Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 05:27 AM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
Let's face it....the record number of viewers and posts are 100% because of the Wie issues.

You have the Wie fanatics who are posting in support of their player through thick and thin....right or wrong.

Then you have the anti-Wies whose fingers are popping out of their sockets posting nyah, nyah, nyah garbage that's been pent up awaiting Wie's crash and burn.

For those who wish the Wiemania to go away, then quit feeding the fire!!

It looks like Michelle will be out of action for some time now. What the hell else are you gonna post about if she actually does 'go away' and regroup?

Someone suggested that the Wie freaks can take a vacation from golf now....

I'd suggest the big fans of "others" might start posting something about their favorite golfers instead of spending so much energy posting about their least favorite!

Amazing when you look at the folders of those in the hunt at the Women's Open. Apart from a post in the Lorena folder, NO ONE is saying diddly squat about "their" favorites...Kerr, Pressel, Creamer, Annika, et al. Why not? Is it more "fun" to squabble and poke others in the eye than to talk about "other" players who supposedly everyone loves so much?

Get a life, folks.
This is a good advice....

Just what is it about Wie that drives these bashers to go ape shit when we mention MW in our post.....

We could compare mw wrist injury to Bridie Kims (19 junior wins) wrist injury at the start of her lpga career and talk about golf and the lpga.....just too many land mines.....the incoming barage is just to much.....back to my bunker.

A poster posts his opinion once....a basher will post again and again just incase we missed it....we haven't.....

that's all from the wie front....
fofw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,613
Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
It looks like Michelle will be out of action for some time now. What the hell else are you gonna post about if she actually does 'go away' and regroup?
She didn't play from early January until late May, yet the number of posts grew. Over on the golf channel boards, I thought it was pretty amazing when she hadn't played in so long, yet she was dominating that boards discussion. On that message board, it is about Tiger & Michelle and very little of anything else. I'm not sure why this is. At least in Tiger's case he was playing some new events and so maybe people could discuss those. In Wie's case she hadn't played in a while, so they were just going over the same thing again and again.
So lojo, even if she was out of action for a good while as you say, I do not expect that to stop the discussion one bit. In fact by previous trends, it would probably just be discussed more and by more people.
paddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:16 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: down south
Posts: 3
record breaking viewership...a reason

I am not saying that this record number of Viewers are just because of ONLY Wiesy******

the hamster that keeps TGC DB running died over the weekend, that accounts for a whole bunch of 'guests'. If you think it was brutal over there before this week's fiasco, don't peek when/if they get it running again.
hittem straight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:22 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,613
Originally Posted by hittem straight View Post
I am not saying that this record number of Viewers are just because of ONLY Wiesy******

the hamster that keeps TGC DB running died over the weekend, that accounts for a whole bunch of 'guests'. If you think it was brutal over there before this week's fiasco, don't peek when/if they get it running again.
You are right.
The golf channel board broke down and that caused a big difference.
Given the fact that the vast majority of posts of the golf channel boards are about Wie, it's no wonder than the mylpga.com Wie threads got more posts.
paddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: down south
Posts: 3
other boards

Looks like ESPN, CBS SportsLine & others have picked up refugees from TGC. What a POS that place is for a DB.
Though the conversation on MW are way over the top for excuses here, IMO, props to the folks who keep it running. Several others could take a lesson on to manage a DB from you folks. Thanks for the chance to post, whether you like it or not.
hittem straight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Golf Course
Posts: 3,390
TGC Discussion Boards are down? Awwww....what a shame.

Never read anything positive over there. They're all nattering nabobs of negativity, to use Wm Safire's term.

Hate Tiger Woods, hate Michelle Wie, hate The Golf Channel, hate golf commentators. Sheesh.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:37 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Putter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,571
Talking

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
For those who wish the Wiemania to go away, then quit feeding the fire!!
Aw come on LoJo, it's so much fun!


Originally Posted by FOFW
A poster posts his opinion once....a basher will post again and again just incase we missed it....we haven't.....
ONCE??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh man, you guys kill me.

Sorry LoJo - you know I'm a um...SD.
__________________
Putter
Putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Golf Course
Posts: 3,390
Originally Posted by Putter View Post
Aw come on LoJo, it's so much fun!

ONCE??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh man, you guys kill me.

Sorry LoJo - you know I'm a um...SD.
Putter....[EDIT]

Gotta love those SD's.

Last edited by x-admin; 07-04-2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: insulting words
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Putter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,571
Talking

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
Putter....[EDIT]

Gotta love those SD's.
Sh*t disturber LoJo! But I liked some of yours. Why did I know you'd do that?
__________________
Putter

Last edited by x-admin; 07-04-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2 PL2

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!