LPGA Golf Forum

LPGA Golf Forum (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/)
-   Solheim Cup (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/f33/)
-   -   Inkster to Captain US Solheim in 2015 (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/f33/inkster-captain-us-solheim-2015-a-8516.html)

LoJo 03-17-2014 12:58 PM

Inkster to Captain US Solheim in 2015

No big surprise.

Juli Inkster, 2015 Solheim Cup captain: Juli Inkster to captain U.S. 2015 Solheim Cup team

Saint-Just X 03-17-2014 02:36 PM

I thought it would go to Dottie Pepper.

Unless,of course,she's indicated she doesn't want it,yet.

Juli's a bit of a feisty character,too ; let's just hope she's gracious in defeat...http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit...an-flag-36.gif

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X

LoJo 03-17-2014 03:25 PM

I, too, felt Pepper might have been the choice, but not surprised about Inkster. Not an Inkster fan, so....meh.

Dottie "Rambo" Pepper would probably be a better capt. on US soil, though I'm sure she'd relish stuffing it down the Euros throats on their home territory.

Also, the Euros are announcing their Captain in April. Gotta be Carin Koch, doesn't it? I believe Annika wants to captain when it's in the US, and when her kids are a bit older. With Koch taking it in 2015 in Germany, it would set up an Annika/Dottie match up in the US in 2017. Oh yeah!

golfnut 03-17-2014 11:46 PM

I like Inkster, should be a good choice. She's fiery, feisty and gritty. Everything that our side lacked last year. With the European side getting better with each competition it's going to be a dog fight in Germany, as it should be.

sag 03-18-2014 12:29 AM

So, who's right? Inkster, who preaches loosening up
Inkster, who wasnt at Colorado Golf Club last summer, said it looked to her like the American team played too tight.

"Its not rocket science," Inkster said. "You just go over there and play some golf, and I think . . . believe me if they just play the way they should play, were going to have fun, and were going to win."
or Pepper, who wants more seriousness?
It wasn't about participation medals, face paint, hair ribbons, spousal gown allowances, decorated hotel rooms, custom rain suits and "inside the ropes" badges; it was about pouring your heart and soul into something you got no material benefit from. It was about beating the tar out of each other and being so exhausted you could barely get out of bed the next morning. It was about winning big and losing hard.

golfnut 03-18-2014 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sag (Post 145447)
So, who's right? Inkster, who preaches loosening up
Inkster, who wasnt at Colorado Golf Club last summer, said it looked to her like the American team played too tight.

"Its not rocket science," Inkster said. "You just go over there and play some golf, and I think . . . believe me if they just play the way they should play, were going to have fun, and were going to win."
or Pepper, who wants more seriousness?
It wasn't about participation medals, face paint, hair ribbons, spousal gown allowances, decorated hotel rooms, custom rain suits and "inside the ropes" badges; it was about pouring your heart and soul into something you got no material benefit from. It was about beating the tar out of each other and being so exhausted you could barely get out of bed the next morning. It was about winning big and losing hard.

A bit of both in my opinion. Taking things too seriously can be detrimental but so can not taking it serious enough either. Neither extreme is good.

Blue 03-18-2014 06:36 PM

I'd be surprised if Dottie turned it down. She lives for the Solheim Cup. More likely she was sent down with the sinking 2013 ship.

Inkster's mostly an unknown. She was an asst captain in 2011 but also playing. Most reports were that she didn't do much captaining, focusing on playing instead. How will she do as a full-time captain?

There are not a lot of other candidates among the pool of US retired (more or less) players with Solheim playing experience who have already been captain.