Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Solheim Cup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #111

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
How quickly can we get Ariya naturalized? She won't be 18 until Nov.
Originally Posted by LoJo
And let's not forget Lydia Ko!
Sorry Gxer and LoJo...those two will not qualify.

The proposed new rule says...
• A player who becomes a naturalized U.S. citizen before the age of 18.

Even though Ariya and Lydia are 16 or 17 years old now...to become a "naturalized U.S. citizen" they have to apply for a "green card" or residence visa first. And once your residence visa is approved or granted, there is a 5-year waiting period before you can apply for U.S. citizenship. So, therefore, by the time they become Naturalized U.S. Citizen, they'll be in their 20's. Even if they marry a U.S. Citizen, who'd petition for their green cards, there is still a two-year waiting period before they can apply for U.S. Citizenship.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:02 AM   #112

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Apples and Oranges!
Sorry, I forgot you're a 'girls make birdies the course is easy, guys do they are great players' kind of a person.

If Wie's putting stance isn't 'proper', Nicklaus's certainly wasn't either. Whatever you think about their stance, both have their eye right over the ball which is the reason for her doing it.

Define 'proper'.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #113

I think Meg will be smarter with the Captain's picks. I still can't believe the Ryan O'Toole pick. There were players who were over looked who had more Solheim cup matches won than O'Toole had LPGA events played. Jones skipped over cup vets like Gulbis and Ward to go with someone who was on a hot streak as a rookie and hasn't done anything sense.
sjhnatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #114
NTB

I am a big Stacy Lewis fan as of now I'm not sure she should play in the cup.
She has been so up and down lately I don't know whats going on.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #115

Originally Posted by sjhnatfan View Post
I think Meg will be smarter with the Captain's picks. I still can't believe the Ryan O'Toole pick. There were players who were over looked who had more Solheim cup matches won than O'Toole had LPGA events played. Jones skipped over cup vets like Gulbis and Ward to go with someone who was on a hot streak as a rookie and hasn't done anything sense.
Ryan O'Toole might be a rubbish golfer now,but there was nothing wrong with the pick in '11.

History has vindicated it.

She played in four matches and never lost one ; including winning two matches in one day.

What more did you expect her to do ?...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #116

It's that time of the week when I get all excited looking at the potential make-up of the European team.

I know,I'm sad,aren't I ?

This week's LET event was the UniCredit Ladies German Open,which was held,not surprisingly,in Germany.

Well,first off,through no fault of the organisers,it turned into a cluster***k of Bahamian proportions.It rained,then it rained some more,and then it rained even harder.

The upshot of all this rain and lack of golf was that two full rounds weren't possible and Carlota Ciganda beat Charley Hull in a play-off.

I'm assuming that neither Rolex points,nor Solheim points were handed out for this event.I say this because a) I'm not sure they played enough holes to make this an 'official' official event ; and b) last week Carlota Ciganda was 26th in the Rolex Rankings.This week she's 27th.

The other important news item from this 'probably not quite official' tournament was that young tyro,Charley Hull,finished second again.

Charley Hull has played in five professional events.

She's finished 2nd in every single one.

That's really impressive and I hope Lotte is taking notes.

So,in a nutshell,all our positions stay the same : Ciganda,Pettersen,Masson and Hedwall from the points list ; and Matthew.Muñoz,Icher and Nordqvist from the Rolex list.

With Recari and Hull being standouts for two of the four captain's picks...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #117

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
Sorry, I forgot you're a 'girls make birdies the course is easy, guys do they are great players' kind of a person.

If Wie's putting stance isn't 'proper', Nicklaus's certainly wasn't either. Whatever you think about their stance, both have their eye right over the ball which is the reason for her doing it.

Define 'proper'.
IMO, Wiesy putting method is not proper but it is legal and over time I suppose we will get used to the view. Your first comment is not only not true it is not close to being true.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #118

gxer, you still haven't explained 'proper'. Explain how is Wie's stance not 'proper'? If it's legal how can it be improper?
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #119

Hell, it's not proper to burp in company, but it's not illegal.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #120

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
gxer, you still haven't explained 'proper'. Explain how is Wie's stance not 'proper'? If it's legal how can it be improper?
I used the word proper for a reason. I also agree that her putting method is legal and that I will probably, in time, get used to the view.