Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Solheim Cup

View Poll Results: Which '13 Solheim rookie will earn the most points?
Carlota Ciganda - EUR 3 23.08%
Jodi Ewart-Shadoff - EUR 0 0%
Charley Hull - EUR 0 0%
Jessica Korda - USA 4 30.77%
Caroline Masson - EUR 0 0%
Gerina Piller - USA 1 7.69%
Beatriz Recari - EUR 2 15.38%
Lizette Salas - USA 2 15.38%
Giulia Sergas - EUR 0 0%
Lexi Thompson - USA 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #11

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Why on earth would LPGA tour players adopt something from the phony as hell world of wrestling? Does anyone know who suggested to the American team that it would be cool to use that idiotic move during competition?
''Whatcha gonna do,brother,when the European Solheim team runs wild on you?''

Perhaps at the next one,they could do a 'choking dog' hand gesture...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 08-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #12

LOL - if DP is Captain it might be a required element for selection.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #13

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
It was reported that the US team would not confirm that it was based on the wrester's thing, and only would say that it was something Cristie Kerr started.

I still believe it was related to the nail polish dustup between teams during Monday's photo session.
I read this morning that the "finger thing" was an inside joke and it had to do with poking fun at the Euros Blue and Yellow nail polish. Had nothing to do w/ wrestler.

I can't figure out how to copy the article from Global Golf, but here's what it said....
Everyone wanted to know if this could be a version of John Cena's wresting party-piece, but no one was saying. "It's all very funny but I'm afraid it's an inside joke," said Kerr.
Alas, the American caddies had not been appropriately briefed. "What they're doing," said one worthy, "is poking fun at the Europeans who are always going on about each other's fancy blue and yellow nail polish."
Wow. Welcome to the 8th grade, USA team.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
I read this morning that the "finger thing" was an inside joke and it had to do with poking fun at the Euros Blue and Yellow nail polish. Had nothing to do w/ wrestler.

I can't figure out how to copy the article from Global Golf, but here's what it said....
Everyone wanted to know if this could be a version of John Cena's wresting party-piece, but no one was saying. "It's all very funny but I'm afraid it's an inside joke," said Kerr.
Alas, the American caddies had not been appropriately briefed. "What they're doing," said one worthy, "is poking fun at the Europeans who are always going on about each other's fancy blue and yellow nail polish."
Wow. Welcome to the 8th grade, USA team.
Except that Europeans were NOT going on and on about each other's fancy blue and yellow nail polish and most players were not wearing blue and yellow nail polish, or nail polish at all.

It sounds like the American caddie was trying to deflect blame for the idiocy back on to the Europeans.

The message of the hand gesture was obvious and it started on Monday during the team photo shoots, when the Pettersen posted a tweet about waiting for the Americas to get done taking pictures of their nail polish. The Americans actually did take a posed picture of their nails, using the same hand gesture they used throughout the tournament.

This:

Carrying the hand gesture into tournament play after winning a hole was a way of the Americans saying, "Take that. Our nail polish beat you."

Anyone who's been to junior high can recognize the mentality.

It would be more mature if it actually were based on a pro wrestler's actions. And this which pretty much sums up the 2013 United States Solheim Cup team.

Last edited by Blue; 08-19-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #15

the Pittsburgh Steelers players often use that hand waving in front of their faces thing after making a tackle. I have no clue as to why.