Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #31

more pics and video on my blog: Caroline Wozniacki Prank Fail With Maria Sharapova At 2012 BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells Fairways and Forehands

Maria Sharapova and Caroline Wozniacki

The men and women of the ATP and the WTA move to Indian Wells for the next week and a half for the 2012 BNP Paribas Open. Will Victoria Azarenka continue to dominate? Will we see a big Azarenka-Petra Kvitova match-up in the semi-finals? Can Maria Sharapova or Caroline Wozniacki crash the final and take it all? I am looking forward to seeing how the women’s side shakes out. If Vika wins again and looks dominant, we could be in for a special year similar to what Novak Djokovic did last year on the men’s tour. I know it’s a bit early to say that, but somebody on the women’s side needs to stand up and show they can challenge Vika or she might run away from the field.

Off the court, Caroline was up to her smiling, laughing and joking ways. She tried a prank on Maria Sharapova during an interview…but alas, EPIC FAIL!

Li Na

Victoria Azarenka

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #32

more videos on my blog: Maria Sharapova, Caroline Wozniacki, Li Na, Victoria Azarenka, Marion Bartoli, Samantha Stosur, Petra Kvitova and Agnieszka Radwanska Quized About Each Other At 2012 BNP Paribas Open At Indian Wells Fairways and Forehands

Maria Sharapova

Some of the top ladies at the 2012 BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells were quizzed about each other. How much do the players know about one another? We will see. It was all fun…but what a bummer on that last question! Yikes! Should have screened that one.

---Bruce Lee

Old 03-09-2012, 03:36 AM   #33

WTA is big, something LPGA should emulate.
18majors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #34

Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
WTA is big, something LPGA should emulate.
If it was that simple,don't you think they would have done it ?

What I've noticed in BKB's excellent coverage of the WTA is that it's spread amongst a lot of different players.See,the WTA pushes talent.It doesn't matter if that talent comes from Russia,Sebia,Belarus or China ; if you've got talent you get recognition.

It appears that fans of women's tennis,and the media that covers women's tennis,recognise that the competitive aspect of the sport is what's most important.

The LPGA,its fans,and the media that can be bothered covering women's golf,singularly fail to recognise that.

It's night and day...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 03-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #35

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
If it was that simple,don't you think they would have done it ?

What I've noticed in BKB's excellent coverage of the WTA is that it's spread amongst a lot of different players.See,the WTA pushes talent.It doesn't matter if that talent comes from Russia,Sebia,Belarus or China ; if you've got talent you get recognition.

It appears that fans of women's tennis,and the media that covers women's tennis,recognise that the competitive aspect of the sport is what's most important.

The LPGA,its fans,and the media that can be bothered covering women's golf,singularly fail to recognise that.

It's night and day...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
That's because if someone like Michelle Wie who tries to put the LPGA on the map comes along, all she gets is criticisms, redicules and all the negativities that come along with it instead of embracing and supporting it!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #36
Contest Statistician

You can not compare the two. Tennis has and will continue to be a larger sport in the world compared to Golf.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #37

more pics and video on my blog: Victoria Azarenka Barely Escapes Upset Bid In Second Round Of 2012 BNP Paribas Open At Indian Wells; Jelena Jankovic Falls Fairways and Forehands

Victoria Azarenka

Whew. With all the talk of Victoria Azarenka’s dominance this year and if anybody can stop her winning streak, it would have been a shocker if she had lost her first match at the 2012 BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells. As it is, she advanced by the skin of her teeth over Mona Barthel 6-4 6-7 (4) 7-6 (6). This match was a textbook example of why you don’t let an opponent back into a match. One shouldn’t feel badly for a player being soundly beaten or want the winning player to toss them a game or two. Once you give a player hope, it can all turn around. Vika was up 6-4 4-1 and on her way to another straight set victory when Mona caught fire, winning 10 of the next 11 games to take the second set and go up 4-1 in the third. Mona, who fought off a match point in the second set, even served for the match twice in the third. In the end, Vika did just enough to spoil the upset bid, but if she has a similar lapse against a better opponent, we could see her winning streak come to an end in Indian Wells.

Jelena Jankovic

Former world #1 Jelena Jankovic, one of my favorites, was not able to avoid the upset bid as she fell to American Jamie Hampton, 6-4 6-3. JJ had been playing better lately, with recent trips to the semis in Dubai and Kuala Lumpur. As a fan, it’s disappointing for me to see her fall early at Indian Wells. However, I guess I should look on the bright side that both Hampton and Christina McHale, another great young American player, both won their second round matches.

JJ at players party

At least JJ had fun at the players party. All the players do. Here’s a question…which player would you most like to dance with at the player’s party? They asked the players that very question. For me, if Kim Clijsters had been there, it would be her because she is my favorite player. If you’re asking which lady I’d want to dance with based on looks, that’s tougher. There are many beautiful players on tour and it’s a matter of personal preference. It might still be Kim for me, but probably I’d pick Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Sorana Cirstea or somebody like that.

Vika

Singles – Second Round
(1) Victoria Azarenka (BLR) d. Mona Barthel (GER) 64 67(4) 76(6)
(3) Petra Kvitova (CZE) d. Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE) 61 63
(5) Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) d. Sorana Cirstea (ROU) 62 64
(8) Li Na (CHN) d. Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ) 36 63 63
(9) Vera Zvonareva (RUS) d. Kimiko Date-Krumm (JPN) 63 64
(WC) Jamie Hampton (USA) d. (12) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) 64 63
Vania King (USA) d. (13) Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 64 64
(14) Julia Goerges (GER) d. Elena Baltacha (GBR) 63 62
(18) Angelique Kerber (GER) d. (WC) Sloane Stephens (USA) 26 75 64
Klara Zakopalova (CZE) d. (19) Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) 63 67(7) 63
Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) d. (22) Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) 26 62 64
(24) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) d. (WC) Sania Mirza (IND) 62 75
(25) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) d. Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) 63 20 ret. (right forearm injury)
(27) Flavia Pennetta (ITA) d. Carla Suárez Navarro (ESP) 63 64
(31) Zheng Jie (CHN) d. (Q) Michaella Krajicek (NED) 61 63
(32) Christina McHale (USA) d. Elena Vesnina (RUS) 63 75

---Bruce Lee

Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #38

Dancing with Maria would be a fantasy come true, however, I'll need to grow taller in a hurry!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #39

Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Dancing with Maria would be a fantasy come true, however, I'll need to grow taller in a hurry!
Caroline is a little shorter...how about a little two step with the Dancing Dane?

---Bruce Lee

Old 03-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #40

Caroline is 3" shorter but is probably not lighter.