myLPGA?

Rusty, feel free to purge my posting if it's not politically correct...

I really miss the heated banter and passionate contributions on this site. Is it a lack of "controversy" (aka Michelle Wie issues), the reduced schedule, no LPGA "buzz", etc.? Any thoughts? If not for Lexi, reduce the interest even further. What's up?

Personally, I find that my time to regularly visit the site as well as even take the time to contribute has been severely restricted. For me, this is primarily due to conflicting priorities that severely limit the leisure time that I have available. I wish I had the time available where I could watch American Idol two nights a week ... I even struggle to keep up with my beloved Amazing Race on Sundays! I'm approaching 52 years of age and find less time available than when my daughters were living at home!

What's up my friends?
Whistling Straight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
Donating Member

I personally don't miss some of the more heated posts.

Every night I stop by and check "new posts" and then read the last post in any thread. This allows me to keep track of the pulse of the site.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #3

It's just all a result of the sporadic LPGA schedule. Outta sight outta mind. NOT a good thing.

If we avid fans aren't talking about the LPGA, you can be damned sure the casual fan has given up trying to follow them.

"Heated" discussions are basically what drives frequent postings on message boards such as this one. Unfortunately, once you get to the "heated" stage, it means it's "fan vs. fan" ...usually pro and con a specific player (like Wie or Lexi) or maybe pro or con the Korean issue, etc.

Whatever.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 AM   #4
Administrator

Hi Whistling Straight
I just figured that people were taking a break from arguing and the LPGA. People sometimes get sick of heated debates as well. This kind of debating often draws in trolls that argue just for the sake of it and not really contribute anything useful, they can also drive away the quality posting members here.

It was decided from the opinions of the members here that I shouldn't have these kind of people on the forum. Its really up to the members as its your site. If you prefer the heated debates we could try that provided all the members agree. Personally I think many of the topics here have been drummed to death. Which is why I try and post other topics apart from golf that people can discuss.

At the moment I'm trying to start a review forum for something different. And wondering if I should let in the trolls just for the heavy debate element. Its starting out as electronics, hopefully one day it will cover just about every topic.

Last edited by Rusty; 05-12-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:58 AM   #5

I have been wondering if the trolls killed the Lpga discussion board and the golf channel discussion boards?
neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:21 AM   #6

I hope you Yanks get your arses kicked at the Solheim.

Michelle Wie can't win a golf tournament in her homeland ;and that Nike belt buckle is incredibly vulgar.

I get aroused when the Asians win on the LPGA.

Was that heated and controversial enough ?

Sadly,it's almost as if the LPGA doesn't exist.It's less of a tour,these days,and more a series of random,unconnected events played at sporadic intervals during the calendar year.

It's hard to talk about the LPGA when there is nothing going on.

Ooh,something positive.I do like the way they make the draw for the first round of the match-play.

There you go,all's well with the world...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 05-12-2011, 06:54 AM   #7
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Hi Whistling Straight
I just figured that people were taking a break from arguing and the LPGA. People sometimes get sick of heated debates as well. This kind of debating often draws in trolls that argue just for the sake of it and not really contribute anything useful, they can also drive away the quality posting members here.

It was decided from the opinions of the members here that I shouldn't have these kind of people on the forum. Its really up to the members as its your site. If you prefer the heated debates we could try that provided all the members agree. Personally I think many of the topics here have been drummed to death. Which is why I try and post other topics apart from golf that people can discuss.

At the moment I'm trying to start a review forum for something different. And wondering if I should let in the trolls just for the heavy debate element. Its starting out as electronics, hopefully one day it will cover just about every topic.
I've posted this before and I'll post it again.

I think a lot of people here have too thin skins when it comes to controversial golf topics. This is sports. It's controversial. Sure sometimes things cross the line (posts of Michelle Wie's dead dog PERHAPS), but you don't throw the baby out with the bath water as the saying goes.

We got to the point where the slightest negative thing about a golfer got people clutching their pearls, sending in complaints to the moderators and calling for the heads of their fellow posters.

As a result, Rusty had to crack down on what this site could be and then had to fill the space by posting completely off-topic posts on current events (flooding here, an earthquake there ...). This is the quickest way to kill the site, in my opinion.

If you want more activity here, we have to accept a few things:

1. We're not always going to agree on everything. We're going to have passionate views and they sometimes be very different. This is what makes sports exciting.

2. Just because we don't agree on our favorite players, the direction the LPGA should take, or who will win the next tournament doesn't mean those with whom we disagree are bad people or deserve derision, name-calling or reports to moderators to have their posts removed. It comes down to respect. We have to learn to separate people from their views.

3. We have to trust that our fellow posters and particularly the poster/moderators are doing their best to keep this site going and that no one is doing anything surreptitiously to undermine the site.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #8

Damn, even Saint's post didn't get any heat.

I consider most of the posters here to be friends, even though I disagree with them occasionally. When there are hugs gaps in the schedule, there isn't a whole lot to argue about. Trust me, WS, once there are a few tournaments scheduled, posters will be complaining that there is too much arguing.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #9

How the hell can you get into "it", when "it" ain't......

Viva Annika++
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Hi Whistling Straight

Bring them trolls Rusty...I'm ready for them!

To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote