Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Laura Davies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
Forum Moderator

Laura Davies makes the cut at Kingsmill!

Annika may have missed her first cut in 4 years, but Laura Davies made her first cut since the Mizuno Classic in November 2005.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:51 PM   #2

Re: Laura Davies makes the cut at Kingsmill!

Originally Posted by Blue
Annika may have missed her first cut in 4 years, but Laura Davies made her first cut since the Mizuno Classic in November 2005.
Those are great news, I really hope Laura finds what is missing on her game...
Old 05-13-2006, 05:22 AM   #3

Was lucky to even make this cut !

As much of a fan as I am of Laura ( Got a signed autograph at the ozzie open a few years ago) I think it's safe to say that her best years are over..

She has had such a succesfull career (20 years) there comes a time were technically you've reached your potential, your not as strong as before and the game moves to the next level. I believe that is what has occured with Laura.

There is more to golf these days than just hitting a ball and as we can see, all the leading players today are incredibally fit... Heck even Karrie Webb has joined the workout gang !

Interesting to see that Meg Mallon is also struggling big time. Could another star be heading toward the end of her career as well
Johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:46 AM   #4
Forum Moderator

Oh, certainly. One cut does not a career turnaround make. With the new rules for European Solheim Team qualifying, Laura seems to have little chance of maknig the 07 team as well, so is retirement after this year in the offing? Probably. Still good to see her finish out what may be her last full season with at least one weekend of play.

Likewise with Meg who is reported heading for retirement after this year. I believe she's only made one cut (at the Ginn Open) all year.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #5

Laura is famous for not practising.....I wonder what her record would be like if she practised like some others?????

I'm not too sure about Meg heading to retirement.....she is coming off that heart scare which is, hopefully, over and done with. And she just buried her dad a few months ago which, for some, can be a tougher and longer trauma to overcome.

Juli Inkster is older than the two mentioned here....so they may have some game left.
Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
Forum Moderator

I hope you're right, Buzzer. But while Meg was going through surgery and family transitions during the off-season, Juli was reformulating her game, so I'm not sure if we can compare them just because they're close in age. Actually I think Juli is a few years older. I'm wondering how Meg could do if she lost weight. I think younger players can get by being a overweight, but I'm not sure if the same is true over 40. At the very least, dropping 20 lbs or so will make walking 18 holes on a hilly course less taxing.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #7
rayet11

Whats wies record when she played with Creamer and Pressel

Does anyone have the stats of Wie against Creamer and Pressel?
Old 05-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #8

Ask Boola...he has all the stats!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #9

You can look 'em up on lpga.com, DB. The only thing I will tell you is that Big Wiesy is 9-3 vs. TPP and 4-1 against MP.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:09 PM   #10

Hi ya teewoods....welcome to the MW player folder....you will enjoy yourself here I am sure...as far as questions concerning the Wiesy one...ask away....there are tons of knowledgeable wie stat posters here

anyway....I just thought that I would welcome you to this player folder.....have a great weekend....see ya!!....if you should ask me a question, the answers from me are not the most reliable in the world...heck!!! I am borderline "flake jake" at times.....see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote