Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 04:13 AM   #11
Administrator

This site hasn't attracted LPGA players anyway in these years. I don't think it ever will. Actually thats not exactly true a few LPGA players have visited including Cristie Kerr. But why would they join they already lead such busy lives and have enough just with the media.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #12
Forum Moderator

This would have to be a total fan site, saying nothing remotely critical of anything to attract players. I don't think we want to be that. Sophie Gustafson posted here a few years ago only as a favor to Matthias, the previous site owner.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #13

On the old LPGA site, there were several players who posted fairly regularly. One by one, they stopped because some "fans" got overly critical or, in some cases, downright rude.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #14

Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
This site hasn't attracted LPGA players anyway in these years. I don't think it ever will. Actually thats not exactly true a few LPGA players have visited including Cristie Kerr. But why would they join they already lead such busy lives and have enough just with the media.
With Twitter and Facebook taking care of day to day social contact, players don't have any reason to join and participate in discussions on message boards.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #15
Donating Member

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
With Twitter and Facebook taking care of day to day social contact, players don't have any reason to join and participate in discussions on message boards.
I was thinking this the other day as well. As a celebrity Twitter (and to a lesser extent) Facebook allow you to output communication without the time requirement of a blog or chat board. Probably has greatly improved this aspect of marketing.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote