Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Christina Kim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #1

Christina Kim Case Study

Case Studies: Christina Kim

Free of the restraints of a full-line equipment contract, Kim plays what she wants. And although some clubs may change, the set configuration never does. "I like to think I'm versatile enough with my swing to produce any shots I might need."

I've used this TaylorMade r7 quad 425 driver since the start of the year. It's 8.5 degrees, up from the 7.5 that I was using. I've bought into the "more loft, fly it high thing." The higher loft made it appear closed so they opened the face a bit.

This TaylorMade r7 3-wood is new to my bag this year, but it doesn't get a lot of use as a driving club. If I'm forced to lay up, I'll use this off the tee. But I'm not a big fan of laying up. If I can hit driver, I will.

My TaylorMade r7 5-wood is 17.5 degrees and, since this is it until my 4-iron, I've learned to play a lot of shots with it. Hybrids are an alien concept to me. I have a steep swing and take big divots so they're hard for me to control.

My safety nets. I've used this Henry Girffits RDH II model for five years. I use the 4-10 irons. I can't hit the 3. It just goes too low. I've tried other brands but haven't found anything better. I'll use these as long as they make them.

The TaylorMade Black rac wedges (52, 56 and 60 degrees) have been in the bag for two years. Some players change bounces, but not me. I prefer to use my hands to work the ball, instead. For me, it's all about simplicity.

I put this Yes! Victoria mallet putter in play last fall and won at Mobile [Ala.] with it. I like a short putter, 33 inches. I don't change often, but when I do it's extreme: blade to mallet or mallet to blade.

I probably generate enouh speed to use the Titleist Pro V1x, but I stick with the original Pro V1. In fact, I played that model all last year, too. Some people use six or more balls a round, but I only go through three or four.

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #2

Hi ya bangkokbobby...terriffic stuff....ahhh Christina....she is indeed a lady that just says what she feels....Ladies golf is Lucky to have her out on tour....she sort of makes everything a little more enjoyable...anyway....have a great day....see ya....great job of posting...as usual.....see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #3
Forum Moderator

This is very interesting. Thanks for the excellent info and superb photos. Where did you get it?

(BTW, a bit off-topic, but it's timely -- go Freddy! (Couples))
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:42 PM   #4

Hi ya Blue.....I have been a fan of Bangkokbobby for a long time now....I think you will indeed love his stuff....never ever dull

anyway....have a great day....see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:33 PM   #5

Glad you like the post....BUT I have forgotten where I got it!!! I posted this at Seoul Sisters...I dunno...maybe two weeks ago...I guess I could copy and paste the image tags and see if that refreshes my memory...the first signs of aging!! :D

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #6

I love it! Thanks bangkokbobby!
bluesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:43 PM   #7

Good stuff, BB. Like MAWL, you bring some interesting posts to the boards.