Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #141

Originally Posted by bangkokbobby View Post
This is not Roland Garros related...in tennis, the outfits the players (especially high profile players like Sharapova and Ivanovic) wear are often given their own launch...it's big money...even when I was a kid, I had to have those Ivan Lendl adidas argyle design shirts...but anyway, what is interesting about Ana's unveiling of her Wimbledon line is that she also debuted what she will wear in the Olympics...I bring it up because the all-England club will host the Olympic tennis competition but relax the white only color rule...which I wish they would abolish at Wimbledon as well...

Ana's Wimbledon outfit

Her Olympic outfit
Gorgeous as ever,although,let's face it,Ana would look perfectly edible in a bin-liner and wellington boots,but that Olympic outfit is a little confusing.

Don't Olympic outfits tend to reflect the national flag ? The Sebian flag is a red,blue and white tricolour ; there's no bright yellow in it.

And,you're right,they need to scrap that ridiculous all-white rule at Wimbledon...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 06-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #142

Canada should money & adopt Ana instead of wasting money to send Harper & wife to the Queen's bash.

Glad to see Wimbeldon isn't rescheduled due to the Olympics.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #143

more pics on my blog: Melanie Oudin Wins First WTA Singles Title At Birmingham 2012 | Fairways and Forehands

Melanie Oudin, 2012 AEGON Classic winner

Audioboo / Blog Comment FAF: Melanie Oudin

Since Melanie Oudin announced herself to the tennis world with an improbable run to 2009 US Open quarterfinals as a 17-year old wildcard she has struggled to bring to fruition the promise she demonstrated on the Flushing Meadow hardcourts.It seemed that upsetting Elena Dementieva and Maria Sharapova at that US Open would be the singles highlight of her career (she does have a mixed doubles Major championship with Jack Sock at the 2011 US Open). Not anymore. The still very young 20-year old American marched through the AEGON Classic at Birmingham to earn her first WTA title. She capped off her memorable week by defeating former world #1 Jelena Jankovic, 6-4 6-2. What is even more impressive is that Melanie’s ranking had slipped so low that not only did she not qualify for the main draw outright, but wasn’t even seeded in the qualifying rounds trying to get into the event. But she made it through qualifying and grabbed the brass ring once in the draw. She also received a wildcard into Wimbledon. I hope this is the beginning of big things for this talented player from Marietta, Georgia.

Singles – Final
(Q) Melanie Oudin (USA) d. (5/WC) Jelena Jankovic (SRB) 64 62

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #144

more pics and video on my blog: Coco Vandeweghe Reaches First WTA Final At 2012 Bank Of The West Classic, Will Face Serena Williams | Fairways and Forehands

Coco Vandeweghe

In one of the forums I post comments, I recently said that I was worried about the future of American women’s tennis after Serena Williams retires. There are good young players like Christina McHale and Sloane Stephens. There are future hopefuls like Madison Keys. But they need to take that next step and start collecting titles. Although there have been late Major winners in tennis recently like Li Na and Francesca Schiavone, both of those players had titles and double-digit singles finals before their Major victories. Usually in tennis you know by the time a player is in their early 20s if they have it or not to be a great champion. Coco Vandeweghe stands on the brink of making her own statement about what kind of player she can be, reaching her first WTA singles final. The 20-year old Coco will leap from #120 in the world to the top 100 just off of reaching the final. She was a “lucky loser” in this event, meaning that she went through the qualifying tournament to try to get into the draw but lost. However, she gained entry into the tournament when another player withdrew. Boy, has Coco made the most of the opportunity. Behind a big serving game, Coco took out the 5th seeded Yanina Wickmayer in the semis, 6-2 3-6 6-2. Next up, however, is Serena Williams. Of course, everybody will expect Serena to strike midnight on Coco’s Cinderella story, but Coco has already achieved much to take with her no matter what happens. And finally, Coco should just hit away. Go for the lines against Serena. Anything can happen. She’s made a huge statement by reaching the final. She has the opportunity to make a career statement with a win over Serena. As far as American tennis is concerned, this is the first all-American final on the WTA since the Tour Championship in 2009. For me, it’s a welcome thing.

Singles – Semifinals
(1) Serena Williams (USA) d. (9) Sorana Cirstea (ROU) 61 62
(LL) Coco Vandeweghe (USA) d. (5) Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) 62 36 62

Coco

Serena

---Bruce Lee

Old 07-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #145

more pics and video on my blog: Marion Bartoli Talks About Hitting With Her Hero Pete Sampras, Talks About Reading And Art Hobbies | Fairways and Forehands

Marion Bartoli

One of my favorite players, Marion Bartoli, was thrilled to hit with her hero, 14-time Major winner Pete Sampras, at the 2012 Bank of the West Classic. Here, at the 2012 Mercury Insurance Open she talks about how much she treasured that experience…and how Serena Williams crashed the party!

Pete Sampras and Marion Bartoli

---Bruce Lee

Old 07-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #146

more pics and video on my blog: Dominika Cibulkova Wins 2012 Mercury Insurance Open at Carlsbad | Fairways and Forehands

Dominika Cibulkova

Dominika Cibulkova defeated Marion Bartoli 6-1 7-5 to win the 2012 Mercury Insurance Open at Carlsbad. With the victory, Dominika wins her 2nd WTA singles title, moving to #13 in the new WTA rankings, one spot short of her highest ranking (#12) all-time. Marion had her chance to turn the match around. After Dominika blitzed her in the first set, Bartoli came back and led 4-1 in the second. But Cibulkova caught fire again to win 6 of the next 7 games, denying the top-seed Bartoli. To celebrate her win, Dominika rode the water slide at La Costa Resort in her tennis outfit.

Dominika Cibulkova

Marion Bartoli

---Bruce Lee