Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #131

Ana Ivanovic behind the scenes video from her photo-shoot for Vanidades Magazine:

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #132

BKB
Ouch....that doesn't even look like Ana with all the make-up.

We don't get much tennis coverage and it's hard to know when she's playing and there are no WTA events in the PNW.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #133

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
BKB
Ouch....that doesn't even look like Ana with all the make-up.

We don't get much tennis coverage and it's hard to know when she's playing and there are no WTA events in the PNW.
I agree...even though I knew it was a cover shoot...I still checked the dress against the one in the video to make sure it was her...she looks great in the video...as always...

...I hope she plays well at Roland Garros...she has to finish players off when she has them down...lost in straight sets to Sharapova in Rome but had Masha down in both sets...
Old 05-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #134
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
I really enjoy this thread. I can keep up with ladies tennis and what the ladies do besides playing. I got into tennis long time ago, when Mexico had some solid players. Rafael Osuna was the best Mexican player; he died in a plane crash. There were two ladies, real short, who made it to the finals of Wimbledon (I do not remember if they won or lost, but it was a big deal in Mexico). Way later, Raul Ramirez reached the elite, and had a chance to reach the top, but never got there. As a consolation prize he married a former Miss Universe from Venezuela. I played tennis in High School, but the big guys, told me I was playing a sissy sport and I switched to Lacrosse. On the long run, a mistake, because no one in Mexico even knew what Lacrosse was and tennis was hot. But I was not good enough to play with good players of either sex. In consolation, at that time I had money, I built one of the first paddle tennis courts in Mexico and had a blast for years. Paddle tennis neutralizes talent a lot. So players of different levels can still have a good match. A great way to spend a lazy week-end.
This thread has strengthen my interest in the sport where interest was diminishing. Now, sometimes I even take the time to watch matches in TV. Some of my favorites’ from a while back: Sabbatini (I had a huge crush for such sexy player), Cappriati (sp?), Sales, Higgins, and then the Williams sisters that revolutionize the sport.
BTW. Vanidades is a Mexican magazine. I did not know it had a USA edition.

Last edited by Elf; 05-24-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #135

I thought when you were in High School, your building collapsed and hit you on the head!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #136
Elf

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
I thought when you were in High School, your building collapsed and hit you on the head!
LOL. That was in primary school in Acapulco. Huge earthquake and a very fat teacher. The door of the school room open to the inside and she could not open it because all the kids were pressing her against the door. As we eventually got out with the roof collapsing, we, or at least I, watched an unforgettable impacting scene: all teachers and most of the kids crying were on their knees, some kissing the ground, others praying. I was scared, so much, that I got sick: the shakes, high temperature and so on. Two good things happened: I missed school for a week and learned to love my father, who comforted me for a week without telling me I was chicken.
Now, when there is an earthquake, I am tranquil and assist, ot try, to help others. It took a loooong time to develop that attitude.
You have good memory "db"

Last edited by Elf; 05-24-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #137

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
DB, nice to know that you're into women tennis as well. Who is your Morgen Pressel of WTA?
18majors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #138
Elf

Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
DB, nice to know that you're into women tennis as well. Who is your Morgen Pressel of WTA?
18majors: db does not know about tennis. Once he found about "love" means nothing of the kind to the tennis players, and they make a lot of noise because they keep raising their rackets; he moved to the LPGA. But to answer your question: Li Na.
She does not have the body or the strenght of the top players nowdays; but she has the winning spirt and the determination of a champion.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #139

Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Oh...I like Tennis 18M. I play with some friends once in a while. I don't have a particular Morgan Pressel of WTA...but I like Maria Sharapova. When I started watching women tennis, Steffi Graf was the dominant player and I liked when she was playing...then she married Andre Agassi and that's when I lost my interest on her! lol
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #140

This is not Roland Garros related...in tennis, the outfits the players (especially high profile players like Sharapova and Ivanovic) wear are often given their own launch...it's big money...even when I was a kid, I had to have those Ivan Lendl adidas argyle design shirts...but anyway, what is interesting about Ana's unveiling of her Wimbledon line is that she also debuted what she will wear in the Olympics...I bring it up because the all-England club will host the Olympic tennis competition but relax the white only color rule...which I wish they would abolish at Wimbledon as well...

Ana's Wimbledon outfit

Her Olympic outfit

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 06-05-2012 at 05:20 AM.