Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Karrie Webb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #1

Kraft Nabisco

I'm sure all us Karrie fans are hoping for a repeat of a couple of years ago when Karrie won the Nabisco. It was unexpected then and I think it would be the same now. Lets hope Karrie finds her A game. GO KARRIE
Golf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #2

Red face

Originally Posted by Golf fan View Post
I'm sure all us Karrie fans are hoping for a repeat of a couple of years ago when Karrie won the Nabisco. It was unexpected then and I think it would be the same now. Lets hope Karrie finds her A game. GO KARRIE
GolfFan - were you there? That had to be one of the best tournaments I've seen. After sitting in the stands on 18 for pretty much the entire day, that "hole-in" by Karrie was well worth the numbness!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #3

I was right behind the green and watched the ball all the way in.
cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:09 PM   #4

Originally Posted by cougar View Post
I was right behind the green and watched the ball all the way in.
Geez Cougar, if I'd known what you looked like I would have bought you a beer to celebrate! That shot was awesome. Only problem is, you don't get the "instant replay" when you're there in person!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #5

Hi ya putter...ARE YOU SERIOUS.....EVERYBODY and EVERYONE KNOWS good ol' Cougar....heck!!...he is even more popular than Carolyn herself....and a bit more prettier

anyway....I have a question for both you and Cougar....from your vantage point....did you see Karrie Jump in the air and into her Caddy and all of the "Fist Pumps" LIVE....this part was even better than the ball falling in the hole....I just loved this part....Karrie was in "Golf Heaven"....and you know what...She deserves every bit of this....here is what I like MOST about Karrie Webb....she is a FIGHTER....it is NOT easy being at the TOP of the GOLF world and then watch someone else overcome your Plateau...and then have to answer CONSTANT questions about what happen....Heck!! Karrie took all of this constant Barriage and yet she still had the fortitude to accept what happened and then re-applied herself....she worked hard at her game and it was NICE to see her get rewarded for her efforts....like I said...it takes a tough person with great character to be a Top Banana and then have to endure being a "2nd Fiddle" and then clawing your way back towards the top....I mean Karrie wasn't playing too bad...it is just that it seemed like everyone in the media EXPECTED more....but to Karrie's credit...she was gracious in her interviews and then she just worried about her golf game and not something she had NO control over....very Classy and Tough lady in my opinion

anyway....all of you have a good day...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #6

Hiya Wiefan - yep, I saw the whole thing, although after watching the shot drop and looking back down the fairway, she was already "mid-air" - very cool moment. Whenever I attend these tournaments and it's close I'm always hoping that there's a playoff, so of course I was ecstatic that her shot went in.

And yes, I'm a bad girl for not knowing who Cougar is in person - I've read his reports and enjoyed them, but if he walked in my house right now I still wouldn't know it was him!

Oh, by the way....who ISN'T more popular than Bivens!??
Old 04-03-2008, 12:50 AM   #7

Hi ya Putter...ahhh yes...Cougar is "The BOMB"...anyone that has gotten in contact with this terriffic Human Being just thinks the world of him...and rightfully so!!!

now about "Oh, by the way....who ISN'T more popular than Bivens!?? " question....you know....as PRESIDENT of the Carolyn Bivens Fan Club, I will take a head count and see how popular she really is....this should be kinda easy....I will stand in front of the Mirror and raise my hand...I know if I line up a lot of mirrors....there will be a lot of US in her corner

anyway....have a good day....see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:23 AM   #8

Wiefan, how can our opinions on Cougar and Izzy be so similar, yet we're on opposite ends of the Bivens poll?
Old 04-03-2008, 06:40 AM   #9
NTB

What outstanding thing has bivens done?
Bivens isn't responsible for the growth of the lpga the players are.
Annika has done far more then bivens.
What little the golf channel has done is far more then bivens.
Wiesy has done more then bivens.
bivens should quit.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #10

Okay, Guys 'n Gals.....this is a Kraft-Nabisco thread. If you want to delve into the executive board-room, then start a new post. Thanx

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote