Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Laura Davies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #21

Originally Posted by wiefan
another one of my opinions is that maybe this thread should be moved to the Solheim Threads...ahhh I am full of opinions huh
Originally Posted by Elf View Post
wiefan, I agree with you. The current Forum is full of Solheim
Cups topics. We are very excited about the big event, but with so many moderators now days, why can not one of them concentrate all in 3 threads? The Cup itself, xman member contest, and your typical Blue poll?

Lexi Thompson threads could also be put into one or two. She is the talk of ladies Golf and could turn around the LPGA to a fantastic popular program none of us ever dreamed. I am still excited about her amazing performance and the potential effect on LPGA future popularity.

Blue used to organize the threads, but....
Just leave the posts and thread where they are!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #22

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Hi ya Putter...Way to go Putter!!!!....yikes!! you are Correct...my bad....the good thing is that NOW everyone knows that I have my own Personal Post Information Checker....considering that I do sometimes "RAMBLE on Fast forward"...this is a good thing to have...in fact, every poster on this site Needs a sort of "Guardian of correctness"....hmmm...considering what has happened on this site the last few days, it seems like there are a TON of "Poster Guardians"....just kidding folks

anyway...I will bet that all of you are Jealous that I have Hired Putter to check in on my stuff...too bad for you...snooze you lose...now some of you will just have to "Bite the Bullet" on whoever is your "Posting Guardian"....Putter is rather Tame...all she does is the "tsk tsk tsk" stuff...now some of you just might get a Guardian that "RIPS OUT YOUR Throat" when correcting your postings....hmmmm....

anyway...have a great day...see ya!!
Wiefan, I'm not going to rip out your throat, I'm just trying to look after you - I think you'll be fine shortly. I will be your own "Posting Guardian" - kinda like a caddy, but I'm not going to baby you! If you're wrong I'll let you know.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #23

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
Wiefan, I'm not going to rip out your throat, I'm just trying to look after you - I think you'll be fine shortly. I will be your own "Posting Guardian" - kinda like a caddy, but I'm not going to baby you! If you're wrong I'll let you know.
Yeah...while you're at it, tell Wiefan to limit his posts to 500 words or less!

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #24

Originally Posted by Elf View Post
wiefan, I agree with you. The current Forum is full of Solheim
Cups topics. We are very excited about the big event, but with so many moderators now days, why can not one of them concentrate all in 3 threads? The Cup itself, xman member contest, and your typical Blue poll?

Lexi Thompson threads could also be put into one or two. She is the talk of ladies Golf and could turn around the LPGA to a fantastic popular program none of us ever dreamed. I am still excited about her amazing performance and the potential effect on LPGA future popularity.

Blue used to organize the threads, but....
How confusing would general Solheim discussion, the contest AND a poll be in one thread?

Lexi won't be the talk of ladies golf shortly - oh yes, she won a tournament, youngest blah blah blah, but let's not turn this whole site into the Lexi Thompson fan club because she won one tournament. She alone is not going to turn the LPGA into a "fantastic popular progrm none of us ever dreamed" - yikes!

Why all this melding similar threads into one? They may have something in common, but the discussion would be about different subjects within that "something" - not sure why you have a problem with it.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #25

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Yeah...while you're at it, tell Wiefan to limit his posts to 500 words or less!
DB...I can't perform miracles!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #26

How confusing would general Solheim discussion, the contest AND a poll be in one thread?

Lexi won't be the talk of ladies golf shortly - oh yes, she won a tournament, youngest blah blah blah, but let's not turn this whole site into the Lexi Thompson fan club because she won one tournament. She alone is not going to turn the LPGA into a "fantastic popular progrm none of us ever dreamed" - yikes!

Why all this melding similar threads into one? They may have something in common, but the discussion would be about different subjects within that "something" - not sure why you have a problem with it.
Amen! Good post, Putter.

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #27

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Amen! Good post, Putter.
Well really. And thank you DB. I started this "Solheim" topic because I was asking you all about one aspect of it. If someone posts their pick for who will win between Europe and the USA after this post, I'm not sure I'll understand what that has to do with the Laura/Juli topic. Is it THAT hard to keep up with topics within topics?
Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #28

Hi ya Putter...way to go...I knew I could depend on you...Lojo used to be my "Posting Guardian"...but she got so so frustrated, she actually QUIT on her first day on the job....first time I have ever seen Lojo QUIT on anything or anyone

ok Putter...read the red Part of your post....being a good "Caddy Mother Like figure" will you praise me if I am CORRECT...hmmm...if so...let me START NOW....I believe that Wiesy is the BEST Player that any discussion Board site has ever seen...tons of action, once her name is dropped into the conversation....hmmm....if you say something POSITIVE, I will try to sneak a WieNation Membership form....the membership form comes with a supermarket discount on BudWIEser....the official Beer with Wiesy's Name IMPLANTED on every bottle and can...whew...pretty clever huh...

anyway...see ya Putter....have a great day in Canada...either in 2012 or 2013, my spouse and I are going to take a trip to parts of Canada...we are looking at Brochures of the Niagra Falls, Washington DC area and then take a cruise to Canada...hmmm...I wonder if there are Fans of Wiesy golf in Canada....just kidding folks...of course there are....these fans are just on the "Silent Majority" section of the population....hmmm...see ya...go Wiesy go!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #29

