Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Solheim Cup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #1

Solheim Cup - Day Two

Way to go Michelle and Christina!! Both played well...Michelle really struck some great shots...after a shaky start, this one wasn't even close!

Team KoreAm!

some more pics:

They held a golf event, and ComicCon broke out!

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #2

Smile

Looks like Paula needs a nap.....hope she wakes more for the PM start.....

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #3

oh how fast things can change...Pettersen gets on the board, with much help from Nordvist and her 20 foot putt to win it, as Suzann scores her win over Cristie Kerr...but the heartbreaker was Angela Stanford and Brittany Lang holding a lead for 8 holes on the back nine only to get halved on 18 by Catriona and Diana...big time 15 foot birdie on 18 by Diana...

...now Europe has the momentum...come on Team USA...sweep the alternate shot matches!!

Here come the Europeans!!

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 08-22-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
waldorf

Anna Nordqvist's 20 ft ?? putt on #18 was amazing especially with the pressure. And she seemed so unfazed about it afterwards like what was the problem? I thought we'd lost that point for sure because I was sure Nicole Castrale would make her birdie putt. In fact as for Nicole - apart from the shot of the day at #12 by Cristie - I thought it was Nicole who held that partnership together and played the best.

Michelle Wie and Christina Kim played amazing this morning and would have beaten anyone today but Europe still grabbed the other 3 points. And how well Diana Luna and Anna Nordqvist played well this morning.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #5

Tip of the hat to the Europeans- they have hung as tough as nails!

Shaping up as a great competition when I must admit I thought the U.S.A would win in a walk. Whoops!
ajraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #6

a few more of Team Europe from the morning:

The American Crowd Feels A Little Nervous

---Bruce Lee

Old 08-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #7

Team USA needs a jump start this afternoon...already down in three matches...Morgan and Kristy are dialed in, but the others need some help...I thought Beth should have kept Michelle and Christina together and put Cristie with Natalie...also, I wonder about Juli playing so much...Paula really saved Juli yesterday...no disrepect to a Hall of Famer, but she was a questionable captain's pick who wasn't playing well coming into the Solheim Cup. Already, there are some shaky shots from Inkster...not good in alternate shot...maybe Beth thought the USA squad was so strong and would be so far ahead that she could play Juli more than her play coming in warranted...Juli's a favorite of mine...but still...

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 08-22-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #8

Big putt by Kerr to square the match on #6!! The team of Kerr/Wie MUST win...go Team USA!!

---Bruce Lee

Old 08-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #9

Originally Posted by ajraymond View Post
Tip of the hat to the Europeans- they have hung as tough as nails!

Shaping up as a great competition when I must admit I thought the U.S.A would win in a walk. Whoops!
I thought the same thing. Match play always seems to hold some surprises, but it's much closer than I thought it would be.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #10

Congrats to Janice Moodie and Sophie Gustafson on their emphatic victory over Paula Creamer and Juli Inkster...that was an old fashion whoopin'! Who would have thought Europe would be leading the Solheim at any point on Saturday afternoon...

---Bruce Lee