Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
Administrator

Donations for next years contests

I'd like to make the mylpga contests next year a little more exciting by adding a final prize to the top 3 winners. and perhaps a small prize for the best picker of each the tournament depending. Cougar has kindly agree'd to purchase some souveniers at the LPGA tournaments he is attending, so I'm thinking possibly a lpga shirt some signed golf balls from LPGA players (if he can swing it) I'm not sure what they offer at the tournments I'll speak with Cougar and see what he recommends.

I'm chucking in $100 dollars to get us started if anyone would like to make a donation towards the contest prizes you can do so here.

If anyone has a souvenier they collected at a LPGA tournamnet and want to donate it towards the contest? please let me know.

I'd also appreciate some advice on the contest prize winning guidelines, like only people that have posted more then 50 times can win a prize? something along those lines
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #2

Interesting ideas.... as for donating to wards the cause, I well if my estate goes through.... unfortunately my lawyers say it well take another year yet to finish.... so guess it well be a while before I can kick something in for the contests.

I do not enter the contests as they require ongoing Internet attendance throughout the contest, and I never know just when I well have time to finish one. But I do watch and read about them, and think the contest is a good thing.

One the subject though.... it would be nice to have a simpler contest here to.... one that is easy to enter, and only needs one entry at start.... just another thought. :-)
Old 12-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
Forum Moderator

Do we have scorekeepers lined up for next year yet? We might want to make sure we have this in place before spending money and effort on prizes.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
Administrator

That might be an idea, I didn't think that far ahead. Anyone wan't to run next year's contests?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
Administrator

Still looking for a contest runner a couple of people would be good in case someone can't run it. First tournament is Feb 18. I can also ask Blue and Xman to give a crash course on how to run it if you don't know how.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
Contest Statistician

I don't have a problem doing it again.

Hopefully I finish much better.

The format that we use gets you involved in the actual tournament. It's not just making some picks and see what happens. In the later rounds with the pairings based on actual results you have a lot to think about, do you just pick the favorites or a low ranked player who is hot the first 2 rounds, the weather, etc. Also it adds a little to the tournaments if you are watching them on tv.

Yes, sometimes its hard on the weekends getting in the picks. It's also not so easy making sure that the pairings are posted on time and scores get posted on time.

I am open to any suggestions, however I like the current format, maybe with fewer groupings, say 10 and possible pairs not threesomes. That would make scoring a lot closer.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
Administrator

I'd like to make it the contest easier for the Contest runners, so its less imposing on your time, but its really up to you. 10 and two sounds fine. Thanks for volunteering again Xman. I'd still like an extra couple of contest runners so it doesn't take up your time every tournament.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #8
Forum Moderator

I'm not sure right now how many contests I'll be able to run this year. I'll know more as the season gets going.

As for the format, using 10 and 2 will be a lot less work. It also means our scores will all be much closer for every round.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #9

I didn't enter last year because it was too difficult to get picks turned in each night when at tournaments. After being at the course all day, having dinner, and sometimes dealing with poor hotel Internet connections, I did not have enough time to make the picks.

Since I know a number of the players, I could get autographed balls for prizes, in addition to buying merchandise at the tournaments I attend. If I have a list of favorite players, I can try to get balls signed from them.

Maybe Rusty can make a shopping list before the J Golf tournament in March.
cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #10
Administrator

I'm not sure what $100 dollars US will buy at a tournament hopefully a lpga shirt signed by as many players as you can. And some golf balls signed. The list we would like to include would probably be Michelle Wie, Ji-Yai Shin, Lorena Ochoa, Paula Creamer, Morgan Pressal, Cristie Kerr, Paula Creamer.

But any LPGA player would be appreciated I think cougar.

I'll send you the $100 some time soon and hopefully we get a few member donations or ad revenue this year and can increase the prizes throughout the year.