Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Solheim Cup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #11

Your 2017 Solheim Cup : Come for the face painting,stay for the golf.

It's quite catchy...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 09-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #12

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
He's too busy nervously counting down the seconds until Ko turns pro and worrying about whether Ariya is healthy enough to play in Qualifying. If they don't his prediction for RoY next year is down the toilet.
No...he is busy playing with his blown-up dolls.

That looks like Lydia Ko, Lexi and Ariya.

Gxer with one his precious blown-up dolls.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #13
Donating Member

I am pretty happy. Close enough to attend. LPGA events don't come that often in the upper midwest.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #14

Is anyone other than Wie already on the team?
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #15

Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Magnificently played,Charlie...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #16

Our problem is that we don't seem to have many high quality young American players in the golfing pipeline. Lexi and Jessica are doing OK for their age, not setting the world on fire, but they are strong players who hopefully will improve, however we need more of them, where are they? Do we need to do as the Koreans do, find out if a kid has talent for golf at 5 years old and then force them to play golf until they like it or else?
Old 09-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #17

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Our problem is that we don't seem to have many high quality young American players in the golfing pipeline. Lexi and Jessica are doing OK for their age, not setting the world on fire, but they are strong players who hopefully will improve, however we need more of them, where are they? Do we need to do as the Koreans do, find out if a kid has talent for golf at 5 years old and then force them to play golf until they like it or else?
It's just my opinion and my feeling, but I'm someone who doesn't mind losing if the other guy is better. I don't like losing, but think of myself as someone who's ok with the fact that others are better. If we can't field a team as strong as others, then more credit to the "others". I don't see the Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup or the Solheim Cup as life or death, MUST win competitions. What bothers me is not fielding teams that have those who earned places on the teams sitting on the sidelines while people who haven't earned the places are out there in the competition.

To answer your last question, I am aghast at the thought of programming a talented kid and "forcing" him or her into becoming anything that kid doesn't want for himself. Yes, it can rarely work out well for the kid, and that's great for that individual. But, there are so many who have "stage" parents who drive their kids only to the detriment of the kid. For every Carl Yasztremski who succeeds, there are countless others who don't.

I'm an old-fashioned "play your best and be happy with it, win or lose with sportsmanship" person. Winning is not the only thing. Unfortunately, too many of us are into winning at all costs. Play as hard as you can to win, within the rules of the game and the rules of sportsmanship, and if you don't win on the field, you've won in life. I know that sounds archaic and naive to some, but it's what I believe.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #18

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post

Magnificently played,Charlie...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Thank you, my friend. But, I fear it's already been decided.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #19

I'm an old-fashioned "play your best and be happy with it, win or lose with sportsmanship" person. Winning is not the only thing. Unfortunately, too many of us are into winning at all costs. Play as hard as you can to win, within the rules of the game and the rules of sportsmanship, and if you don't win on the field, you've won in life. I know that sounds archaic and naive to some, but it's what I believe.
Sorry Charlie,

But as long as the competition is within the rules, in sports, winning is everything and easy to see, a score of some sort. In fact, that's why the sport exists, to determine the winner.
If winning isn't important, why doesn't the LPGA tour simply pay equal prize money to everyone who makes the cut instead of a 15% chunk for the winner and lesser % amounts on down the leaderboard?
The winner and the losers all hug and say nice things to each other but the winner smiles one hell of lot longer and her trip to the "virtual" bank is far more pleasant.
Life on the other hand, can be and is, at times, extremely frustrating for everyone trying to figure out wins and losses.