Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #1

Wta 2013

more pics on my blog: Samantha Stosur At 2013 Brisbane International Draw Ceremony; Maria Sharapova Practice Pics Fairways and Forehands

Maria Sharapova

Hooray! The new tennis season is officially underway with the draw ceremony for the 2013 Brisbane International. 2011 US Open champion Samantha Stosur was on hand for the event:

Here are some photos of Maria Sharapova and Samantha Stosur from their practice sessions.

Maria Sharapova

Samantha Stosur

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #2

The big news coming out of Brisbane is Woz sporting a nice rock on her wedding finger.
I wonder if Rory factored in his rumored Nike contract into the 2-3 month rule for the engagement ring?
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
The big news coming out of Brisbane is Woz sporting a nice rock on her wedding finger.
I wonder if Rory factored in his rumored Nike contract into the 2-3 month rule for the engagement ring?

I have conflicting emotions about Caro these days. I am really happy that she is having a great personal life. That is the most important thing. That's what really matters. However, I can't shake the feeling that she might go down in tennis history as one of those players who, for all she did accomplish, could have been more. We will see in 2013 if she can bounce back.

---Bruce Lee

Old 12-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #4

Tennis has no off season.
fetucinialfokcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #5

Originally Posted by fetucinialfokcu View Post
Tennis has no off season.
Well said. The schedule is one of the many reasons players complain, saying the frequency of events and the small off-season (basically just a breather) leads to chronic and frequent injuries. They are probably correct.

---Bruce Lee

Old 12-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #6

Of course, starting the year in Australia, there is the yearly koala visit. This year, 2011 WTA Player of the Year and Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova had the honors. In my opinion, Petra Kvitova is like Suzann Pettersen, in the sense that she isn't #1 but when she has it all working she is scary good. Much like Suzann, when you look at Petra playing her A game, you just feel like you are watching the best player in the world. Problem is, you never know what Petra (or Suzann) will show up, and in 2012 she wasn't as good as in 2011, although she had a good year. Anyway, I wrote more about all that here: Petra Kvitova Starts 2013 At The Brisbane International; Can She Challenge For #1 In 2013? Fairways and Forehands

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 12-29-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:45 AM   #7

Caroline Wozniacki Brisbane Practice Session

Caroline Wozniacki briefly addresses the ring issue in the following video. I hope she has a good 2013. She is great for the tour. I'd hate to see her fade away. Go Caro!

---Bruce Lee

Old 12-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #8

more pics and video on my blog: Petra Kvitova, Serena Williams Advance In First Round Of 2013 Brisbane International Fairways and Forehands

Petra Kvitova

Just how short is the tennis off-season? So short that the 2013 season starts in 2012. As expected, Petra Kvitova and Serena Williams started their years with routine straight set victories. The surprise of the day was Jarmila Gajdosova upsetting Roberta Vinci. Jarmila hadn’t won a match since Roland Garros and hadn’t even played a match since September, when her mother passed away. In front of many familiy members, including her father and brother, she found her way back into winning form. Obviously, this doesn’t wash away her loss, but hopefully she can move forward with positive energy and have a good 2013.

Petra Kvitova

Jarmila Gajdosova

Serena Williams

---Bruce Lee

Old 12-31-2012, 03:20 AM   #9

I think must follow Masha around with cameras wherever she goes. Lots of material to share here. This is just half of my blog post. There is also a video of Victoria Azarenka's presser and more photos here: Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka 2013 Brisbane International Pre-Tournament Pressers Fairways and Forehands

Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka sat down to have their 2013 Brisbane International pre-tournament press conferences. As the top 2 seeds in the tournament, they received byes into the 2nd round. Vika will open up against Sabine Lisicki while Masha will face Jarmila Gajdosova. Interestingly, hearing Masha talk about not really getting a chance to reflect on winning Roland Garros and her career Grand Slam until the off-season because of so many tournament quickly back to back is a bit of an indictment in my eyes of the brutal tennis schedule. Great for us fans because we want to see our favorites as much as possible. But also not great, because we also want to see them healthy and playing at or near their best.

MLC Tennis Hot Shots with the kids

Practice session

---Bruce Lee

Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 AM   #10

from my blog: Ana Ivanovic Thanks Her Fans For Their Support and Wishes Them A Happy New Year With Lovely Photo Fairways and Forehands

Ana Ivanovic

Former world #1 Ana Ivanovic posted a lovely photo to thank her fans for their support and to wish them a Happy New Year. She has always struck me as a very sweet and sincere young lady. And as always, she is looking very stylish and stunning. My guess is that she made many of her fans’ New Year’s Day a little more happy!

Ana Ivanovic Hopman Cup Singles Match

This week Ana is at Hopman Cup helping Team Serbia, along with men’s world #1 Novak Djokovic. Ana beat Francesca Schiavone en route to helping Team Serbia defeat Team Italy 2-1. Ana and Novak each won their singles to take the match 2-0. In fact, Ana thumped Francesca Schiavone 6-0 6-4. That made the doubles match just a fun match.

Doubles with Novak Djokovic

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 12-31-2012 at 05:05 AM.