Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Laura Davies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #11

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
One positive thing I've learned from being old, DB. Wrinkles don't hurt.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #12

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
You got that right...you young whippersnapper.

Viva Annika
Hey your honor...

Did you know that SENIOR CITIZENS are the leading carriers of AIDS?

HEARING AIDS

BAND AIDS

ROLL AIDS

WALKING AIDS

MEDICAL AIDS

GOVERNMENT AIDS

AND MOST OF ALL,

MONETARY AIDS TO THEIR KIDS!

To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #13

I'm absolutely certain of that last one, DB.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #14

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Hi ya folks...ya gotta love Laura Davis.......I think Rosie and Alfie should "CONCEDE" to this request
Tsk Tsk Wiefan. It's DAVIES.... and "Alfie" won't be setting the schedule, ALLIE will!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #15

Me too, too, two......whatever......

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #16
Forum Moderator

Hi ya folks...ya gotta love Laura Davis....I can dig this...heavens knows if any two players deserve this "special treatment" it is Laura and Juli...THEY HAVE PAID THEIR DUES as terriffic representatives of Ladies Golf...and they both don't have toooo many Solheim chances because of their longevity...I think Rosie and Alfie should "CONCEDE" to this request....Good for the game of golf and also to these TWO great players.....this is just my opinion

have a good day folks...it would also be EXTRA nice if their match ended up "HALVE"...I know that if they are playing in the 3rd match of singles...a victory needed by either team will NOT have a "concession Halve" like Jack Nicklaus did at the Ryder cup a long time ago because the Cup Winner was already decided....perhaps Rosie and Alfie could agree upon Laura and Juli playing in Match #11....if the winning Cup is decided by the Laura/Juli Winner...so be it....great media story and should get Both Rosters and the crowd really BUZZED and Loud....but if the Cup is already decided then Laura/Juli could just have a "Career Satisfying Moment" with each other

anyway...have a great day...see ya!!....this is a potential GREAT story line for Women's Golf....anyway...see ya!!
I don't think either Laura or Juli would be happy to play match #11.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #17

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
Tsk Tsk Wiefan. It's DAVIES.... and "Alfie" won't be setting the schedule, ALLIE will!
Hi ya Putter...Way to go Putter!!!!....yikes!! you are Correct...my bad....the good thing is that NOW everyone knows that I have my own Personal Post Information Checker....considering that I do sometimes "RAMBLE on Fast forward"...this is a good thing to have...in fact, every poster on this site Needs a sort of "Guardian of correctness"....hmmm...considering what has happened on this site the last few days, it seems like there are a TON of "Poster Guardians"....just kidding folks

anyway...I will bet that all of you are Jealous that I have Hired Putter to check in on my stuff...too bad for you...snooze you lose...now some of you will just have to "Bite the Bullet" on whoever is your "Posting Guardian"....Putter is rather Tame...all she does is the "tsk tsk tsk" stuff...now some of you just might get a Guardian that "RIPS OUT YOUR Throat" when correcting your postings....hmmmm....

anyway...have a great day...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #18

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I don't think either Laura or Juli would be happy to play match #11.
Hi ya Blue....good to see you back into action....anyway...here is what I think...Laura and Juli would be Thrilled to be paired in Match #11....this is the pairing that could actually DECIDE the Cup...both ladies are super Competitive and I am sure that they would relish the thought that their Match was the decider...they both THRIVE on being in Pressure situations...and considering their LONG experiences, they are Both equipt to handle themselves and their Nerves

matches # 1-5 usually set the tone of what is needed by each team as far as Point totals....matches 6-9 will tip the balance either way or pretty much add to the importance of Matches 10-12.......this is just my opinion

another one of my opinions is that maybe this thread should be moved to the Solheim Threads...ahhh I am full of opinions huh

anyway...here is what I think about singles Line-up....you want "STRONG Minded" Players in your bottom last slots....players that can handle themselves and Pressure...this is why Natalie was "I think" the "last bottom slot player" in her past Solheim...Natalie does NOT get flustered with a Miss or made shot...she just smiles and moves forward....

now someone like Brittany Linsicome would be terrible at the Last bottom slot player...Heck!! Brittany even acknowledges her Nervousness and antsyness on important shots...I mean credit to her that she DOES pull off the great shot when needed, but she will tell you that she was NERVOUS as heck and probably shaking....just my opinion folks

my TWO other great prospects for "Late Bottom Slot" players are Stanford and Wiesy...yep!! I did say Wiesy....Stanford because she is steady and LONG enough....if you need pars to win this thing, then Stanford is Perfect...I say wiesy because of her Length and Focus....Wiesy has all kinds of potential to make Birdies from all over....she is an AGGRESSIVE player to start with, but she can play conservatively if need be...or she can take chances that a lot of players cannot because of her length...also, Wiesy is very serious looking when she is playing...complete Focus on her next shot and Pressure does not bother her...as we all know, the kid has been living with PRESSURE all of her golf life...different kinds of Pressure maybe, but Pressure nonetheless

I think Creamer, Morgan, Stacy, Linscicome and Cristie, are GREAT First Leadoffs and Middles....they can set the stage so that the middle will know what is needed

for the middle of the line up I would put, Kim, Vicky, Ryan and Lang...this is especially good for Vicky and Ryan....the earlier matches will not have other teammates walking holes to cheer you on and building confidence and camraderie as players will be playing also...but as the early matches finish, then comes the Players to boost their teammates...this will be great for Ryan and Vicky

actually as I think about it...Cristie would also be great in the Last Matches...her putter can be a killer...and she can stand pressure and is totally focused on the course

I know that posters will think it strange that I put Wiesy into the last match category...but I KNOW SHE CAN HANDLE the pressure should it come...let's talk about Match Play and Wiesy....folks only seem to like to talk about Yani Beating her in the public Links...but you have to understand that Wiesy had to win a lot of the matches just to get to the final, and she also won a lot of her matches in the previous Year when she won it...she also "Pushed the envelope" in Match play against the Men in trying to qualify for the Masters...she also won a lot of matches against the Hawaii Men in the Manoa Cup for many years....she also had to win a lot of Matches in the LPGA Match play events...Wiesy didn't win the event, but she did win a lot of matches to get to where she finished....this tells me that Match Play is PERFECT for Wiesy...a bigger reason that Match play is perfect for Wiesy is that a BIG number on one hole is ONLY a loss of that one hole...Wiesy is a Birdie Potential on ever single hole, because of her Length and variety of shots in her bag....this is why she did so well last year and one of the reasons of her being selected on Last years team...the Kid can make Birdies from all over the place....again...just my opinion as a PROUD member of WieNation...hmmm

everyone is saying that Suzanne is the Best player on the European team...I will bet that if Suzanne had to pick an opponent...she would NOT like to play Wiesy...this is just my opinion...and as everyone knows, I am very Biased when it comes to Wie Golf...hmmm

anyway...have a good day...this ends my typing lesson for the day...see ya Blue....have a good day
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #19
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
another one of my opinions is that maybe this thread should be moved to the Solheim Threads...ahhh I am full of opinions huh
wiefan, I agree with you. The current Forum is full of Solheim
Cups topics. We are very excited about the big event, but with so many moderators now days, why can not one of them concentrate all in 3 threads? The Cup itself, xman member contest, and your typical Blue poll?

Lexi Thompson threads could also be put into one or two. She is the talk of ladies Golf and could turn around the LPGA to a fantastic popular program none of us ever dreamed. I am still excited about her amazing performance and the potential effect on LPGA future popularity.

