Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Karrie Webb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2005, 10:24 AM   #1

OFFICE DEPOT...!

Despite missing the cut at the Office Depot, I'm still betting on Webbie to win another one by the end of the year! :)

Karrie made 12 birdies over two rounds; the firepower to go low is still there!

Now that she has shaken off the ring rust, she will be ready to go in Sacremento! 8)

Go, Karrie, go!
wayne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #2

You better change betting to hoping if you're planning on betting the farm. :o
Old 10-03-2005, 06:32 PM   #3

Perhaps, especially since i just realized Karrie didn't qualify for the Samsung! :o
Old 10-03-2005, 06:52 PM   #4
anastasiabeaverhausen

Yeah, that's a really nice message for them to be sending. That the LPGA's 30 year old Hall-of-Fame inductee for this year can't get into an event, but a 16 year old who has earned exactly nothing (dollars or otherwise) in her career gets a sponsors exemption.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:27 AM   #5

Right or wrong, it's the sponsors' dollars that drive professional sports!

Anyhow, it looks like Webbie has other fish to fry at the Long's Drugs Challenge! :)

Judging by her finish last year, it looks like the course agrees with her eye, and hopefully she will be hoisting a trophy come Sunday! 8)

Go, Karrie, go!
Old 10-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #6

I've had this theory about Karrie's demise on the tour for a while. As I recall just after she went to a blade putter, apparently being impressed with the one Cameron made for Mickelson , she started to go downhill. I don't recall which model she used before but that's the point that I see when she started to lose her #1 status.

I'm aware she changed her swing ,lost weight, and dropped the left hand low method in the last few years but that blade putter in my mind started her downfall.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:14 PM   #7

When the Samsung is on and Karrie is at home fishing, I hope she thnks about how the LPGA has treated her and goes "stuff them". How often do we hear about the importance of players putting something back into the sport, and then we have a player who has been achieved an extraordinary amount in her sport gets overlooked for someone who has not only not achieved anything, but has publicly stated she does not intent to support women's golf and the LPGA and whose ambition is to play on the PGA. This will not help women's golf giving exemptions to people who think the women's tour is second rate.

This treatment of Webbey is a bloody disgrace. :x
Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:02 PM   #8

Bandit, I couldn't agree more. There is no loyalty in sports anymore, and this is a prime example.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:11 AM   #9

It's nice to see some talk on the Karrie site. Bandit " stuff them" now come on your being very polite there. A true Queenslander would have said F... them. I'm not worried about the missed cut last weekend I think Karrie's mind would have been on the Rugby League grand final. The North Queensland Cowboys unexpectly made the grand final. But I'm happy to say my Tigers won. I'm still celebrating. For those of you not living in Oz the 2 most underdog teams made the final. My team won Karrie's lost. I'm still celebrating this has been a great year sport wise for me, so if Karrie could just get a win in the next few weeks it would be even better. If not who cares she is still the best in my opinion. :lol:
angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:00 PM   #10

I think she had more than just the footy on her mind... but anyway she can have a nice break next week do some fishing and just be reminded about the crap treatment she has receievd from the LPGA...
Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote