Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #21

from my blog: Maria Sharapova Interview with Justin Gimelstob Fairways and Forehands

Masha at 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

This interview is a few months old, but for those that haven’t seen it I highly recommend watching if you are a Maria Sharapova. Besides the interview, Maria made the rounds during the 2012 Oscars. The pictures on this post are from the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party.

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 03-04-2012 at 03:10 AM.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #22

Maria Sharapova, what a lady!
18majors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #23

OK BKB, I'll put you on the spot - Who is the better looking, Sharapova or Wozniacki? To me they are very close, but I kind of favor Caroline, even though Maria is Very Beautiful also. Those thighs of Woz are something else!

Oh, I almost forgot - The new #1 in men's golf Rory McIlroy will be in NYC tonight for the match between Maria and Caroline, his girlfriend.

CONGRATULATIONS Rory, it might be a LONG time before someone takes over your title. That Waterford trophy you received is wonderful, but your Caroline trophy is not bad either.

Last edited by UpDev; 03-05-2012 at 05:10 AM.
UpDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #24

Originally Posted by UpDev View Post
OK BKB, I'll put you on the spot - Who is the better looking, Sharapova or Wozniacki? To me they are very close, but I kind of favor Caroline, even though Maria is Very Beautiful also. Those thighs of Woz are something else!
You horny toad you!

UpDev

To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!

Last edited by dangerbob; 03-06-2012 at 09:21 AM.
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #25

Originally Posted by UpDev View Post

Oh, I almost forgot - The new #1 in men's golf Rory McIlroy will be in NYC tonight for the match between Maria and Caroline, his girlfriend.

CONGRATULATIONS Rory, it might be a LONG time before someone takes over your title. That Waterford trophy you received is wonderful, but your Caroline trophy is not bad either.
Each is beautiful in different ways (what a cop out answer!)

But I will say this...and this doesn't mean I'm picking either...but Masha has more the look of a woman, while Caroline still reminds me of being a kid...Masha is older...but not by much...Masha is 24 and Caroline is 21. And speaking of Caroline and Masha:

more pics and video on my blog: A Few of Maria Sharapova's Favorite Things Fairways and Forehands

3-time Major winner and former world #1 Maria Sharapova took a moment while at the BNP Paribas Showdown at Madison Square Garden in New York City to answer some questions about her favorite things. She talks about all kinds of subjects, from music to books to her fans. She even says what she likes best about herself. Hmmm…maybe I’ll read The Alchemist, too.

It was a fun night had by the fans at MSG as Masha joined Caroline Wozniacki, Andy Roddick and Roger Federer for night of tennis to delight the New York City crowd. As an added bonus, Caroline Wozniacki was able to coax boyfriend and new world golf #1 Rory McIroy out of the crowd and onto the court to join the fun!

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 03-06-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:27 AM   #26

Go Rory!!
What an amazing win @ the Honda.....clutch up and downs on 14, 15 & 17 and a gorgeous swing.
Rory is a very popular pro...classy guy...but so are the other Irish pros...Gramme M, Darren C, Padrig H.

How neat is it for him to fly w/ his parents to NYC on Sun night to watch Caroline on Monday and then back to Doral to prep for the WGC.

The top earning men pros make so much dough....e.g.) Phil flying from Riviera (Northern Trust) to San Diego each night to be with his family.

From the hottie, Belen Mozo, watch the below vid and the dialogue about about some top golf and tennis pro couples.

Video: Hate to be Rude: Belen Mozo
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #27

Bobby...very intriguing match-ups. I'd probably mix-up a few of your teams slightly. Here's what I would go/came up with...

Team #1: McIroy/Tseng - A special connection exists between the two young #1s as they were both Faldo Series Champions.

Team Nike: Woods/Pettersen - I'd replace Wie with Pettersen. Suzann being the much more accomplished and (currently) better player than Wie. The only thing going for Wie at the moment is her popularity.

Team Korea: KJ Choi/Na Yeon Choi - Yes, Se Ri Pak is legendary. But if Korea wants the best chance of winning, no Korean female golfer is currently better in the world than Na Yeon Choi.

Team Photogenic: Scott/Reid - Tough call as both Sandra Gal & Melissa Reid are photogenic. I give the edge to Reid instead of Gal.

Team Japan: Ishikawa/Chie - No question I'd go with Ai if Team Japan needed a win. But pairing Ishikawa with Chie Arimura would attract quite an audience, wouldn't it? But no...Bobby's pairing (Ishikawa/Miyazato) is the best Japanese combo.

Team Legend: Nicklaus/Sorenstam - The one word that comes to mind when you pair these two legends together....**WINNING**!!

Team Mexico: Trevino/Ochoa - Mexico's two best golfers would give any team on this list problems.

Team Amateur: Cantlay/Ko - The two best amateur golfers in the world today. I'll admit I was surprised how well Ko performed against other notable LPGA competitors during the ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open.
prime007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #28

The tennis night in America at MSG turns out to be a huge success for publicity; especially that Rory McIlroy is in the mix, he won one point from Maria Sharapova.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #29

Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
The tennis night in America at MSG turns out to be a huge success for publicity; especially that Rory McIlroy is in the mix, he won one point from Maria Sharapova.
Well...yeah, but she was going easy on him...Masha would destroy him before he knew what hit him...but I have heard Caroline say his tennis game, when he's serious, is getting better...Masha joked after her win over Caroline that Rory won more points than Wozniacki did...

from my blog: Agnieszka Radwanska Earns More For 2012 Dubai Duty Free Championship Title Than Roger Federer Fairways and Forehands

The women’s champion at the 2012 Dubai Duty Free Championship earned a bigger paycheck than the men’s champion. In this case, it means Agnieszka Radwanska earned more than Roger Federer. Before the folks who don’t like the women getting paid the same…much less more…let me explain. First of all, the players who won make it look unbalanced. Roger getting less than Agnieszka seems…not right. But you have to keep it based on gender, not the specific players. It would look better to some if the names had been Serena Williams earning more than Fernando Verdasco. Secondly, and more importantly, both the ATP and WTA were given $2 million to divide how they saw fit, so it was each tour that decided on the breakdown. The WTA gave out $1,159,235 of their $2 million to the singles draw while the ATP gave $978,495 to the singles draw. So the WTA gave more of the money to the players overall. Also, keep in mind that both players are said to have received appearance fees, with Roger’s fee being vastly more than Agnieszka’s. So for those who don’t like this, blame the ATP. Personally, I prefer watching the ladies play these days, although I am a fan of both tours.

---Bruce Lee

Old 03-07-2012, 03:28 AM   #30

I'd take Maria over Djokovic, Nadal or Federer any day, week or month.