Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Christina Kim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #1

Good news about Kim.

I know that some of you probably won't think this is good news, but believe me, it is good news for the LPGA tour.
-----------------------
There was turnover among the seven player members of the board this week with Kim Hall and Katie Futcher elected to three-year terms. Juli Inkster’s term expired. So did the term of Christina Kim, who sought another term but was not re-elected.

Marty Evans and LPGA and acting commissioner and LPGA Board - Shag Bag Golf Blog | Golf Channel
Old 11-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
I know that some of you probably won't think this is good news, but believe me, it is good news for the LPGA tour.
-----------------------
There was turnover among the seven player members of the board this week with Kim Hall and Katie Futcher elected to three-year terms. Juli Inkster’s term expired. So did the term of Christina Kim, who sought another term but was not re-elected.

Marty Evans and LPGA and acting commissioner and LPGA Board - Shag Bag Golf Blog | Golf Channel
It would likely be difficult for anyone who supported Bivens, like Christina Kim, to remain on the board.

From earlier this week:

LPGA: Bivens' backlash roils board: Local Knowledge: Golf Digest Magazine

"The LPGA Board of Directors is apparently feeling some backlash for allowing the Carolyn Bivens situation go on as long as it did. According to sources familiar with the situation, Dawn Hudson will remain on the board but is unlikely to be re-elected as chairman. And sources say player members on the board do not support the idea of making acting commissioner Marty Evans chair, in part because she oversaw the recent layoffs at tour headquarters. Many LPGA insiders view Hudson as part of a group that included former board chair Rae Evans as responsible for hiring Bivens, a longtime friend of Evans. Marty Evans was placed on the board by Bivens. All are tied together by headhunter Joie Gregor, who recommended Bivens for commissioner and helped Marty Evans get a job running the American Red Cross.

According to these sources, Marty Evans has informed the board that if she is not chair she will not remain on the board. There will be a turnover of at least two independent directors on the board and among those being considered to fill the spots, sources say, are Cindy Davis, a former LPGA officials who is currently president of Nike Golf, and Anheuser-Busch/InBev executive Tony Pontura. Mike Whan, a marketing man who most recently ran a hockey equipment company, takes over as commissioner Jan. 4. According to several sources familiar with the interview process during the commissioner search, Gregor was an active participant in the search process."

As it turned out, Pontura was named to the board the day after this report was published.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
According to these sources, Marty Evans has informed the board that if she is not chair she will not remain on the board.
I would say to her, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #4

Agreed, Gxer.....looks like there is some housecleaning to do.......

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote