Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Jennifer Rosales

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #1

J-Ro Looking to 2010

...with a reduced LPGA schedule and possibly a reduced chance at participation, J-Ro will need to take full advantage of each opportunity she has to play...like Christina Kim, J-Ro is a free spirit and a player who brings a different kind of energy to the LPGA lineup...here's hoping she performs well in 2010...

link: http://www.gmanews.tv/story/180606/j...ionship-groove

J-Ro aims to get back her championship groove

Adrian Flores, GMANews.TV
01/01/2010 | 07:33 PM

Jennifer Rosales would only turn 32 in 2010 which means she’s still not at the peak of her career. There are so many rooms for improvement and that includes a winning season in the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) next year.

The LPGA Tour fills out their fields for events based on a standard set of criteria. The better you are over the course of the current or past season or over the life of your career, the better status you have to get into LPGA Tour events.

Therefore, winners of major championships, all-time money list leaders, and the likes have better priority list status than your run-of-the-mill player.

Rosales, heads to the LPGA with a Priority List Category 11 which means that the LPGA will offer spots to the players in categories 1-10 before getting to the players in category 11. If the tournament fills out its allotted number of spaces and sponsors’ exemptions, then Category 11 gets no action.

Category 11, like several other categories, combines a mix of two groups of players – the top 20 finishers at Q-School and players 81-100 in last season's money list. Their priority order within this group is done in alternating order based on their finish in either of those criteria.

The former five-time champion of the Philippine Ladies Open earned her current status as she finished 91st in the LPGA 2008 Order of Merit with a total prize of $92,832.00.

No matter, says coach Bong Lopez, whether Rosales is on Category 11 because he firmly believes that next year will be a breakout year for his ward.

"Her swing has no problem. All she needs is a little bit of a good week to win an event," Lopez said of Rosales, winner of two LPGA events namely, the Chick Fil-A Charity Championship and SBS Open.

She also won the Women’s World Cup of Golf with Dorothy Delasin in 2008.

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #2

It's a shame that Jennifer Rosales' career has been blighted by injury.

It would be great if she could get it back on track ;but,at 32,and with a limited schedule,it seems a big ask.

I still look out for her on the leaderboards.I remember when she had the US Women's Open in the bag,then that horrible final round choke that dropped her out of it.

Here's hoping she gets another shot at glory.

Style icon nonpareil,too...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 02-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #3

...what I found interesting about this was not so much that J-Ro doesn't see any young Filipina golfers who can handle the LPGA right now, but just the overall realization of how the competition on the LPGA, in her words, will eat you alive...how it is as much strong mental toughness as golf ability that will lead to success and how amateur success is not necessarily an immediate precursor to professional success...

original link: RP golfers not ready for LPGA ? Rosales | Manila Bulletin

---Bruce Lee

Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #4

Translations:

"Wala pa talaga akong nakikita dito sa ngayon, wala pa,” the 31-year-old Rosales said. She said the skills may be there for a few players, but none possesses the mental toughness needed for the rigors of the LPGA Tour.

"I have not seen anyone(prospect) yet at this time, not yet"

"The talent is always there. Marami tayo niyan. But it’s all about how mentally strong you are. Kasi yung talent, you can work hard on it. But if you’re not prepared, they (competition) will eat you alive,” Rosales said.

We have plenty of that (talents)

Because talents, you can work hard on it.

“Last season wasn’t that good. I tried to limit my schedule the past couple of years because of my injury. Thankfully, my wrist has gotten better and better. Pain-free na ngayon unlike last year, medyo nati-trigger yung pain when it got cold,” Rosales said.

It's pain free now unlike last year, but it still triggers when it gets cold."

To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #5

Thanks for the translations...I once had a Filipina boss named Mylene (pronounced "Muh-lin") and it was cool listening to her speak to her relatives over the phone just bouncing mid sentence back and forth between Tagalog and English...

---Bruce Lee

Old 02-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #6

Good to hear Jro talk of the new level of golf of the LPGA, and the reality it now is to those who would wish to stand in those fairways.

Good also we have such great posters on this site like you two, BKB & DB. Thank you for revealing to the rest of us, views we would not other wise have known about. The LPGA is world wide now, and that includes much more then just English. Again thanks. :-)
Old 02-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #7

You are welcome, Eh!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote