Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 03:31 AM   #31

Hi ya Everyone...Happy New Year to ALL of you...in Hawaii we say..."Haoli Maka Hiki Hou"...and NO NO NO, I did NOT curse or swear at anyone in Hawaiian...since I have completed my Candy Crush Addiction to the max of levels (515) that they have to offer at this time, and also the fact that Wiesy is waiting to tee it up in 2014....lemme tell you my opinion about Wiesy's Golf Game....this is the year that Wiesy WILL win a tournament and maybe even surprise everyone with a couple of extras....whoopee Doo....if any on you have been following her last couple of tournaments, you can just see the Steadyness starting to come around...even after she screws up a hole, she settles back down toward steady play....this is great to see from a fan of Wiesy Golf...I am really looking forward to 2014 Wiesy Golf"....

on a sidenote...Tomorrow morning I have to report to Federal Court to see if I get selected to become a juror on the Grand Jury....I will have to serve every other week for an entire year...I am really excited about this opportunity....the only drawback on this is if I get selected and my Grand Jury week CLASHES with the LPGA Lotte Tournament in Hawaii....GULP...I could actually MISS Wiesy shooting a "62"or "63"...and folks I DO NOT mean for NINE Holes....just kidding folks....whew!!!

hmmm...I wonder if I "NAMEDROP" Buzzer to the selection committee, if it would increase my chances at getting selected....some people that I know think I am "NUTS" to be this excited about wanting to be selected...story of my life...Candy Crush, Texas Holdem Poker, 20 card Keno, Traveling Abroad, Grand Jury Juror, Watching Wiesy Golf....all of the above are ADDICTIONS that keeps my feet Moving and my mind scrambling....ahhh life as a wiefan is NOT as EASY as some would imagine....lots of Moving and breakable parts scrambling for position in making me up completely....ahhh I love it

anyway....Aloha from Hawaii to all of you wherever you may come from....the weather is getting kinda cold here ...not too many of them 80 degree days...mostly in the Mid 70's....Nights at about 68 degrees means EXTRA BLANKETS...and LONG FLANNEL Pants for my skinny boney wiefan legs....did you know that Double Long sleeve shirts, and double Long Flannel Pants makes me look kinda "BUFF and Muscular"...hmmm

anyway....Aloha and see ya....last three words....GO Wiesy GO!!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #32

Good Morning Folks....ahhh I am up kinda early for my "potential Doing my Duty Day as a Citizen"....whew,I wonder what is in store for me today...lol

anyway...here is what I know about the Grand Jury....and almost all of this knowledge comes from my reading ALL of William Bernhardt, Lisa Scottaline and John Grisham Law Novels....the Grand Jury is NOT there to perform Guilt/Innocent duties....that matter is left up to the Court and Trials....the Grand Jury is there just to determine whether enough evidence has been presented that the case SHOULD or SHOULD NOT be sent to trial....we are sort of the "Sword and Shield" of the American Public...the "sword " in the sense that we provide Indictments if deemed correct and "Shield" in the sense that we should be providing Protection against anyone who shouldn't be put to trial incorrectly....I am told that almost 95% of the cases presented before the Grand Jury is for sending it to trial...police Reports, witness usually are a clincher...I sort of feel sorry for the defendant...he has NONE of his Lawyers in there during the proceedings and he is getting Bombarded from the other side....but like I said....the Grand Jury does not give a guilty or innocent decision...the trial will determine this

has anyone of you ever served on the Grand Jury...if so...lemme know what you went through...whew...I had better start getting ready...in TWO Hours, my Grand Jury stuff starts....YIKES!!! wiefan...isn't TWO Hours kinda long from now...lol

just so I don't ruffle too many moderator feathers...the Grand Jury stuff is a little similar to the moderator stuff...hmmm

anyway...all of you have a great day...see ya...Aloha....go Wiesy go
Old 01-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #33

I suspect that you have been called to the State Grand Jury as opposed to the Fedral Grand Jury.
Regardless, you will find it interesting, boring and lengthy at separate times, but you will experience something that most people know nothing about.
What a year you're about to have, one week in the Grand Jury room, the next week in Sam's Club eating huge slabs of piazza and washing them down with those "calorie-free" milk shakes.
I hope you have a good year, and just for your sake, I hope MW has a good year.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #34

Hi ya everyone....POP POP POP....there goes the wiefan Grand Jury BUBBLE...the mailing notifications had to be OVER 240 people...because I heard a 240+ number called....earlier in the week was a chance for people to try to get exempt....my guess is probably 40+ people got exempt earlier because after the roll call of 191 Present and about 10-no shows...things were looking pretty good at my being selected....now in today's session the judge gave those present a final chance to seek an exemption...about 50+ people got in line....the Judge excused 23 people...thus this left only 168 for the 96 Grand Jury slots...96 because you have 6 groups of 16 jurors....so odds were better than 50/50 for me to get selected...go wiefan go

BOOM I was NOT one of the 96....but I still had life yet...if only I could secure one of the EARLY ALTERNATE SPOTS....the clerk said that on average about 25 or so alternates are used during the year....I told myself"... Wiefan", you can still do this...with 72 alternates, surely you can get into the top 25....BOOM POP BOOM...another BUBBLE BURSTING moment...my name gets called into the Number 52 spot out of 72

I felt like Michelle Wie shooting a Quadruple Bogey on the first hole of the day that was ranked as the easiest of the tournament....just kidding wieNation...Wiesy would never do this to all of us....hmmmm....

on the positive side of what happened today...I now get to go to the Lotte LPGA Tournament all of the days....hmmm....I will jump off the Cliff if Wiesy doesn't make the cut or gets DQ'd....Hold onto your Hat and BITE your tongue wiefan...OF COURSE Wiesy will make the cut and NOT get DQ'd...whew...I almost got kicked out of my WieNation Membership for awhile...whew!!!

anyway folks, I am going to listen to good ol'Buzzer and DROWN my sorrows in a great BIG Ice Cream Icee Float...Sam's Club here I come

anyway...have a good weekend everyone...see ya and Aloha
Old 01-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #35

Wiefan, at #52 you can stiil be called near the end of the process. I have not gone to grand jury, but had regular duty about ten times.
cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:29 AM   #36

Hi ya Cougar...I remember the lady in charge telling all of us that in her numerous years there...they ONLY usually go to #25 or so in a regular year....upon hearing that, I pretty much resigned to the fact that I will not be serving....it was a BUMMER news for me...I really wanted to serve on this Jury...oh well...perhaps it was NOT meant to be

I know that I might be a "teensy tiny" bit biased when it comes to Wiesy golf...but other than that...I am pretty unbiased toward everything through my Rose Colored Wie-Blinders...hmmm

anyway....see ya and Aloha....Cougar is the MAN!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:22 PM   #37
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Hi ya Everyone...Happy New Year to ALL of you...in Hawaii we say..."Haoli Maka Hiki Hou"...and NO NO NO, I did NOT curse or swear at anyone in Hawaiian...since I have completed my Candy Crush Addiction to the max of levels (515) that they have to offer at this time, and also the fact that Wiesy is waiting to tee it up in 2014....

on a sidenote...Tomorrow morning I have to report to Federal Court to see if I get selected to become a juror on the Grand Jury....I will have to serve every other week for an entire year...

I am really excited about this GO Wiesy GO!!!
And a great year to you, your family and, of course Michelle W.

As I always listen to you, I joined Candy Crush a few months a go. I AM FED UP and ready to quit . Am stuck at 245. But... if you made it, I will try. Read some where that a guy spend about $80.00 USD and still stuck on that level. Refuse to put my pennies in.

Too bad that you were not selected to the grand Jury. Look at the bright side. No one will ever blame you for the wrong decision on a potential life time sentence. Sleep well. You did your service to you country a feeeeew years ago.
Aloha, Hasta la vista.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #38

Originally Posted by Elf View Post
And a great year to you, your family and, of course Michelle W.

As I always listen to you, I joined Candy Crush a few months a go. I AM FED UP and ready to quit . Am stuck at 245. But... if you made it, I will try. Read some where that a guy spend about $80.00 USD and still stuck on that level. Refuse to put my pennies in.

Too bad that you were not selected to the grand Jury. Look at the bright side. No one will ever blame you for the wrong decision on a potential life time sentence. Sleep well. You did your service to you country a feeeeew years ago.
Aloha, Hasta la vista.

Hi ya Elf...DO NOT give up on Candy Crush...there are tons of time when you have to be MORE Lucky than skillfull...Hang in there...sooner or later the Luck Part will come around....and DO NOT PAY for anything...Spin for your free Boosters and use them when you get close to solving the level....another tip is to Google the level you are stuck on and see the tips that other people have...the tips from Patricia Frederickson is really good

hang in there Elf....you can do this.... Aloha and see ya!!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #39

I'm on level 191 .. grrrr. The cheat sheets say that one is more luck than anything, and so it's proving.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:21 AM   #40

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
I'm on level 191 .. grrrr. The cheat sheets say that one is more luck than anything, and so it's proving.
Hi ya Heddwyn....Happy New Year to you....don't give up....the basic rule of Candy Crush is to clear up barriers to open up the board so that you can make special candies....some of the levels really involves more luck than anything else....but once you open up the playing field, then you can use your skills and logic.....you can do this Hedwynn....google the level that you are stuck on and try to read Patricia Frederick's advise....that lady is really good at candy crush

anyway....have a good day...see ya and Aloha!!!