Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #21

Originally Posted by tonj5 View Post
After 2,599 posts, you sure deserve it.

Originally Posted by feonicamartinez View Post
Wow! That's impressive of you Saint. Congrats! Yeah, you deserve it!
Thanks for the kind words,Tony and Feonica.

And contrary to some folks' opinions,the world hasn't spun off its axis since I became a mod at MyLPGA...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 01-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #22

I'm not sure why all the hoopla over some names people have given to certain players. Hell, I call Pettersen Grumpy Pants all the time and she's one of my favorite players. It's no secret that I don't like Stacy Lewis and if I choose to express that opinion occassionally so be it. Like Buzzer said, nobody is going to tell me who I can like and who I can't like. Also agree with whoever said that some of these names are fine as long as we don't get into the race thing with any of them. I'm hardly going to run off if someone on here says they don't like the players I like - has no bearing on me whatsoever.

GO GRUMPY PANTS IN 2014!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #23
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
A few nicknames like Princess or Smiley is par for the course (pun not intended) and livens up the discussion.

Derogatory comments and nicknames aimed at other posters is another matter. We, the posters, are not the subject of this discussion board and are not public figures.
Back from freezing days on the mountains (hills, rugged topography,whatever) of Texas and find my self in trouble.
Blue states I attacked the new Moderator?
The new moderator calls me "pathetic" and "Drama Queen"?

Blue: Do you homework. Saint has insulted many LPGA players. Look at her almost 3000 post and she has a record of humiliating players. Instituting stupid names is irrelevant. I don't want to get back of her offending opinion of Paula and others.

And quoting you: "Derogatory comments and nicknames aimed at other posters is another matter". Check the "femme fatale" posts. Not interested in doing dirty research.

Once we had 814 posters on line. Members and guest and almost all Wie fans.

Now: A few loyal posters, a few newbies, xman contest players, and you and your side kicks. I am sure some of the most derelict post by Saint have been erased.

Last edited by Elf; 01-03-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #24

Ah...let it go Elf. Be a man and not a cry baby. This is just a forum and when you are in a forum like this, you should have a thick skin. Don't take it too personally. This is a worldwide forum and when you are in it, you encounter people of different backgrounds, cultures, personalities, etc., What is good for them, may not be good for you or vice-versa. When you are insulted, just take your best shot and don't take it personally. Amen? I love you, Elf. You're one of my allies here.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #25

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
[I]
You gotta know about the blind hog picking up an acorn once in awhile, eh?
So you got the acorn this time, but I expect your regular to follow closely behind.
How's your New Year going so far, Boobalou? I'm nursing a lousy cold that was a gift from one of my grandkids......only five are suspect donors. Take care AND where are you?
Viva Annika
Happy New Year to you and your family, your honor. Hope you're feeling better. Am still here in Manila and ready to take off this mid January and back from Paradise to snowy Colorado. But like the Nitty-Gritty dirt band song says, "The closest thing to heaven on this planet anywhere. Is a quiet Christmas(New Year) morning in the Colorado snow." hehe.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #26
Administrator

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
Okay, got it, we can be disrespectful of players and LPGA officials, but must respect fellow forum members.
It seems that most of the members agree that disrespectful names towards public figures are ok as long as they don't go overboard. As to names and insults towards forum members it looks like people don't agree in which case I'm thinking that direct attacks towards members in posts should be moderated.

People always seem to cross this line in arguments though so it would probably end up requiring a lot of moderation, and members will always find some reason to feel insulted from people they don't like, what is insulting for one person may actually not be an insult in the other persons mind but still may cause offense.

Also by the time someone gets around to moderating the member may have already read the insult deleting it isn't really going to help. So should there be a warning system for insults towards members and bans. I've done my best in the past to make sure that no one really gets banned on the forum, once we go down this road there maybe no members left, including the moderators.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #27

Originally Posted by Elf View Post
Back from freezing days on the mountains (hills, rugged topography,whatever) of Texas and find my self in trouble.
Blue states I attacked the new Moderator?
The new moderator calls me "pathetic" and "Drama Queen"?

