Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
Administrator

Members blog

Vbulletin has a blog software that is integrated with the forum that lets members write and contribute blog/articles. So I'm wondering if there is any member interest in this. I'm pretty interest myself as it will help with the promotion and growth of this site and LPGA in general.

What I’d like to see in the blog: I know a few of you visit/follow the LPGA, and PGA tours, and are actually on the course when the professionals play. I'd like to see photos and articles about your impressions, experiences, and observations when following when viewing the LPGA professionals. Also I'm interested in an unique articles in general perhaps golf course reviews, or anything to do with golf.

I'm thinking of a reward system for this. If anyone would like to input there idea's. or comments. Hard cash perhaps to the voted article of the month? Cash per article? Prizes?

Also would members like to see a new forum skin or is everyone happy with the one we have now.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
NTB

Just asking. Are you saying when Coug makes a report it would be in the Blog area?
Would this become a new standard???
My typing Skills would really hamper my Blogging skill,whereas Wiefan is however not
a poster but a blogger.
Maybe after a few more responses I'll figure this out.
Personally I don't think it would get a lot of attention.
Just my opinion.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #3
Administrator

Just asking. Are you saying when Coug makes a report it would be in the Blog area? Would this become a new standard???
I'm not totally sure myself, but i would encourage him to blog it. I see a lot of myLPGA members link nice articles from other sites and then discuss it, so i suppose it would work the same way. Say for example coug or any member makes a report or article, the comments would then be linked to the forum for members to discuss.

The idea is that having articles on the site would be another way to encourage LPGA interested folks to the site. Relevent unique articles get nice search engine traffic, but when posted on the forum not so much. Also you can link or digg a nice article, but you cannot really do this with a forum.

As far as typing skills go mine are very average, and my writing skills are dismal. Which is why I'm asking if members are interested rather then trying to type up a bunch of articles myself. I guess Wiefan would have an unfair advantage at being able to type out a whole page the way he does, and I'd spend most of my time editing out all the........

Personally I don't think it would get a lot of attention.
Most of the bigger forum sites usually have some kind of article system to attract people to there site. Perhaps myLPGA members will not be that interested in reading a blog, but it might gain some traffic.

Last edited by Rusty; 12-16-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
Contest Statistician

Send a message via Yahoo to DJGOLFER59
I think it's a great idea. I questioned what that section of the site was all about when it first came out a year or so ago but got no reply. I think it would be great to see posters write their own blogs to add to the site.
DJGOLFER59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:34 PM   #5

[QUOTE=Rusty;78386]I'm not totally sure myself, but i would encourage him to blog it. I see a lot of myLPGA members link nice articles from other sites and then discuss it, so i suppose it would work the same way. Say for example coug or any member makes a report or article, the comments would then be linked to the forum for members to discuss.

The idea is that having articles on the site would be another way to encourage LPGA interested folks to the site. Relevent unique articles get nice search engine traffic, but when posted on the forum not so much. Also you can link or digg a nice article, but you cannot really do this with a forum.

As far as typing skills go mine are very average, and my writing skills are dismal. Which is why I'm asking if members are interest rather then trying to type up a bunch of articles myself. I guess Wiefan would have an unfair advantage at being able to type out a whole page the way he does, and i'd spend most of my time editing out all the........

Hi ya everyone....ahhh this "Blog and/or post"....just happen to catch my attention....as you all know I am very attentive to scrutinizing attention stuff

Rusty....I am so so glad that you are normal....it is good to get a "dishing" especially after "dishing" stuff in your direction....ahhh folks, we are all in for a good time here on this site....our Admin is also a very "rascal poster"....I love it

anyway...as far as spitting out page after page, think of it like this....exercise!!!....some people walk for exercise, some people, like Wiesy, walk backward....gulp!!....anyway....every once in awhile, I like to exercise my wee WIE fingers by typing....ahhh heck!! I don't want to get Carpal-Tunnel wrists....I like to keep the blood flowing in my veins

anyway....Cougar and others do an excellent job reporting what they see and hear at tournaments...so I think that this might be an excellent idea by admin Rusty...I am sure that followers of the LPGA that are not members of this site, might enjoy these personal Fan Diarys if they are assessable....ahhh heck!!!....we might even be able to get new Members this way...you never can tell, unless you try

to tell all of you the truth, I would not be good at this....all of my stuff are MOSTLY nonsense and kinda "Wordy"....hmmmm....here is a tidbit...when I was in High School, I remember my English Composition Teacher "ALWAYS" writing "Too Wordy" with her Red Pencil...she also use to write in her Red Pencil...."Where are the Facts???"....hmmmm....ahhh sometimes you CANNOT TEACH an old dog a new trick.....but folks....I did PASS my English Composition class with a SUPER "C"....perhaps I got this grade because of Participation.....ahhhh....even in High School, I was kinda "street Smart"....I think I might have been the idea behing President Bush "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND"....heck, my teachers didn't want to see me for another year....I had them "over a barrel"

anyway...enough about my High School days....I was kinda rascal during that time...sort of like I am now

anyway...today's typing exercise is complete....ahhhh....I can feel the blood oozing through the veins right now....hmmmm....I wonder how Wiesy's wrist feel??...I am kinda sure that she is going to announce that she is going to play in the SBS in Hawaii....she is scheduled to meet with the SBS people while she is in Korea....she was in Korea to attend the funeral of her Grandfather....her SBS meeting is scheduled on Dec 16....yikes!!! that is today....or maybe it is Yesterday according to the time zone conversions...ahh heck, it might even be Tomorrow.....hmmmm....by the way....did I ever tell anyone about my super confusion when it comes to changes in time Zones....ahhh heck....sometimes I think "Confusion" is my middle name....just kidding folks

anyway...all of you have a good day....see ya!!

Last edited by wiefan; 12-16-2008 at 11:36 PM.
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #6
NTB

Wiefan I can't believe I read all that.

Just so you will know I did read it. I think I had better stop picking
on you as you are beginning to show a sensitivity to it.

Rusty nor I was ditzing you we were merely stating the obvious.
You do type some large post some of it is amusing.

On the other hand I might not like myself very much if I didn't pick on
you Wie, Wieing so much.

You really should get that checked.
They say cranberry juice is good for it.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #7

Hi ya notax...ahhh heck...I don't mind getting slapped along side of the head every once in awhile....it does clear up the cobwebs....like I say....if you can't take it, don't dish it out....anyway....all of this stuff on discussion site are just for fun....if you take things seriously...then you definately have a problem

anyway....all of you have a good day....I have work tomorrow...I need my "Beauty Rest"....anyway....see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #8

Hi there, seems like a nice idea. I contribute to a blog here in Mexico, and as you might guess is in Spanish, but I can manage to translate my entries and post them on this new mylpga blog idea.

I'd love to post the articles I publish in the magazine, but it's not possible... I sign a contract, so... sorry about that!

Have a nice day!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #9

Smile

I have had the pleasure of reading some of Shampi's writings (pre-contract days) and can tell one and all that she would be a great addition to a blog. I miss her regular postings here, but the life of a journalist is not nine to five. Continued Good Luck, little Mushroom.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Viva Annika/Shampi
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I have had the pleasure of reading some of Shampi's writings (pre-contract days) and can tell one and all that she would be a great addition to a blog. I miss her regular postings here, but the life of a journalist is not nine to five. Continued Good Luck, little Mushroom.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Viva Annika/Shampi
Thanks buddy!!!, as usual you're being way too nice. You're right this new life is quite hectic... but if the new admin is ok with my previous post, I'll be happy to translate some of my stuff...

BTW, Annika will be definitively missed!!!