Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Solheim Cup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Forum Moderator

Updated US Solheim Team Standings

Updated US Solheim Cup point standings after Evian:

1 Kerr 726.0 pts
2 Pressel 447.5 pts
3 Stanford 438.5 pts
4 Lewis 413.5 pts
5 Creamer 407.5 pts
6 Wie 358.0 pts
7 Lincicome 350.5 pts
8 Lang 210.5 pts
9 Inkster 188.5 pts
10 C Kim 150.5 pts
--------
11 McPherson 130.0 pts
12 V Hurst 112.5 pts
=======
13 Futcher 109.0 pts
14 Ward 89.0 pts
15 P Hurst 86.5 pts
16 Gulbis 72.5 pts
17 Prammanasudh 67.0 pts
18 Blumenherst 63.0 pts
19 Mackenzie 62.0 pts
20 Bowie Young 41.0 pts

Next week is double points at the WBO. Then there's one more tournament until the team is finalized.

Inkster has said she will play if she qualifies on points. She is in right now at number 9.

Assuming points don't change too much, who would you pick for captain's picks if you were Rosie Jones?

Last edited by Blue; 07-24-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #2

Personally, I can't see where Christina Kim is going to do the Solheim team any good. I'd drop her and put Pat Hurst in her place (she's been playing well of late)but, I know you can't "drop" players - too bad.....and of course I'm biased, but I'd take Paige MacKenzie who seems to be coming into her own. I swear to God, if I have to put up with another "Christina Specatacle" at this year's Solheim I'll committ Hari-Kari.....or I'll just have more Buds.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
Personally, I can't see where Christina Kim is going to do the Solheim team any good. I'd drop her and put Pat Hurst in her place (she's been playing well of late)but, I know you can't "drop" players - too bad.....and of course I'm biased, but I'd take Paige MacKenzie who seems to be coming into her own. I swear to God, if I have to put up with another "Christina Specatacle" at this year's Solheim I'll committ Hari-Kari.....or I'll just have more Buds.
I see Futcher bumping out V. Hurst.

If I were captain.....my 2 captain picks would be Paige and Nats...because of their 'hotness' factor....I know no reasonable male viewer would disagree on these selections.

I'd kick CK to the curb...but can't see eliminating another player...so I would have a 13 female team.

Congrats to Paiger for qualifying for the CME event....YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #4

I have a sneaky feeling that Paige is only going to get better now that she's playing a lot more tournaments - nice to see - she has a great personality and the more known she becomes, the better she'll be for the LPGA.

I know why you guys would pick Natalie - DUH!....but you have to admit, she's not exactly setting the golf world on fire - she's a great ambassador for the LPGA and has personality plus, but we're talking golf here. Oh, what the hell..... Nat & Paige - throw the other team off with your smiles!! LOL
Old 07-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #5

Damn,Christina Kim is looking fairly safe.

I assume we'll see a repeat of her crass antics from Rich Harvest Farms in '09.

She'll probably be teamed up with Wie,again.

I'll be like a bulimic who's just eaten a five-course meal.

As to your two captain's picks : Kristy McPherson is next in line,but she's had a desperately poor season.I'd probably go Katie Futcher or Paige Mackenzie and Pat Hurst or Stacy Prammanasudh...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 07-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #6
Forum Moderator

I am praying that C Kim self-destructs at the WBO and Safeway so Rosie Jones has an excuse not to pick her.

Even then she won't. She Wiesy's only friend in the golf world and Wiesy's parents will issue death threats if their child doesn't have a little friend on the team. Just kidding Wie fans with thin skins and no sense of humor!!

Other than that, captains picks should be Katie Futcher and Pat Hurst. One young 'un and one seasoned vet.

The US team is already much better looking that the Euro team so it doesn't need Nats who really is not as spectacular looking in person as so many of the guys on this site imagine and is not playing well enough to warrant a berth.

Last edited by Blue; 07-31-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
NTB

I am not in favor of Katie Futcher as she hasn't really looked that good as a pro.. If she has a good round in a tournament that will be all she then falls a part..
Old 07-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
sag

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Assuming points don't change too much, who would you pick for captain's picks if you were Rosie Jones?
1. I want players who hopefully won't play like crap. Players who do so will have that reflect in their scoring average, so I'll sort on that.

2. In the better-ball, birdies help the team, but bogies will usually be covered by partner's par or better. Favor a player who makes more birdies.

Since there's so much anti-Christina Kim sentiment, I'll include her as well just in case she gets knocked out of the tenth spot.

Code:
Scoring average

MacKenzie               72.04
Futcher                 72.64
Gulbis                  72.65
Prammanasudh            72.76
McPherson               72.94
Bowie-Young             73.00
Kim                     73.06
Hurst, V                73.09
Hurst, P                73.14
Ward                    73.19
Blumenherst             73.76 
Code:
Birdies per round

Prammanasudh             3.18
Gulbis                   3.08
MacKenzie                3.04
Kim                      3.03
Hurst, P                 2.90
McPherson                2.86
Hurst, V                 2.79
Ward                     2.65
Futcher                  2.61
Blumenherst              2.41
Bowie-Young              2.14 
These numbers point to three reasonable candidates: Stacy P, Nat, and Paige. I'll lean towards the most experienced--first pick Nat then Stacy P.
sag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:44 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
The US team is already much better looking that the Euro team so it doesn't need Nats who really as not as spectacular looking in person as so many of the guys on this site imagine and is not playing well enough to warrant a berth.
Really? I must have been looking at her younger, better-looking sister at the Open then. However, if we're going for "spectacular" looking, no....I don't think there's a player on the LPGA who's SPECTACULAR looking, but when Nat flashes that smile at people she can't be beat. Honorable mentions to Ai Miyazato and I.K. Kim who are the darned cutest on the tour. BTW, don't be slamming me because I didn't include players who are other people's favorites, this is a very exclusive poll that only includes me.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #10

[QUOTE=canadianglen;nothing worse than someone who has all the natural physical gifts and the personality of a scorpion missing two legs.[/QUOTE]

I can probably guess, but anyone in particular you're talking about?