Blue: Do you homework. Saint has insulted many LPGA players. Look at her almost 3000 post and she has a record of humiliating players. Instituting stupid names is irrelevant. I don't want to get back of her offending opinion of Paula and others.

And quoting you: "Derogatory comments and nicknames aimed at other posters is another matter". Check the "femme fatale" posts. Not interested in doing dirty research.

Once we had 814 posters on line. Members and guest and almost all Wie fans.

Now: A few loyal posters, a few newbies, xman contest players, and you and your side kicks. I am sure some of the most derelict post by Saint have been erased.
Yep,after reading that post,it's incredible to think you could be viewed as a drama queen.

814 members online ? They were probably there to see me and Blue.

Oh,and I've only ever had one 'derelict' post removed.Guess which golfer it was about ? I'll give you a clue : she's still never won in her homeland.

It's amazing how you continue to play the victim whilst being the board's biggest hypocrite.You know full well I'm male,yet continue to refer to me as a 'she'.

You seem to think that referring to a man as a woman is some kind of cutting edge humour.Some humiliating putdown.

Perhaps it's still 1973 where you live.

Aside from being neither cutting edge humour,nor even mildly amusing,it actually implies that you believe women are of lesser value than men ; that you can denigrate a person by calling them 'she' or 'her'.

So,I guess we can add 'sexist' and 'piss poor sense of humour' to your list of attributes.

And,my little bleating minion,as much as I love being 'sigged',it wasn't actually my first post as a moderator.It was my third post as a moderator.

Anyhoo,let me know if you want me to amend that for accuracy.

You know,because I'm a mod,and I could do that for you...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #28

Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
It seems that most of the members agree that disrespectful names towards public figures are ok as long as they don't go overboard. As to names and insults towards forum members it looks like people don't agree in which case I'm thinking that direct attacks towards members in posts should be moderated.

People always seem to cross this line in arguments though so it would probably end up requiring a lot of moderation, and members will always find some reason to feel insulted from people they don't like, what is insulting for one person may actually not be an insult in the other persons mind but still may cause offense.

Also by the time someone gets around to moderating the member may have already read the insult deleting it isn't really going to help. So should there be a warning system for insults towards members and bans. I've done my best in the past to make sure that no one really gets banned on the forum, once we go down this road there maybe no members left, including the moderators.
Rusty,it would be a disaster.

Seriously,if you go down that road,chaos will ensue.

Think of all the regulars on this forum : how many of them would be left under the new policy ?

For a start : me,Blue,Elf,LoJo,Heddwyn,Dangerbob,Gxer,Putter,Cha rlie,Balabill,Cleo,off the top of my head,have all said things about other posters which could be construed as offensive.

And I'm probably missing a few out,too.

It would either destroy the board or it would lead to accusations of 'favouritism' when certain people were warned/banned and others were not.

Once you say it's verboten to say something 'offensive' about a fellow poster,it would only be a matter of time before it became verboten to say something 'offensive' about a player.(And 'offensive' is such a subjective word.)

You would end up with no regulars and a bland board,bereft of posts...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 01-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #29
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Ah...let it go Elf................. I love you, Elf. You're one of my allies here.
Case closed and filed. What a coincidence. After so many years in Rusty's DB, I have the same sentiments toward you (don't misinterpret, feel the same for most members of the class of 2005)

Last edited by Elf; 01-03-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #30

Rusty, I was being sarcastic, though I was precising what Blue had posted. I don't think you can 'police' everything and keep everyone happy.

As DB said we are all from different backgrounds and cultures, what seems fine to one may be seen as bullying/offensive to another, and I'm sure we might all have been guilty of that. I would not like to see someone who has done their bit on this forum in whatever capacity feeling they need to leave as a result of one 'law' for one, something else for another - which has already happened, or someone leaving through perceived harassment.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote