Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Seon Hwa Lee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #11
hosel_rocket

Originally Posted by cleo
The original poster was wondering why she hadn't been mentioned as a successor to the #1 position. JJ although having won a major isn't mentioned as a possible heir either probably because of her length. That's the point.
Miss Cleo, your premise has leaks because the so-called "new breed" like Paula and Morgan aren't long ball hitters either. Paula does happen to be longer than Seon Hwa this year but it's by only 10 yards. It's not like Paula's known for her length. Morgan has always been known to be a short-knocker, and she, in fact, is shorter than Seon Hwa.

Apart from the tournament that she won last week on a short layout, most of her best performances have been on long tracks. Her 3 runner-up finishes were at:
Fields Open: 6519 yards
Master Card Classic: 6932 yards
Takefuji Classic: 6550 yards

In regards to a player who's already had 6 yrs. of professional experience, I don't see her as being part of the "new breed", and maybe that's a reason she hasn't gotten the same attention as some of the others.
More nonsense. Did you know about Seon Hwa Lee 6 years ago? Did anybody know about her back then or even last year when she played her 2nd season on the Futures Tour? I doubt it. For all anybody knows, she could have started playing golf last year. The bottom line is that she's not considered part of the "new breed" because she's just another faceless Korean in yours and most other people's eyes.

I find it a joke that Paula Creamer is being considered as "heir apparent" to Annika because of her so-called "brilliant rookie season". My how people forget that in 1998, another faceless Korean won two majors as a rookie. Even after that season, Se Ri Pak wasn't anointed "heir apparent" to Annika and that was well before Annika became a dominant force on the LPGA Tour.

By the way, I suggest you do something about your anger management problem, you consistently write like a jr. high problem child.
Anger? Oh please. I generally laugh as I respond to weak arguments like yours.

If find it hilarious for you to get all excited about Morgan's 2 consecutive top 5s and the prospect of her doing well this week, yet you question if Seon Hwa Lee, who's absolutely destroying Morgan in the ROY chase, can handle long courses and major-like set-ups.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #12

Smile

Originally Posted by Blue
-3 after 9. I know everyone has access to Real Time scoring, but this is a good start.

Very good start after round 1! If Seon Hwa Lee can pull it off this week , I think people may start to give her even more attention.
ajraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #13

Hosel Rocket, I'll make this quite brief. Your attempts at rebuttal are the work of someone who appears to be at least having trouble with comprehending the English language and at worst someone who is ill.

I won't respond to you anymore under any circumstances.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #14

Nice topic... I saw Seon Hwa Lee a couple of holes here at the MasterCard and since that time I was sure she was going to win this year and of course take the ROY... She's amazing... she's focused and her short game is terrific!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #15

HR, whether intentional or not, your use of the term "Miss Cleo" sounds more than a little condescending, if not chauvanistic.

Shampi, I like her short game as well. She wasn't on my list of potential ROY candidates, but she's playing extremely well. She has a ton of experience, which gives her an edge over some of the other rookies, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:38 PM   #16
hosel_rocket

Hosel Rocket, I'll make this quite brief. Your attempts at rebuttal are the work of someone who appears to be at least having trouble with comprehending the English language and at worst someone who is ill.

I won't respond to you anymore under any circumstances.
I addressed your arguments point by point, and you don't have a rebuttal. Run away, coward.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:43 PM   #17
hosel_rocket

Originally Posted by MarinePaul
HR, whether intentional or not, your use of the term "Miss Cleo" sounds more than a little condescending, if not chauvanistic.

Shampi, I like her short game as well. She wasn't on my list of potential ROY candidates, but she's playing extremely well. She has a ton of experience, which gives her an edge over some of the other rookies, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Miss Cleo was a well-known psychic scam artist, and after the ad hominem ("write like a jr. high problem child") reply, this Cleo deserves no more respect from me than Miss Cleo does.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:06 PM   #18

HR, I'm sure that you feel you were justified, but I can't see where our Cleo deserves that kind of comparison. After seeing your on- going fued with Blue, and now Cleo, I began to wonder whether your problem may be with opinionated women.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:18 AM   #19

If this thread is still about Seon Hwa Lee aka ROK STEADY let me respond.

When mylpga was having a ROY poll she wasn't on there. LPGA rookie blog, yea right. what blog?

Shoprite LPGA classic final round interview...

Dinna Gross Rhods: so you did't look at the leaderboard.

Seon Hwa Lee: no...

The interviewer was incredulous; She asked the same question 5 times and got the same answer 5 times.

Here is a story of her win from a reporter and she got what Seon Hwa Lee was saying. I'll just highlight the main part. You can get lots of information just from this story. Anyway I am just passing on what another poster posted at another site...

The star-ledger
NO-LOOK APPROACH LEADS LEE TO VICTORY
by bridget Wentworth

"... Lee made a point of keeping her eyes off the leaderboards as she progressed through the round, and had no idea where she stood on any given hole.

But wilkes knew exactly what was going on, and held off letting Lee know until the two were walking up the fiarway toward the 18th green. 'And she said, (really!) and I told her, 'yeah you've got 3-shot lead, kid. 'And she just got in the zone.' "

"... We don't talk a whole lot, because I'll say something and shell go, 'what?' She doesn't here anything,' Wilkes said. 'Most of the Koreans are that way. They are so focused, So mentally sound, especially Seon. For a 20-year old to be able to focus like that, it's pertty unbelievable!'...."

A good caddy plus good player equals an unbeatable combination. This is just the beginning of many wins. Now only if some of the other Seoul Sisters can get caddys that are agreeable to their mentality like soo-yun kang. When Young Kim shot 65 round at one event that was with two 30 second violation penalty stroke.

Now you know the rest of the interview....back to your regularly scheduled cat fight.....HR feed the trolls at your own risk....
fofw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:44 AM   #20
hosel_rocket

Originally Posted by MarinePaul
HR, I'm sure that you feel you were justified, but I can't see where our Cleo deserves that kind of comparison. After seeing your on- going fued with Blue, and now Cleo, I began to wonder whether your problem may be with opinionated women.
To be honest, I didn't even think to consider their gender. I presumed that they were a couple of bitter, old men who still want women barefoot and pregnant. It's funny that they're the ones that assume that Wie fans are of the 50 year old, male set. In my experience, that actually describes the typical Wie basher, who lived in a time when few women played golf at all, let alone with men. These are the types from which I also sense a negative attitude stemming from Michelle's ethnic background.

You want to say that calling Cleo "Miss Cleo" was condescending, but look at the manner in which Cleo responds to others:

By the way, I suggest you do something about your anger management problem, you consistently write like a jr. high problem child.
Your attempts at rebuttal are the work of someone who appears to be at least having trouble with comprehending the English language and at worst someone who is ill.
Paddyman, if you can't even spell correctly(it's definitely, not definetely) what makes you think...

I've written this before and I'll say it again. A significant number of the Wiefanatics have some difficulty with the English language.
Having a clear understanding of English is one of the top requirements in my paralegal work. I review hundreds of documents a day.
By the way, Cleo, whoop-dee-do. You're a paralegal. Paint me impressed. NOT!