Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Solheim Cup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #41

I'm not against the Solheim but I don't see what the big deal is. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if I wasn't chosen or didn't qualify. Davis Cup and Ryder Cup n the other hand,I love. I also like Fed Cup. President's Cup, meh.
fetucinialfokcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #42
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by fetucinialfokcu View Post
I'm not against the Solheim but I don't see what the big deal is. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if I wasn't chosen or didn't qualify. Davis Cup and Ryder Cup n the other hand,I love. I also like Fed Cup. President's Cup, meh.
If you caught the Opening Ceremonies on GC today you would get a better understanding. The reason why it is a big deal is that the Ceremonies had more excitement and attendance then your basic LPGA event. OK attendance might be a little bit of an exaggeration (though not by much) but that was a lot of people for a bunch of speeches and some pipers.

All that excitement and team play is why the players want to play in the event. You just don't get that in any other tournament. For the players there is nothing like that in women's golf. That is why they are disappointed if they do not make the team.

From start to finish there is tension on every shot. You just don't have that for the early rounds of your basic events, even majors. You can tell that the players really enjoy it and that helps feed the enjoyment of the crowds.

This year it can go either way and there will be a lot of unexpected results.
Not to over hype but this is truly the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #43

Well said, Xman.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #44

I don't get people saying the Solheim cup is bad because it doesn't include Asia. Neither does the Ryder cup. If you want a version of the President's cup sounds great, but that's not what this is.
sjhnatfan is offline   Reply With Quote