Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #11

more pics and video on my blog: Caroline Wozniacki Upset In First Round Of 2013 Brisbane International; Angelique Kerber Advances Fairways and Forehands

Caroline Wozniacki

The sky is not falling. I am a Caroline Wozniacki fan, but this was not how I envisioned her starting 2013, with a first round loss at the 2013 Brisbane International to Ksenia Pervak. Early season upsets happen when top players might not be in top form. However…this is Caro we are talking about so we have to be careful. Is this an early season blip or the continuation of a decline? I hope the former. I really think it’s more that than anything else. But time will tell.

4th seed Angelique Kerber was pushed to a 3rd set before ultimately prevailing over Anna Tatishvili, 6-2 4-6 6-2. To me, Angelique was the big surprise of 2012 on the women’s side, just as her countrywoman Andrea Petkovic was in 2011. Who will step up in 2013 and surprise us with her play? I can’t wait to see.

...more Caro

Rory was at the match

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 01-01-2013 at 03:38 PM.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #12

BKB
Thx for posting some Ana stuff.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #13

It doesn't get any more elegant than Ana Ivanovic.

Very few women are beautiful,classy and elegant ;she accomplishes all three with ease...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 01-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #14

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
It doesn't get any more elegant than Ana Ivanovic.

Very few women are beautiful,classy and elegant ;she accomplishes all three with ease...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Belen Mozo????

Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #15

I also think Vicky Hurst (on right) has a classy, elegant style, although we don't see her dressed up that often.

---Bruce Lee

Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #16

more pics and video on my blog: Maria Sharapova Pulls Out Of 2013 Brisbane International With Collarbone Injury; Petra Kvitova, Sara Errani Upset Fairways and Forehands

Maria Sharapova

It was a disappointing day at the 2013 Brisbane International as big names fell or withdrew. The biggest was world #2 Maria Sharapova, who was forced to withdraw with a collarbone injury. This is the same injury that caused her to pull out of a recently scheduled exhibition in South Korea. With Masha, it’s always a concern when there is any problem in the area of her shoulder. Hopefully, this will heal quickly so she will be ready for Melbourne.

Petra Kvitova

Also departing in the second round were Petra Kvitova and Sara Errani, the 4th and 5th seeds. Concerning Petra, I’m not really worried. This is what she does sometimes. She can look like the best in the world one day and then get upset the next day. It’s early in the year. I don’t think this is any indicator as to how she will play come Melbourne. At least, I hope not.

Victoria Azarenka

Victoria Azarenka, Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Tamira Paszek, among others, had a great time at Kids Day. It seems Brisbane has a kids event every few days. Cool, they are the future of the game.

Vika

Masha

Tamira Paszek

---Bruce Lee

Old 01-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #17

from my blog: Ana Ivanovic, Novak Djokovic At 2013 Hopman Cup New Year’s Eve Ball Fairways and Forehands

Novak Djokovic and Ana Ivanovic

Ana Ivanovic and Novak Djokovic form Team Serbia at the 2013 Hopman Cup. They took some time out to attend the New Year’s Eve Ball. As always, Ana exuded elegance. They were also interviewed briefly.

with Lucy Hopman

---Bruce Lee

Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #18

more pics on my blog: Ana Ivanovic Boosts Team Serbia To Win Over Australia At 2013 Hopman Cup Fairways and Forehands

Ana Ivanovic and Novak Djokovic

Team Serbia is seen as one of the top teams, if not the top team, at the 2013 Hopman Cup. But somebody forgot to tell Australia’s Bernard Tomic, who came out and shocked world #1 Novak Djokovic 6-4 6-4 to give the Aussies a quick and surprising 1-0 lead. However, on this day it would be former women’s #1 Ana Ivanovic who would pick up Serbia with a strong serving (9 aces) performance against Ashleigh Barty, winning 6-2 6-3. With the rubber tied at 1-1, the mixed doubles decided the affair with Ana and Nole combining to take down the team from Down Under is a hotly contested mixed doubles match, edging the Aussies 10-6 in a third set champions tie-break (basically instead of playing a full third set, they instead decide the third set by playing a tie break that goes to 10, instead of 7).

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 01-02-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #19

more pics, videos and scores on my blog: Victoria Azarenka Downs Sabine Lisicki At 2013 Brisbane International; Still On Course For Serena Showdown Fairways and Forehands

Victoria Azarenka

Victoria Azarenka, for all of Serena Williams’ brilliance, is still the #1 ranked women’s tennis player in the world. That’s probably an indictment of the ranking computer. Still, Vika can go a long way to reasserting her claim to the top spot with a win in Brisbane over Serena. That possible match-up is still in the future. But on Day 4 in Brisbane, Azarenka bested the dangerous Sabine Lisicki, 6-3 6-3. With all due respect to Vika’s quarterfinal opponent Ksenia Pervak and Serena’s quarterfinal opponent Sloane Stephens, Vika vs Serena is what everybody should want to see. Vika had the 2012 US Open on her racquet but couldn’t serve it out. She’s a lot closer to Serena than some might think. But does she deep down really believe that?

Vika

---Bruce Lee

Old 01-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #20

What's your opinion on the nee WTA 125s. Also, what's your feeling of the addition of the China event? I just hate having 3 events in one week. It waters the fields down for all 3.
fetucinialfokcu is offline   Reply With Quote