Blue used to organize the threads, but....
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #20
NTB

Hi ya Blue....good to see you back into action....anyway...here is what I think...Laura and Juli would be Thrilled to be paired in Match #11....this is the pairing that could actually DECIDE the Cup...both ladies are super Competitive and I am sure that they would relish the thought that their Match was the decider...they both THRIVE on being in Pressure situations...and considering their LONG experiences, they are Both equipt to handle themselves and their Nerves

matches # 1-5 usually set the tone of what is needed by each team as far as Point totals....matches 6-9 will tip the balance either way or pretty much add to the importance of Matches 10-12.......this is just my opinion

anyway...here is what I think about singles Line-up....you want "STRONG Minded" Players in your bottom last slots....players that can handle themselves and Pressure...this is why Natalie was "I think" the "last bottom slot player" in her past Solheim...Natalie does NOT get flustered with a Miss or made shot...she just smiles and moves forward....

now someone like Brittany Linsicome would be terrible at the Last bottom slot player...Heck!! Brittany even acknowledges her Nervousness and antsyness on important shots...I mean credit to her that she DOES pull off the great shot when needed, but she will tell you that she was NERVOUS as heck and probably shaking....just my opinion folks

my TWO other great prospects for "Late Bottom Slot" players are Stanford and Wiesy...yep!! I did say Wiesy....Stanford because she is steady and LONG enough....if you need pars to win this thing, then Stanford is Perfect...I say wiesy because of her Length and Focus....Wiesy has all kinds of potential to make Birdies from all over....she is an AGGRESSIVE player to start with, but she can play conservatively if need be...or she can take chances that a lot of players cannot because of her length...also, Wiesy is very serious looking when she is playing...complete Focus on her next shot and Pressure does not bother her...as we all know, the kid has been living with PRESSURE all of her golf life...different kinds of Pressure maybe, but Pressure nonetheless

I think Creamer, Morgan, Stacy, Linscicome and Cristie, are GREAT First Leadoffs and Middles....they can set the stage so that the middle will know what is needed

for the middle of the line up I would put, Kim, Vicky, Ryan and Lang...this is especially good for Vicky and Ryan....the earlier matches will not have other teammates walking holes to cheer you on and building confidence and camraderie as players will be playing also...but as the early matches finish, then comes the Players to boost their teammates...this will be great for Ryan and Vicky

actually as I think about it...Cristie would also be great in the Last Matches...her putter can be a killer...and she can stand pressure and is totally focused on the course

I know that posters will think it strange that I put Wiesy into the last match category...but I KNOW SHE CAN HANDLE the pressure should it come...let's talk about Match Play and Wiesy....folks only seem to like to talk about Yani Beating her in the public Links...but you have to understand that Wiesy had to win a lot of the matches just to get to the final, and she also won a lot of her matches in the previous Year when she won it...she also "Pushed the envelope" in Match play against the Men in trying to qualify for the Masters...she also won a lot of matches against the Hawaii Men in the Manoa Cup for many years....she also had to win a lot of Matches in the LPGA Match play events...Wiesy didn't win the event, but she did win a lot of matches to get to where she finished....this tells me that Match Play is PERFECT for Wiesy...a bigger reason that Match play is perfect for Wiesy is that a BIG number on one hole is ONLY a loss of that one hole...Wiesy is a Birdie Potential on ever single hole, because of her Length and variety of shots in her bag....this is why she did so well last year and one of the reasons of her being selected on Last years team...the Kid can make Birdies from all over the place....again...just my opinion as a PROUD member of WieNation...hmmm

everyone is saying that Suzanne is the Best player on the European team...I will bet that if Suzanne had to pick an opponent...she would NOT like to play Wiesy...this is just my opinion...and as everyone knows, I am very Biased when it comes to Wie Golf...hmmm

anyway...have a good day...this ends my typing lesson for the day...see ya Blue....have a good day
I don't know for sure how she would handle the clean up spot but would be willing to bet money Stacy will be there.
Remember her q school she blew everyone away. Great college career where it was nearly always heads up. Wiesy wouldn't play college golf.
I hope wiesy shows out this Solheim as she did in the last one.
Good luck to both girls...
Go America...