Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
Donating Member

Forum down on 9/1/12?

I routinely go to the slit via the New Posts button. I am not seeing any new posts for today, which would be quite unusual. So is the new button broken? Or some other issue?
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #2

Everybody must be at the BBQ....you're the only new post today.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
NTB

FOOTBALL
Old 09-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #4

Originally Posted by NTB View Post
FOOTBALL
So after watching some US Open Tennis tonight...I channel surf and guess what's on a regular channel.

Canadian Lingerie Football.
The scouting team must be ex-HR managers from Hooters.

The quarterback can actually throw spirals, there's really tough tackling and one girl is playing with a broken nose.

Only in Canada....the girls are not wearing football helmets but hockey helmets with visors.......there is pushing, shoving, kicking and fighting.
Wow....a girl just got cloth lined in the throat and another just creamed the quarterback after she threw the ball.
And there are no penalties.

My wife just came home and said this can't true...it must be for charity....what teams are they??.......lmao.
The beer belly guys wearing wife beaters in the stands are yelling at the girls..."Let's make out", let's make out".

This is quite the gong show.

Last edited by Mr3putt; 09-02-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:52 AM   #5

I noticed there were no posts too, CT, then I realised it was wall-to-wall beginning of season football.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
NTB

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
So after watching some US Open Tennis tonight...I channel surf and guess what's on a regular channel.

Canadian Lingerie Football.
The scouting team must be ex-HR managers from Hooters.

The quarterback can actually throw spirals, there's really tough tackling and one girl is playing with a broken nose.

Only in Canada....the girls are not wearing football helmets but hockey helmets with visors.......there is pushing, shoving, kicking and fighting.
Wow....a girl just got cloth lined in the throat and another just creamed the quarterback after she threw the ball.
And there are no penalties.

My wife just came home and said this can't true...it must be for charity....what teams are they??.......lmao.
The beer belly guys wearing wife beaters in the stands are yelling at the girls..."Let's make out", let's make out".

This is quite the gong show.
I was fortune enough to see that one time in my life.
Any links on the web?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
NTB

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
I noticed there were no posts too, CT, then I realised it was wall-to-wall beginning of season football.
It's like the first day of deer season in Arkansas. Schools close.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
Donating Member

Interesting overlap between LPGA fans and football. I assume college football? I am not much of a football fan.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #9

Yes, College Football!! Sept 1st was the official start of the Saturday games and it was literally from morning til well into the night for the avid fan.

Notre Dame played Navy in Dublin, Ireland and that game was on at 9:00 a.m. Eastern time. Whether one is a ND fan or a ND "hater", this was must watch viewing, until the Irish made it a boring blowout.

Then games at noon and at 3:30 and night games, including, at 8pm, the Alabama vs. Michigan game which was played in the stadium the Dallas Cowboys play.

It turned out the Bama/Michigan game was a bust because Michigan is overrated big time, and Alabama is like an NFL team.

Golf...even the PGA Tour.... suffers greatly for their share of tv viewers during football season.

Btw....did MarinePaul say he was going on a vacation? Haven't seen any posts from him in a while.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #10

Cool

No matter the score, Nick Sabin always looks like his team is down by four TDs. It appears that he is not a fan of being interviewed on his way to the locker room at half-time, either. Can't blame him there....the questions are always the same...and...stupid...and needless.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote