Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #21

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
For once I have to be on your side, regardless if I like your suggestion or not. You can be mocked for other things , but this is just a harmless suggestion.

Myself, I use the recent threads list on the side.
I think it comes with the "reputation" of the one who makes the suggestion.

baby!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #22
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Rusty....this board is just fine the way it is. If certain poster(s) don't know how to navigate don't let them spoil it for those of us (99.9%) who do and are satisfied.

Viva Annika
Since "thecrow" and "charlie" came into the board, I have heard fabulous poster as xman5 and BKB ponder about maintaining their presence in the board. It is not a coincidence, according to the "Elf" (a neophyte "Nancy Drew") that difference between posters are appearing. Would not doubt that someone wants the DB and is trying to decimated it before making an offer. "thecrow" and "charlie" are not a simple coincidence but a direct attack on the board and some of the vulnerable key members .

Watch it Rusty
Vulnerable may not be the right word. One (xman5) manages the member contests that pulls a lot of posters and the other one (BKB) posts great videos about Golf and other sports. After that they will attack other key members. Probably Lo Jo and Marine Paul.

Last edited by Elf; 06-13-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #23

The Elf is hot!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #24

Originally Posted by Elf View Post
Since "thecrow" and "charlie" came into the board, I have heard fabulous poster as xman5 and BKB ponder about maintaining their presence in the board. It is not a coincidence, according to the "Elf" (a neophyte "Nancy Drew") that difference between posters are appearing. Would not doubt that someone wants the DB and is trying to decimated it before making an offer. "thecrow" and "charlie" are not a simple coincidence but a direct attack on the board and some of the vulnerable key members .

Watch it Rusty
Vulnerable may not be the right word. One (xman5) manages the member contests that pulls a lot of posters and the other one (BKB) posts great videos about Golf and other sports. After that they will attack other key members. Probably Lo Jo and Marine Paul.

OK, enough of the BS...thecrow has done nothing to drive "the fabulous poster"'s away, a little strong headed with the Korean players getting screwed over but brings some much needed spice to the forum. As for Charlie who brings a lot of knowledge and kicks my ass in the contest ...I'm sure BKB (who I consider a good friend) has moved on.

Elf, it was another posters comments that ticked off xman5 (and for good reason)!
JJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #25

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
As MP said, there are a lot of 'dead' weeks, I'm all for leaving it as it is.
Me too, good Lord, it doesn't take THAT long to find what you're looking for. First Korean haters on the LPGA and now "user friendly haters" on this forum? When will this end? Of course, whiners will be whiners.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #26
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by JJfan View Post
OK, enough of the BS...
JJfan: You are one of my favorite posters and I love you (as a brother or as a friend). So I will shut up. But I will not apologize because of my statements about "thecrow" and "charlie".
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #27

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
There are weeks, and during the winter, months, that there are no tournaments. Add that to the fact that some people have interests other than women's golf, and you have topics other than women's golf that arise.
That is true, maybe it could be implemented in a "weighted" manner. I.e. folders have a weight -- the more golf related they are, the higher their weight, and the weight of individual posts is inversly proportional to their age. In this way, a new post on say the NBA would beat an ancient post on the LPGA. On the other hand, an LPGA post only a few day old, would beat a new post on the NBA... of course such a formula would need some tweaking.
Anyway, most posters don't want this, so thinking up ways to implement it cleverly is a waste of time.
thecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #28

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
Me too, good Lord, it doesn't take THAT long to find what you're looking for. First Korean haters on the LPGA and now "user friendly haters" on this forum? When will this end? Of course, whiners will be whiners.
I am not sure if "whiners" is a fair description for those fighting against racial biases.

Alas, I guess, most posters of this board have been following the LPGA for a long time and thus have become accustomed to the persitent biases against Korean golfer. For me, a relative newcomers, these biases are painfully obvious.
thecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #29

Originally Posted by thecrow View Post
I am not sure if "whiners" is a fair description for those fighting against racial biases.

Alas, I guess, most posters of this board have been following the LPGA for a long time and thus have become accustomed to the persitent biases against Korean golfer. For me, a relative newcomers, these biases are painfully obvious.
Racism 'works' both ways.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #30

Originally Posted by thecrow View Post

Many of us here, myself included, got interested in the LPGA because of Se Ri Pak. Others are huge Grace Park fans, and God knows there are a ton of Wie fans here. What do they all have in common? Oh, my God, they're all Korean, or at least of Korean heritage.

I like good golf, regardless of the heritage of the players. I like many of the Asian players, and many of the caucasian players. There are also some of each that I don't especially care for.

Alas, I think your agenda is to cry racism any time you get the chance.