Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Karrie Webb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #1

Welcome Back

Good to see Karrie finding her game again. One of the best middle iron players ever. When she had her very good years it was always the shots into the greens that were so accurate. It would be fun to watch Annika and Karrie fighting it out again just like the old days. :D
Golf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:18 PM   #2

Annika mentioned that she kind of missed their old duels...as did many of us! :)

I think we're all in for a real treat this season, the competition is strong, and Webbie has that fire in her eyes! 8)

It's great to see how much she is savouring the good times this time around.

Go, Karrie, go!
wayne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:25 AM   #3

Not so good first round but good to see Karrie bouncing back. Lets hope for a good weekend. Go Karrie.
Golf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:35 PM   #4

It looks like Karrie is very serious about being the top player again. A win, and 2 ties for second in her last 3.

Both her and Lorena are looking like they will be the ones to possibly end Annika's Player of the Year run.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:03 PM   #5

Hi ya cleo.....you are correct about Karrie and Lorena making a big push against Annika's dominance.....but another player that could very well enter this fray is Julie Inkster.....she finished 14th this week and she has been playing steady steady golf....anyway....I am glad to see Karrie playing terriffic golf again.....I would imagine that she took a lot of heat when Annika first overtook her and then Karrie sort of faded out of the limelight....but Karrie gathered herself up very very nicely and now she is again someone to look out for in any tournament she plays.....she is a terriffic comeback story.....anyway....have a great week....see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:47 PM   #6

Don't look now Wiefan because it seems that just because Annika's game has gone south that doesn't make the coast clear for Michelle at the McDonald's.

Looks like the other head in the "two-headed player of the year monster"(Karrie) may just frighten away Michelle, particularly on the back nine come Sunday in Maryland.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:59 PM   #7

It's good to see Karrie playing great again. It was only 5 or 6 years ago she was the top ranked player in the world. She won back to back Rolex player of the year titles in '99 and '00. Karrie is already an LPGA hall of famer at only age 31. Now it looks like she is on her way to her 31st career win this week at the Michelob Ultra.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #8

Hi ya cleo...to tell you the truth....I think too many people are figuring that Annika's game is going down....well....if you look at all of her GIRs....she is playing good....she is just having a cold putter.....her putter could heat up at any old time

but this is a Karrie folder and personally, I think Karrie is so so pumped up for this year....she is playing great and steady.....she is making the shots when she really needs them....fun to watch

here is what I like about Karrie....for years, she was Number 1.....when Annika took over....it wasn't much fun for Karrie to deal with all of this Annika Frenzy and her collapse....after awhile, other players overtook Karrie....but to Karrie's credit....she took it all as part of Life and just made the changes she thought she needed....it is NOW PAYING BIG DIVIDENDS....she is now a very happy camper and she is playing with a lot of FUN.....she is relaxed and just letting things fall where they might....forget about a bad shot and move onward....I like this NEW KARRIE!!!

anyway....have a good day...see ya....go Karrie go!!!....Let's "RECLAIM" what was once yours....see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:54 PM   #9

Karrie Webb is cruising smoothly to the finish line. I think the Aussie girl is unbeatable today!

Karrie...you're making all the Australians proud! That includes you Angela! :D

Come back and join us again!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:58 PM   #10
Contest Statistician

Send a message via Yahoo to DJGOLFER59
lets do a little comparison:

at the age of 31, karrie has 32 wins, where annika had 31

karrie has 7 majors, and annika at 31 had 3

annika went through a mini slump (in her standards) when karrie was number 1, then came out and is having the best years of her career, all at the age of 35. they say the peak age for a golfer is about 32, 33 so why cant karrie be just as dominant as annika?

we might just see karrie not just get back to form, but get even better. she has an opportunity all of a sudden to reclaim the number one position in the next year to come.

when annika and karrie are both at their absolute best, ive always thought karrie would probably win 6 out of ten times against annika. karrie's 99' season is in my opinion the best year in the last ten years besides annika's 02'
DJGOLFER59 is offline   Reply With Quote