Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
Administrator

New moderator

Saint-Just X has been given a moderator position. Moderators mainly keep the site free of spam, keep members from going overboard in there discussions. As well as to help improve the site in general. I welcome Saint and thanks for volunteering some of your time towards keeping the site great for members.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #2

Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Saint-Just X has been given a moderator position. Moderators mainly keep the site free of spam, keep members from going overboard in there discussions. As well as to help improve the site in general. I welcome Saint and thanks for volunteering some of your time towards keeping the site great for members.
Thanks,Rusty.

I'll do my best to fit in with the other mods and keep things running smoothly (-ish) around here...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 12-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #3

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
Thanks,Rusty.

I'll do my best to fit in with the other mods and keep things running smoothly (-ish) around here...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
After 2,599 posts, you sure deserve it.
tonj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #4

O....M....G!!
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
Administrator

I know that members on the forum have some personality conflicts as well as with moderators. But it's not really a special elevated position, in truth it's a shitty job fixing spam, moving threads to the appropriate forums, and that's about it, it's not about post count I've had new members say they would like to contribute to the site in some way. The title of moderator could just as easily be removed and changed back to member and anyone that want's to volunteer could be given the permissions to moderate it's really not that big of a deal, I know any member here is capable of doing it, and could if they wanted to, but the site probably doesn't need that much moderation.

This is really a site for it's members meaning, I think of the site belonging more to the members here than me, and I've tried to make the forum and it's rules and it's limited moderation exactly as the majority of members wanted. And i think it's turned out pretty well, the flip-side being just about every topic would be censored into obviation and all the members mostly banned. If the majority of members agrees to change the site then I'll change the site to how they like it.

The moderators have volunteered some of there time to make the site better for LPGA fans and i recognize that as well as the members that have helped to contribute to the forum just by being part of it. Some people have strong disagreements and might not like each other, but at the end of the day everyone on the forum loves the LPGA and is a fan of players.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:06 AM   #6
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Yeah, Yeah, yeah. What about those we like Paula, Michelle, Stacy, Kerr?
Blue has calmed down, so as a fan of the above and as a original member I have stayed. But if the new moderator writes one insult to what she/he calls the "entitled princess" or Paula, I am out.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:53 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Elf View Post
Blue has calmed down, so as a fan of the above and as a original member I have stayed. But if the new moderator writes one insult to what she/he calls the "entitled princess" or Paula, I am out.
Oh,dear,little Elf is stamping his feet and throwing tantrums again.

Threatening to leave if I say something about the Entitled Princess ? Did you go to a special school for Drama Queens ?

As Rusty said,it's not like the mods can go around banning people who annoy them.

I'll give you some free advice : as your pathetic bleating would see you laughed off any other golf forum on the internet within minutes,this is your only refuge. I suggest you pull on your big boy pants and suck it up.

*Hugs*...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 01-01-2014, 01:19 PM   #8
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Elf View Post
In case you missed the approximately billion statements from Rusty on this ... moderators are allowed to have opinions on players, just like any other poster.

Why don't you give Saint a chance before attacking him?
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #9

Opinions are one thing, derogatory name calling is another.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #10
Administrator

I'm not sure why Entitled Princess would be considered offensive, those words mean that legally she is royalty, and I have no context on why that is insulting. However moderating names that people consider derogatory is only the first step. Next it would be anyone that says something bad or what they would consider offensive against a player. The forum can implement it if that's what the majority of members want however I will need more then a few more moderator volunteers. And a few more people to step up and say put it to vote.