Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Solheim Cup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
Forum Moderator

2017 Solheim Cup - Des Moines

The 2017 Solheim Cup has been announced for the Des Moines Golf and Country Club.

2017 Solheim Cup Returns to the Midwest | Professional Golfers | Tour Schedule, Leaderboard & News | LPGA

DuPont is also being added a third sponsor, in addition to Rolex and PING.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #2

Well, crap. I was hoping for The Concession Club in Bradenton, FL as they were in among the three finalists.

But, August/Sept is not the best time to have a big golf event in Florida due to Hurricane season peak and also very hot and humid weather that would be terrible. And, yes...I know it was hot in Parker, CO in August, but that's nothing compared to the sweltering heat of the former jungle known now as Florida. My hope was they'd pick Bradenton and bump the event into October. Oh well.

I bet the fans would've enjoyed the Florida Gulf Coast more than slogging around corn fields and cow pastures in Iowa.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Contest Statistician

I can't think that far in the future.

I was thinking about going to the New International Crown next year,but a long way to go in planning that.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
Well, crap. I was hoping for The Concession Club in Bradenton, FL as they were in among the three finalists.

But, August/Sept is not the best time to have a big golf event in Florida due to Hurricane season peak and also very hot and humid weather that would be terrible. And, yes...I know it was hot in Parker, CO in August, but that's nothing compared to the sweltering heat of the former jungle known now as Florida. My hope was they'd pick Bradenton and bump the event into October. Oh well.

I bet the fans would've enjoyed the Florida Gulf Coast more than slogging around corn fields and cow pastures in Iowa.
Are you going to the CME Title holders in Naples FL. I should be there for the final round.

New course this year. Hope it is easier to walk, though it is a resort course which is not usually a walkers friend.

Anyone else going? I'll be on the other coast for Thanksgiving but will make the journey for the final round.

Last edited by xman5; 09-23-2013 at 04:07 PM.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #5

My concern with smaller cities like Des Moines is the abilty to handle traffic for large events. I mean it's not the Olympics but still....
fetucinialfokcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #6

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
Are you going to the CME Title holders in Naples FL. I should be there for the final round.

New course this year. Hope it is easier to walk, though it is a resort course which is not usually a walkers friend.

Anyone else going? I'll be on the other coast for Thanksgiving but will make the journey for the final round.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to the Naples CME, xman. Wish I could. It was much easier for me to go when it was at Grand Cypress.

Hope you have a great time and sorry I'll miss meeting up w/you.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #7

Mike Whan comments on the Iowa Solheim announcement....
''I don't really care what players are playing on the team. I don't care what media shows up,'' Whan said. ''Just do us one favor. Do these players one favor. Throw away the 'Quiet Please' signs. Paint your face. Get crazy.''
Okey dokey...that didn't really work this last time, but...hey...there's four years to perfect the face painting.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #8
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
Mike Whan comments on the Iowa Solheim announcement....
''I don't really care what players are playing on the team. I don't care what media shows up,'' Whan said. ''Just do us one favor. Do these players one favor. Throw away the 'Quiet Please' signs. Paint your face. Get crazy.''
Okey dokey...that didn't really work this last time, but...hey...there's four years to perfect the face painting.
I thought this was a joke when you posted it.

Sure, Mike, who cares what players show up and whether or not the top media covers it. Just get a bunch of fans screaming and painting their faces. Then when your USA Team with bad players loses again to Europe in matches that aren't covered in the media, you can proclaim that at least the US fans yelled loudly and painted themselves red, white, and blue.

Has he lost his mind?
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I thought this was a joke when you posted it.

Sure, Mike, who cares what players show up and whether or not the top media covers it. Just get a bunch of fans screaming and painting their faces. Then when your USA Team with bad players loses again to Europe in matches that aren't covered in the media, you can proclaim that at least the US fans yelled loudly and painted themselves red, white, and blue.

Has he lost his mind?
I thought Gxer would be all over Smiley on this one...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 09-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
I thought Gxer would be all over Smiley on this one...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X

He's too busy nervously counting down the seconds until Ko turns pro and worrying about whether Ariya is healthy enough to play in Qualifying. If they don't his prediction for RoY next year is down the toilet.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote