Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Solheim Cup

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #41
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Sarah Lee is the golfer ... Sara Lee is the cake

A back in the 90s, there was an LPGA Tournament called the Sara Lee Classic, sponsored by the cake company.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:43 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,118
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Seems like a moot point, since she's not an LET member and nowhere near good enough to be on the Solheim Cup team even if she were.

There are lots of players who were born in countries different from the countries of their current nationality.

There are no, or almost no players, where this distinction made the difference in them being on a Solheim team or not. I can't think of any, actually.
Good on you for waiting 4 months to respond and then missing the point by not going back and reading the thread. We'd been talking about Alison Walshe, who played Curtis Cup on the US team, but has joined the LET tour to make herself available for the Europeans in the Solheim. Plus a few other players who may have been born elsewhere but played on the Curtis Cup team of the country where they are now resident.

Whether or not any of these players has made the Solheim team is not the point, it's the possibility they could make the team. I don't recall ever saying Lee would make the team. Sheesh.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #43
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
Good on you for waiting 4 months to respond and then missing the point by not going back and reading the thread. We'd been talking about Alison Walshe, who played Curtis Cup on the US team, but has joined the LET tour to make herself available for the Europeans in the Solheim. Plus a few other players who may have been born elsewhere but played on the Curtis Cup team of the country where they are now resident.

Whether or not any of these players has made the Solheim team is not the point, it's the possibility they could make the team. I don't recall ever saying Lee would make the team. Sheesh.
I read the thread when it started four months ago (just because I didn't replay then doesn't mean I didn't read it then) and knew exactly what you were talking about.

You said it was interesting that Sarah Lee was born in England. Actually, it isn't.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:21 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,118
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I read the thread when it started four months ago (just because I didn't replay then doesn't mean I didn't read it then) and knew exactly what you were talking about.

You said it was interesting that Sarah Lee was born in England. Actually, it isn't.
But apparently interesting enough for you to respond to, albeit somewhat late. Blue, you crack me up!
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
dangerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,528
Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
But apparently interesting enough for you to respond to, albeit somewhat late. Blue, you crack me up!
Heddwyn cracking up!

__________________
"On this hapless EARTH
There's small SINCERITY of mirth
And LAUGHTER oft is but an ART
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"


Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,118
Good one, DB!
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2 PL2

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!