Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #31
Forum Moderator

The one thing that led me to say his posts had crossed the line was MoReb's comment directly to dangerbob to knock it off after dangerbob made a joke about MoReb's wife.

dangerbob persisted escalated by calling MoReb a baby.

Jokes are OK, but when every post is a joke and when the posts get personal, people should know to back off.

In addition, this thread was about the Solheim Cup and when the joke came in, the discussion stopped. That's a common pattern around here. I'm not saying we can't joke around, but to make every post a joke, and the same old joke with a picture something about sex and some other poster's wife, it tends to derail the discussion away from golf which I thought is why we're all here.

Last edited by Blue; 08-10-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #32

Okay...it's my turn. First of all thank Wiefan and Rusty for your complements and for backing me up. I'm glad both of you along with Buzzer can understand. As you all know...we are all here to have fun and if some people can not take a joke...that is fine. If you are in a forum like this...since we don't know and see each other face to face...you should be able to take a shot from other posters that you probably will never met. If you are an observant poster...posters here who actually met in person (Example: Buzzer and LoJo, Buzzer and Putter, Putter and Heddwyn) never say anything bad to each other because they had met in person.
Like Wiefan said, as posters, we have all different personality and that's what make a forum diverse. It's not all about golf...the reason why there are folders like "anything".
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #33

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I called the thread "dangerbob funny or not" because that was exactly what the discussion was about. I moved the posts that were off-topic out of the Michelle Wie folder to the myLPGA folder and gave them a topic that reflected exactly what was being discussed which is whether dangerbob is funny. This is not the first time this has come up.

I happen to think his "humor" is not funny and it drives people away from this site. A discussion will be going along on a golf topic and then we have some silly picture and a joke about some poster's wife. This site is supposed to be about golf, but threads are continually hijacked with juvenille pictures and personal attacks about other posters. Most posters (I understand there are exceptions) don't want to read this and don't find it amusing or entertaining.
At least it's a humor. How about you and Marinepaul insulting a player like Michelle and her parents? And posters here are hoping LPGA players to participate? And how about those posters you drove away from this fourm like Boola Boss, Elf and the rest of the Wiefans? You have a history of insulting them there reason why the left.

Originally Posted by Blue
If you want to grow the site with the taget audience --- women's golf fans -- you probably don't want to endorse this kind of behavior.
Now you're telling the Owner/Administrator of this site how to run his forum. That's just like an employee to telling his boss what to do.

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #34

DB, what you don't understand is that there are limits. There's absolutely no reason to bring anyone's wife into one of your alleged "jokes." You tend to think that because we've never met, it's ok to say whatever you want. It's easy to insult someone from a couple thousand miles away. I just wonder if you'd say the same thing to any of us face to face. Somehow, i doubt it.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #35

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
Wiefan, I can say, directly from an Email I received, that Notaxbill, for one, quit posting as a direct result of an insulting comment posted by DB. See, it's not even an "unnamed source." I would venture a guess that he's not the only one, but that would, in fact, be a guess.
If you go back and read his posts...you'll find out that he made many jokes that were directed to me. He quit because he take a shot at other posters but he can not take it himself.

And by the way, I thought you can not post here what is in your personal e-mail. I was given a warning by Rusty for publishing a personal message which actually an e-mail within a forum...but you as a moderator can publish what you receive in you personal e-mail? What if I publish here all the dirty jokes you sent me through e-mails, Mr. Moderator? I still have it in my file. I admit, I also sent you some and you have my permission to post it if you want.

Originally Posted by MarinePaul
There's a limit to how far a poster should go, and he's crossed the line several times, in my opinion. When you start bringing other posters' families into your "jokes," it's crossing the line. Putting a smiley on a post doesn't make it funny.
Like I said, at least it's a joke. But you and Blue, the moderators keep insulting a player's family. That's crossing the line in my opinion.

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #36

The one thing that led me to say his posts had crossed the line was MoReb's comment directly to dangerbob to knock it off after dangerbob made a joke about MoReb's wife.
Read the joke again...it wasn't a joke on his wife...but rather on him and MarinePaul. And it was just for fun because they started it by saying I'm a gay who is interested on Barney Frank.

dangerbob persisted escalated by calling MoReb a baby.
How about him saying, "Barney Frank INTO DB?" To you, is that a good joke?

Jokes are OK, but when every post is a joke and when the posts get personal, people should know to back off.

In addition, this thread was about the Solheim Cup and when the joke came in, the discussion stopped. That's a common pattern around here. I'm not saying we can't joke around, but to make every post a joke, and the same old joke with a picture something about sex and some other poster's wife, it tends to derail the discussion away from golf which I thought is why we're all here.
Don't be so self-righteous Blue. You have the history of making many insult remarks against Michelle Wie, her parents and the Wie fans who used to post here and had left this forum because of your insults.

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #37

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
DB, what you don't understand is that there are limits. There's absolutely no reason to bring anyone's wife into one of your alleged "jokes." You tend to think that because we've never met, it's ok to say whatever you want. It's easy to insult someone from a couple thousand miles away. I just wonder if you'd say the same thing to any of us face to face. Somehow, i doubt it.
JJfan started the joke about his wife accusing him of stalking the beer at the 19th hole. I did not make a joke on your wives...it was a joke on you. If I said, "MarinePaul accused his wife of stalking someone...then that's different."

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #38
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Now you're telling the Owner/Administrator of this site how to run his forum. That's just like an employee to telling his boss what to do.
Not at all. The posters here, even the posters who are moderators, are the customers, not the employees. Without us, there is no site. A site that is boring or offensive and attracts no visitors doesn't help Rusty. We make suggestions to the owner of what we want and what we think will make the site better and attract more visitors. Hopefully he listens.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #39

Not at all. The posters here, even the posters who are moderators, are the customers, not the employees. Without us, there is no site. A site that is boring or offensive and attracts no visitors doesn't help Rusty. We make suggestions to the owner of what we want and what we think will make the site better and attract more visitors. Hopefully he listens.
But you are the biggest violaters of this forum...from insulting an LPGA players like Michellle and her parents and being very biased in your opinion. Even Rusty who runs this forum can understand that all I was doing was having fun and it wasn't my intentions to hurt anyone here at all. I have made lots of jokes on Buzzer and there wasn't any problem because he took them like a man. In fact we became friends...e-mailing each other and we are planning to meet when he visit Denver next Spring.

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #40
PW

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
JJfan started the joke about his wife accusing him of stalking the beer at the 19th hole. I did not make a joke on your wives...it was a joke on you. If I said, "MarinePaul accused his wife of stalking someone...then that's different."
You've got a point there, is that all blue and marinepaul are talking about?

That's hardly attacking somebody's wife.
PW is offline   Reply With Quote