Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Solheim Cup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #11
Contest Statistician

I don't see Michele Wie playing. Not sure what that means to the automatic selections. She needs to take herself out of the running now. In fact she should shut it down for the rest of the year, but that is a different story.

One of my picks has to be Lang. She has been playing steady all year. Not leader board great but nice and steady golf. I don't leave her out just for "youth".

My other pick is Piller. Good professional experience. I like her personality too. Strong person.

Lee may have some college team experience, but this is on another level. I don't think see is ready yet. If Wie does not go see is a maybe. Toss up between her and Ernst.

I also do not want to see Creamer play. So needs to bow out on the injury route.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #12
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
I don't see Michele Wie playing. Not sure what that means to the automatic selections. She needs to take herself out of the running now. In fact she should shut it down for the rest of the year, but that is a different story.

One of my picks has to be Lang. She has been playing steady all year. Not leader board great but nice and steady golf. I don't leave her out just for "youth".

My other pick is Piller. Good professional experience. I like her personality too. Strong person.

Lee may have some college team experience, but this is on another level. I don't think see is ready yet. If Wie does not go see is a maybe. Toss up between her and Ernst.

I also do not want to see Creamer play. So needs to bow out on the injury route.
I think Piller is a mathematical lock based on Solheim points standings.

What is Paula Creamer's injury? I haven't heard anything about an injury.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #13
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I think Piller is a mathematical lock based on Solheim points standings.

What is Paula Creamer's injury? I haven't heard anything about an injury.
I must have missed Piller as a standings lock.

Creamer I believe was mainly wrist and possible foot injury. But I think I may be confusing her with Thompson. Pressel has also battled a wrist injury this year. I am going by what I have heard on TV.

In any event she is playing like crap for a while.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #14

Piller is not quite a lock. With a 3rd place finish in one of the remaining tournaments, Salas could knock Piller into 9th place in the Solheim standings. That would open up the Rolex spots for Creamer and Korda. Piller would then need to be picked by Inkster.
dave43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:52 AM   #15
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by dave43 View Post
Piller is not quite a lock. With a 3rd place finish in one of the remaining tournaments, Salas could knock Piller into 9th place in the Solheim standings. That would open up the Rolex spots for Creamer and Korda. Piller would then need to be picked by Inkster.
You're right. I forgot about double points this year.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #16
Forum Moderator

I must have missed Piller as a standings lock.

Creamer I believe was mainly wrist and possible foot injury. But I think I may be confusing her with Thompson. Pressel has also battled a wrist injury this year. I am going by what I have heard on TV.

In any event she is playing like crap for a while.
I haven't heard anything about an injury from Creamer. A lot of players are dinged up by this time in the season and just keep quiet about it and push on. I don't see Creamer, Pressel or Thompson (or Korda) pulling out of Solheim Cup contention because of this despite the fact that some are playing like crap.

Last edited by Blue; 08-04-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:47 AM   #17

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I haven't heard anything about an injury from Creamer. A lot of players are dinged up by this time in the season and just keep quiet about it and push on. I don't see Creamer, Pressel or Thompson (or Korda) pulling out of Solheim Cup contention because of this despite the fact that some are playing like crap.
That's because you concentrate too much on Michelle Wie.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:19 PM   #18

But who will organise the face-painting and ribbons?

Wherever she end up on the Rolex rankings,I think she's a lock due to her perceived Poulter-like grittiness.

I don't think Alison Lee's youth and inexperience should count against her ;her and Lang would be my captain's picks...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 08-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #19

I'm not going to etch this in stone, but I'm pretty sure Creamer has been nursing an injured thumb/wrist. Can't remember if I read that or heard it on TGC.
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:50 PM   #20

Who will make up the European team? Blue posted the following: from Solheim points - Pettersen, Nocera, Hull, and Nordqvist; from Rolex ranking - Munoz, Gal, Matthew, and Ciganda.

Koch has 4 captain's picks. Who will she choose? Among the choices are Melissa Reid, Holly Clyburn, Dame Laura Davies, Valentine Derrey, Karine Icher, and Caroline Masson. The hero of the 2013 Cup, Caroline Hedwall, is way down the list.

I would think that Reid will make the list. Since the tournament is being held in Germany, will Koch pick another German, Masson, to join Sandra Gal as "hometown golfers"?
dave43 is offline   Reply With Quote