Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Solheim Cup

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #121
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
I'll say Lexi.
Me too. I'll think of something later to bet on.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #122
Contest Statistician

Not tape delayed! Fooled me by the 5-9 scheduled time. Basically I missed the front side play.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #123

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Classic.

It's also just a matter of time before an on-course celebration knocks someone out of the tournament. Someone accidentally gets choked by a hair ribbon, tears a labrum doing a hip bump, or faints from too many nail polish fumes.

Classy.
thecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #124

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
I have commented to some friends about the ceremony "uniforms." Agree with you Blue....poor choice to have sleeveless short dresses on women who have plump batwing upper arms and Farmer's tans on the arms and legs. Euro was much classier.

Indeed.

Another advantage of involving the world's best golfers (Korea, Japan) would be less batwings, less moley, hairy, pasty white skin, more class, and most of all -- more attractive outfits!

Last edited by thecrow; 08-16-2013 at 04:26 PM.
thecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #125

I check in once in awhile to see what's going on and it seems to me that the girls are really playing slow for a four ball match.
Are they playing slow?
Old 08-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #126

Originally Posted by thecrow View Post
Indeed.

Another advantage of involving the world's best golfers (Korea, Japan) would be less batwings, less moley, hairy, pasty white skin, more class, and most of all -- more attractive outfits!

If So Yeon, Ha-Neul, IK, and Hee Kyeong Seo pick them maybe. If it's Inbee and Jiyai, it'll be cameltoe central.
fetucinialfokcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #127
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by thecrow View Post
Indeed.

Wallow in your self pity while we enjoy our selves.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #128
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
I check in once in awhile to see what's going on and it seems to me that the girls are really playing slow for a four ball match.
Are they playing slow?
30 min ruling. I missed most of that while I stepped out for 20 mins, so not sure why it took so long.

Big day from Pettersen and bad day by Lewis. At least Lewis finally showed some spirit arguing with the officials after the round even though she was wrong.

Biggest surprise I think was Lang. She had a good day. We were all wrong about Wie. Good day for Wie.

Best day with no points goes to Matthew.

I think you need to keep Pressel/Korda together in the morning and keep the Swedes together again.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #129
Forum Moderator

There is no way a ruling should take 30 minutes. Are the Solheim officials a mixture of LPGA and LET? Either way, they lost control of the situation.

Not convinced yet about Wie. It was fourball with Cristie Kerr ... not exactly foursomes with Angela Stanford .... I'm not unconvinced. The jury is still out.

Impressed with Hedwall, Pettersen (no surprise), Lang. ... Love the way Hedwall hits the ball.

Biggest surprises: Creamer losing, Shaky rookies (Ewart-shadoff, Ciganda ...). Shakier than they should have been. I don't think we'll see Ciganda play tomorrow at all.

If anyone has a doubt why Stacy Lewis is not good at the Solheim Cup, just watch her argue ad nauseum with the official after the match. The match is over. Why didn't she address the concern at the time the ruling was made? This shows her personality. As I said earlier, she's not a sharer and she does not seem to be someone that easily moves on from a bad situation. Both of these traits are not suitable for the Solheim Cup format.

Last edited by Blue; 08-16-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #130

I was so excited with the foursomes,I almost ran out of tissues.

Then,for much of the afternoon (or,evening,over here) it looked like the Yanks were going to do to us what we did to them in the previous session.It was a real bonus that we managed to share the spoils in the fourballs.

We even got the controversial decision going in our favour.

If I was Liselotte,I might leave Jodi Ewart and Carlota Ciganda on the sidelines tomorrow.We've got to try and press home our advantage before the singles on Sunday.That means Tutta,Hedwall,Masson,Icher,Recari and Aza should play in both sessions.

Meg Mallon's afternoon pairings surprised me ;although,in fairness,it came very close to being an excellent session for her.I support her decision to get everyone involved on the first day,but I'm shocked that all three of Creamer,Pressel and Korda were reduced to cheerleading duties.

Excellent day's entertainment.

But why aren't there any Asians in this tournament ?...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X