Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > myLPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #21
Forum Moderator

I called the thread "dangerbob funny or not" because that was exactly what the discussion was about. I moved the posts that were off-topic out of the Michelle Wie folder to the myLPGA folder and gave them a topic that reflected exactly what was being discussed which is whether dangerbob is funny. This is not the first time this has come up.

I happen to think his "humor" is not funny and it drives people away from this site. A discussion will be going along on a golf topic and then we have some silly picture and a joke about some poster's wife. This site is supposed to be about golf, but threads are continually hijacked with juvenille pictures and personal attacks about other posters. Most posters (I understand there are exceptions) don't want to read this and don't find it amusing or entertaining.

If you want to grow the site with the taget audience --- women's golf fans -- you probably don't want to endorse this kind of behavior.

That's my two cents.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #22

Hi ya Blue...actually there is no evidence that Dangerbob's stuff drives away posters...just as there is no evidence that he increases posters...also...there is no evidence that "MOST" posters don't like his stuff as MOST members here are more "reader than poster type"

so far we have ONLY heard from a very "SMALL percentage" of the members here...and from this, I cannot see how the "MOST Posters" claim is validated

on the subject of Topic going off tangent.....this happens on every thread...once a comment is made on anything, there is a good tendency that it will lead to other stuff...this is typical of any thread

anyway....just my opinion on this topic....have a good day...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #23

Wiefan...I read Blue's posting as nothing more than an opinion versus any factual evidence you seem to imply she made.
Whistling Straight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #24
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Whistling Straight View Post
Wiefan...I read Blue's posting as nothing more than an opinion versus any factual evidence you seem to imply she made.
Yes, it's an opinion.

I thought I made that clear with the "that's my two cents" line.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #25

WF, I rarely bother when I see DB has posted last in a thread, or if he's initiated one. His jokes were funny in their day, way back in the dark ages but they aren't now, his continual posting of pix isn't amusing and mostly doesn't relate to the topic. 5th grade is right. My opinion, but obviously I'm not alone.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #26

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
WF, I rarely bother when I see DB has posted last in a thread, or if he's initiated one. His jokes were funny in their day, way back in the dark ages but they aren't now, his continual posting of pix isn't amusing and mostly doesn't relate to the topic. 5th grade is right. My opinion, but obviously I'm not alone.
Agreed, DB goes over the top sometimes.... but then so do you sometimes.... me to.

Yet staying on topic is one thing I wish he would keep to.... other wise it destroys a long topic if one starts mid point.

Ha.... like MW on the LPGA tour and learning a new job.... so DB may have to learn a few things to about pictured words, of when and when not to....

You can not please or inform everyone of ones self wisdom, yet most is always preferable then to just a few.

Just views.... with little thought tossed into it.

Aha.... I cast my own dart at myself before thee... am I wise or more related to that fool about to walk over a cliff while pondering life. Ha... not only one dart but two.... rats, thats starting to hurt now. :-)
Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #27

Personally, and that's only my personal opinion WF, I find it to be more annoying when someone strays from a golf-related topic to posting cartoons and pics not related to golf in the midst of a thread. I find anything else disrespectful but I'm tolerant of it.
Just my opinion, I'm also wondering what our reaction would be if we, let's say, were part of a NASCAR discussion forum which was dominated by women talking about how the drivers looked in their uniforms? Not exactly a calling card for me to return. My opinion.
Whistling Straight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #28

Er, WS, what do you think we women put up with on here? Guys talking about how hot the girlie players are, happens on numerous occasions.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 AM   #29

Wiefan, I can say, directly from an Email I received, that Notaxbill, for one, quit posting as a direct result of an insulting comment posted by DB. See, it's not even an "unnamed source." I would venture a guess that he's not the only one, but that would, in fact, be a guess.

There's a limit to how far a poster should go, and he's crossed the line several times, in my opinion. When you start bringing other posters' families into your "jokes," it's crossing the line. Putting a smiley on a post doesn't make it funny.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:12 AM   #30

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
Er, WS, what do you think we women put up with on here? Guys talking about how hot the girlie players are, happens on numerous occasions.

I think that was the point.