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Hi ya Blue....good to see you back into action....anyway...here is what I think...Laura and Juli would be Thrilled to be paired in Match #11....this is the pairing that could actually DECIDE the Cup...both ladies are super Competitive and I am sure that they would relish the thought that their Match was the decider...they both THRIVE on being in Pressure situations...and considering their LONG experiences, they are Both equipt to handle themselves and their Nerves

matches # 1-5 usually set the tone of what is needed by each team as far as Point totals....matches 6-9 will tip the balance either way or pretty much add to the importance of Matches 10-12.......this is just my opinion

another one of my opinions is that maybe this thread should be moved to the Solheim Threads...ahhh I am full of opinions huh

anyway...here is what I think about singles Line-up....you want "STRONG Minded" Players in your bottom last slots....players that can handle themselves and Pressure...this is why Natalie was "I think" the "last bottom slot player" in her past Solheim...Natalie does NOT get flustered with a Miss or made shot...she just smiles and moves forward....

now someone like Brittany Linsicome would be terrible at the Last bottom slot player...Heck!! Brittany even acknowledges her Nervousness and antsyness on important shots...I mean credit to her that she DOES pull off the great shot when needed, but she will tell you that she was NERVOUS as heck and probably shaking....just my opinion folks

my TWO other great prospects for "Late Bottom Slot" players are Stanford and Wiesy...yep!! I did say Wiesy....Stanford because she is steady and LONG enough....if you need pars to win this thing, then Stanford is Perfect...I say wiesy because of her Length and Focus....Wiesy has all kinds of potential to make Birdies from all over....she is an AGGRESSIVE player to start with, but she can play conservatively if need be...or she can take chances that a lot of players cannot because of her length...also, Wiesy is very serious looking when she is playing...complete Focus on her next shot and Pressure does not bother her...as we all know, the kid has been living with PRESSURE all of her golf life...different kinds of Pressure maybe, but Pressure nonetheless

I think Creamer, Morgan, Stacy, Linscicome and Cristie, are GREAT First Leadoffs and Middles....they can set the stage so that the middle will know what is needed

for the middle of the line up I would put, Kim, Vicky, Ryan and Lang...this is especially good for Vicky and Ryan....the earlier matches will not have other teammates walking holes to cheer you on and building confidence and camraderie as players will be playing also...but as the early matches finish, then comes the Players to boost their teammates...this will be great for Ryan and Vicky

actually as I think about it...Cristie would also be great in the Last Matches...her putter can be a killer...and she can stand pressure and is totally focused on the course

I know that posters will think it strange that I put Wiesy into the last match category...but I KNOW SHE CAN HANDLE the pressure should it come...let's talk about Match Play and Wiesy....folks only seem to like to talk about Yani Beating her in the public Links...but you have to understand that Wiesy had to win a lot of the matches just to get to the final, and she also won a lot of her matches in the previous Year when she won it...she also "Pushed the envelope" in Match play against the Men in trying to qualify for the Masters...she also won a lot of matches against the Hawaii Men in the Manoa Cup for many years....she also had to win a lot of Matches in the LPGA Match play events...Wiesy didn't win the event, but she did win a lot of matches to get to where she finished....this tells me that Match Play is PERFECT for Wiesy...a bigger reason that Match play is perfect for Wiesy is that a BIG number on one hole is ONLY a loss of that one hole...Wiesy is a Birdie Potential on ever single hole, because of her Length and variety of shots in her bag....this is why she did so well last year and one of the reasons of her being selected on Last years team...the Kid can make Birdies from all over the place....again...just my opinion as a PROUD member of WieNation...hmmm

everyone is saying that Suzanne is the Best player on the European team...I will bet that if Suzanne had to pick an opponent...she would NOT like to play Wiesy...this is just my opinion...and as everyone knows, I am very Biased when it comes to Wie Golf.
You see your world through "Wie colored glasses" Wiefan.
First off think about it. Wie in the anchor match? Let's see the Solheim cup comes down to Wie making a five foot putt for the win or continuing the match?
And slagging Brittany Lincicome one of the best if not THE best matchplay players on the LPGA Tour?
Suzann Petersen wouldn't want to play Wiesy?

I knew there was something I missed about this site! Thanks for the laughs
ajraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #30

Hi ya folks....lemme address a couple of Previous Posts...in actuality, my posts are rather short and CONCISE and straight to the Point so to speak...I am under the 500 words or less category the MAJORITY of the time...the ONLY time I go over the limit is when I "Insert Quotes from a previous Post"....these Quotes ADD to the total...hmmmm...I think even Dangerbob will agree to this statement..an example, is when I "suggest" (like I am doing now ) of a Pix of Joey Heatherton to pep up the spirits of WieNation after Wiesy has a bad round of golf or miss the cut

anyway...moving forward to what Putter said...here is her quote "but let's not turn this whole site into the Lexi Thompson fan club because she won one tournament."

you tell em Putter...that distinction belongs to ONLY Wiesy...only the kid can cause an Admin to move all of her postings and Make a Seperate site....when the Admin of this site decides to make a "LexiTalk" discussion site, like Matthias made the now defunct "WieTalk" site...then we can talk about Discussion Board Monopoly....when Lexi, DQ's herself by taking an improper Drop ( and being Reported THE DAY AFTER and having an stupid Rules official USE A STRING AS MEASURMENT that the players cannot use) or forgetting to sign her ScoreCard, or stepping into the Putting Line BEHIND the Hole or having "Life threatening Injuries to her SWOLLEN EXCRUCIATING PAINFUL TENDER WRISTS"....then perhaps we can have someone here to overtake the Wiesy One as "Discussion Board Queen"....when the Lexi Player folder overtakes the number that is in Wiesy's player folder...then we are talking

hmmm folks...it seems like I am just rambling on and on...I completely forgot what point I was trying to get across

this concludes my typing exercise for the day....see ya...have a great evening everyone...see ya!!...I am gonna play Keno online....Aloha!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote