Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #121

I want that Rolex signed by Ana.
Someone pls teach Ana how to play golf....LPGA in 3 yrs????

BKB
Do you know if Ana and Adam Scott are still dating?...I believe...no.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #122

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
Someone pls teach Ana how to play golf....LPGA in 3 yrs????
Wouldn't that be akin to giving up your job as the starting shortstop on the New York Yankees in order to accept a back-up utility infielder role on the New Britain Rock Cats ?...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 05-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #123

Adam Scott, Ana Ivanovic at 2011 President's Cup

They had broken up, but last year seemed to be back together at the end of the year. At the moment, I don't know.

Ana with Jessica Yang (wife of Y.E. Yang) and Angie Watson (wife of Bubba Watson), 2011 President's Cup

Ana and Kim Choi watching Adam Scott and K.J. Choi

Ana of Serbia wears the Australian flag...hmmm...wonder why? (Adam Scott)

Adam was at the 2012 Australian Open (tennis) rooting for Ana

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 05-16-2012 at 08:16 AM.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #124

more pics and videos on my blog: Li Na, Ana Ivanovic Advance In Second Round Of Rome 2012; Victoria Azarenka Out With Shoulder Injury,Caroline Wozniacki Retires From Match With Illness | Fairways and Forehands

Li Na

Li Na survived trailing 3-5 in the second set of her match against Iveta Benesova to advance 6-1 7-5 in the second round of Rome 2012. Li Na is in a very curious place at the moment. She started her year off playing much better than she did after winning Roland Garros last year, but lost a tough 3 set final against Victoria Azarenka in Sydney and then blew 4 straight match points in the round of 16 against Kim Clijsters at the 2012 Australian Open. Right now, she comes into Rome 2012 with 4 straight quarterfinal appearances (Indian Wells, Miami, Stuttgart and Madrid). The last two were 3 setters against Agnieszka Radwanska and Vika. So she is playing very well, but she just hasn’t been able to get that win to propel her to the semifinals or final like she started the year. Of course, that’s easier said than done. Other than a retirement in Paris, the rest of her losses have come twice to Vika and once each to Kim Clijsters, Maria Sharapova, Agnieszka Radwanska and the rising star Angelique Kerber. It would be nice to see a breakthrough at Rome…or maybe even better than that, successfully defending her title at Roland Garros.

Caroline Wozniacki

It was too bad to see Caroline Wozniacki have to retire from her match against Anabel Medina Garrigues. With all due respect to Garrigues, seeing Caroline trailing 4-6 0-4 would suggest the former #1 was in no shape to compete. Wozniacki said she had a fever and a sore throat, triggered by allergies. Hopefully, she will be 100% for Roland Garros. She plays so many tournaments, maybe it will be good for her to take a rest. Call me crazy, but I think Wozniacki might just make her Major breakthrough at Roland Garros. Is she my top pick? No. But along with Vika, Masha and Serena, I would make her one of my top 4 picks, even above Francesca Schiavone, who has made two straight finals, winning in 2010. Speaking of Roland Garros winners, it was nice to see Ana Ivanovic also move on easily in the second round of Rome 2012. She is another who has played fairly well this year, but needs a breakthrough win.

Victoria Azarenka

The biggest loss of the day was Victoria Azarenka, pulling out with a shoulder injury after beating Shahar Peer. She played great against Peer, never facing a break point. There was some talk that she had a sore shoulder in Madrid last week, but she made no excuses (nor should she have) for her loss to Serena Williams there. With the withdrawal, Dominika Cibulkova moves through the 3rd round on a walkover.

Agnieszka Radwanska

Maria Sharapova

Singles - Third Round
(14) Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) d. (1) Victoria Azarenka (BLR) w/o (right shoulder injury)

Singles - Second Round
(1) Victoria Azarenka (BLR) d. Shahar Peer (ISR) 61 62
Petra Cetkovska (CZE) d. (3) Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 64 46 61
(5) Samantha Stosur (AUS) d. Sara Errani (ITA) 63 75
Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) d. (6) Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 64 40 ret. (upper respiratory illness)
Julia Goerges (GER) d. (7) Marion Bartoli (FRA) 63 61
(8) Li Na (CHN) d. Iveta Benesova (CZE) 61 75
(9) Serena Williams (USA) d. Nadia Petrova (RUS) 46 62 63
(12) Angelique Kerber (GER) d. Vania King (USA) 63 62
(13) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) d. (Q) Sílvia Soler-Espinosa (ESP) 62 61
(14) Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) d. (WC) Karin Knapp (ITA) 63 46 61
Flavia Pennetta (ITA) d. (Q) Sloane Stephens (USA) 62 63
Sorana Cirstea (ROU) d. Sofia Arvidsson (SWE) 63 61
Chanelle Scheepers (RSA) d. Marina Erakovic (NZL) 57 61 62
(WC) Venus Williams (USA) d. Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) 76(7) 61

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 05-16-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #125

more pics and video on my blog: Maria Sharapova Defeats Ana Ivanovic, Reaches Quarterfinals Of Rome 2012 | Fairways and Forehands

Maria Sharapova

These are the matches I love and hate. I love seeing two of my favorite players, Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic, get matched up in a big tournament. What I hate is when it happens in an earlier round. But that’s the way it happened at Rome 2012 and it was Masha, the highest seed left after Victoria Azarenka’s withdrawal, getting past Ana, 7-6 (4) 6-3. Unnfortunately for Ana, it was the type of match fans like me have seen her lose all too often. She was up in the first set 5-3 and held 6 set points. She was up 3-1 in the second set. All of those advantageous positions were squandered en route to a straight set loss. The final score doesn’t always tell the story with Ana. It’s how she sometimes lets potential wins slip away. After a few thin years, Ana is right on the verge of turning a corner and maybe getting back to being a top 5 type player. But she has to close out top players when she has them down.

Masha

Ana Ivanovic

Singles – Third Round
(2) Maria Sharapova (RUS) d. (13) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) 76(4) 63
(4) Petra Kvitova (CZE) d. Sorana Cirstea (ROU) 62 57 62
(WC) Venus Williams (USA) d. (5) Samantha Stosur (AUS) 64 63
(8) Li Na (CHN) d. Chanelle Scheepers (RSA) 76(3) 62
(9) Serena Williams (USA) d. Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) 63 61
(12) Angelique Kerber (GER) d. Julia Goerges (GER) 64 61
Flavia Pennetta (ITA) d. Petra Cetkovska (CZE) 60 61

---Bruce Lee

Old 05-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #126

more pics and video on my blog: Maria Sharapova, Li Na Advance To Rome 2012 Semifinals; Angelique Kerber and Serena Williams Await | Fairways and Forehands

Maria Sharapova

In the final of Madrid 2012, Maria Sharapova took on a Williams Sister and was left feeling as blue as the clay gracing the court. In the quarterfinals of Rome 2012, Masha took on another Williams Sister but this time was able to defeat Venus in straight sets, 6-4 6-3. It was a necessary win for Masha. A loss to Serena is one thing. But falling to Venus would have really raised some red flags going into Roland Garros. Up next is Angelique Kerber, this year’s rising star. They have played twice this year, with each player winning once. Kerber won their most recent match. So this will be a test for Masha. For Venus, I feel for her. She’s battling Sjogren’s syndrome and isn’t the player she once was. That said, I will not sleep on her ability to do well in Paris and especially at Wimbledon, where she has won the singles title 5 times.

Li Na

In a post a couple of days ago, I pointed out how Li Na had a quarterfinal streak going but needed a breakthrough to go farther. Well, with all due respect to Dominika Cibulkova this win for Li Na is not what I had in mind. Beating Dominka 6-1 7-6 (4) is a good, solid win. But I can’t help but think the opponent would have been Victoria Azarenka had she not withdrawn with an injury. So reaching the semis breaks the quarters streak for Li Na, but the real test…maybe the ultimate test…comes next in the person of Serena Williams. While Serena, not surprisingly, leads their head-to head 5 to 1, three of those matches went 3 sets. Also, in the last three wins for Serena, Li Na forced her to have to win 7 games in set four times. Li Na plays Serena very tough. But playing tough and winning are two different things. It would be an enormous confidence boost if the 2011 Roland Garros champion can take out Serena.

Singles – Quarterfinals
(2) Maria Sharapova (RUS) d. (WC) Venus Williams (USA) 64 63
(12) Angelique Kerber (GER) d. (4) Petra Kvitova (CZE) 76(2) 16 61
(8) Li Na (CHN) d. (14) Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) 61 76(4)
(9) Serena Williams (USA) d. Flavia Pennetta (ITA) 40 ret. (right wrist injury)

Masha

Li Na

Serena Williams

Angelique Kerber

---Bruce Lee

Old 05-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #127

from my blog: Serena Williams Withdraws From Rome 2012 With Back Injury | Fairways and Forehands

Serena Williams and Li Na

The highly anticipated semifinal between Serena Williams and Li Na at Rome 2012 will not take place as Serena Williams has withdrawn from the tournament with a back injury. While disappointing for Serena and the fans, this should not affect her for Roland Garros. In fact, her withdrawal is to give her back more time to rest prior to Paris. This is the second time Li Na has benefited from a withdrawal as she faced Dominika Cibulkova instead of potentially Victoria Azarenka in the quarterfinals due to Vika withdrawing. Li Na now gets a walkover into the final to face the winner of Maria Sharapova vs Angelique Kerber.

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 05-19-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #128

more pics and video on my blog: Maria Sharapova Defeats Angelique Kerber In Rome 2012 Semifinals, Will Face Li Na In Final | Fairways and Forehands

Maria Sharapova

It’s been a great 2012 so far for Angelique Kerber. When the rankings are published on Monday, she will be in the top 10 for the first time. Her great ascent, similar to what her German countrywoman Andrea Petkovic did last year, has been built on victories over players like Li Na, Marion Bartoli, Jelena Jankovic and Venus Williams. She has two wins in 2012 against former #1 Caroline Wozniacki. Going into the Rome 2012 semifinals against Maria Sharapova, she had the confidence of splitting their two meetings this year, winning the last match in Paris (hardcourt). It wasn’t to be on the red clay of Rome. Masha came out focused as ever, with her serve working…a tough combination for any opponent to face. The result was a 6-3 6-4 straight set victory for Sharapova. Masha wasn’t really hitting a lot of aces, but her serve was hard and well placed, earning her several service winners (for those that don’t follow tennis, a service winner means the opponent was able to get their racquet on the ball but not return it in bounds as opposed to an ace that goes by the opponent without being touched). She was also strong off the ground, ripping laser backhands. Basically, Masha just overpowered Angelique.

So now Sharapova has an opportunity in the final to successfully defend her title. Trying to prevent her from winning back to back Rome championships will be Li Na. As a result of Serena Williams pulling out with a lower back injury, Li Na received a walkover into the final. I have said for a few posts that Li had a quarterfinal streak going coming into Rome but needed a big win to push her further. Well, now she has advanced to a final, breaking the quarterfinal wall, but I still think she could use a big win going into her defense of her Roland Garros crown next week. She avoided potentially playing Victoria Azarenka when Vika withdrew before her match with Dominika Cibulkova. She also avoided playing Serena when Williams also pulled out. A win over Masha would be big…and not just because one of her former coaches left her over a year ago to work with Sharapova, especially since that coach had told Li Na he was leaving because he didn’t want to travel anymore…but then hooked up with Masha! Of course, Li Na really has already exacted a little revenge for that, defeating Masha on her way to winning Roland Garros last year, the first singles Major victory for a Chinese player…or any player from an Asian country, for that matter (Michael Chang is a born and raised American!). But Masha has had a little help, too. Last year’s Rome title came with Victoria Azarenka retiring with an injury in their quarterfinal match, although to be fair Masha did then go on to beat then-number 1 Caroline Wozniacki and then Samantha Stosur. But if she wins again in Rome, she will also benefit from not having to face Vika or Serena. Still, Masha has less to prove than Li Na. Wins over Kerber, Ana Ivanovic and potentially Li Na would make a solid championship resume. Plus, Sharapova did break through and beat Vika at Stuttgart, winning a shiny new Porsche 911 in the process. Li Na doesn’t have a title since Roland Garros last year. She definitely needs the boost more than Masha.

Singles - Semifinals
(2) Maria Sharapova (RUS) d. (12) Angelique Kerber (GER) 63 64
(8) Li Na (CHN) d. (9) Serena Williams (USA) w/o (low back injury)

Masha

Angelique Kerber

---Bruce Lee

Old 05-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #129

more pics and video on my blog: Maria Sharapova Wins Rome 2012 In Comeback Fashion Over Li Na | Fairways and Forehands

Maria Sharapova

In a final that featured a little bit of everything, Maria Sharapova successfully defended her title at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia winning the Rome 2012 championship 4-6 6-4 7-6 (5). There were huge momentum shifts, brilliant shot-making, not so brilliant errors and even rain delays. Li Na came out on fire, while Masha was shaky with her serves. The 2011 Roland Garros champion built a 6-4 4-0 lead and looked to have Sharapova ready to pack for Paris. But no matter how awful things are going for Masha, and they were pretty awful midway through the second set, it is extremely rare to see her give up, unless she has something physically wrong with her. Mentally, there are few tougher than Sharapova. On the other hand, Li Na has been known to have huge mental swings if you press her. And Masha did. Pulling together one of the greatest comebacks I’ve seen this year under championship conditions, Masha stormed back to win the final 6 games of the second set to go from 0-4 to 6-4. When Li Na was building her lead I sat thinking it was the best I’ve seen her play since the Austalian Open and Roland Garros in 2011. When Masha pressed her and her game went astray, she looked like she didn’t quite have any answers.

Li Na

During a changeover at 4-3, her husband/coach came on court, in part telling her to believe in herself. By this time, Sharapova was rolling and broke early in the final set to go up 2-0 and then broke again for 4-1. Li Na was having to come up with spectacular shots just to win points, having lost 10 of the previous 11 games. However, Li Na would not quit. She broke Sharapova to pull to 2-4, but still one break down. After holding serve, Li Na broke Masha again to come back from the brink of defeat to even the final set at 4-4. With Li serving at 5-5 30-all, the rain became so hard, the players were forced to stop playing. They stayed on court and resumed quickly as the red clay can absorb some water. But at 6-6, with a championship deciding tie-break about to start, the rain became so severe the players were forced off the court as the stadium was cleared. Before I get to that, Li Na had match point up 6-5 in the set with Sharapova serving down a break point chance after a missed overhead at the net. Li couldn’t convert and Masha capitalized. When play resumed after the rain delay, Masha was able to outlast Li Na 7-5 in the breaker.

It was a fantastic match for both players, but in the end despite reaching the final I don’t know if Li Na really was able to get that breakthrough win she needs this year. She’s getting closer and closer. Counting her out to play well at Roland Garros would definitely be a mistake. For Masha, not having to face Vika or Serena might take some luster off this championship for some. However, she had to get through an improving Ana Ivanovic, maybe the fourth best player this year in Angelique Kerber and a revitalized Li Na. That’s a pretty good run of victories. And let’s not forget she beat Vika the last time they played, which was in the Stuttgart final. Anything can happen is tennis. A top ranked player can lose in the first round. That said, I have to favor Maria and Serena going into Roland Garros. Of course, I need to wait to see the draw to see if they are on opposite sides and if they run into somebody who gives them problems. Besides Serena, I think the only player Masha would want to avoid until the final would be Vika, but since they are ranked #1 and #2, they will automatically be on opposite sides of the draw. I think Caroline Wozniacki is potentially a tough match-up for Serena, having beaten her in Miami and taking her to 3 sets in Madrid.

Singles – Final
(2) Maria Sharapova (RUS) d. (8) Li Na (CHN) 46 64 76(5)

Masha

Li Na

with past Roland Garros champions Yannick Noah and Mary Pierce

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 05-21-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #130

from my blog: Wilson Tennis Sponsors “Win A Court Date With Petra Kvitova” | Fairways and Forehands

Petra Kvitova, 2011 Wimbledon Champion

Wilson Tennis is sponsoring a chance to win a court date with Petra Kvitova, 2011 Wimbledon Ladies Singles Champion. I’m not sure what a “court date” means exactly. On face value, I would assume you get a chance to play tennis with Petra. But in the video she also mentions dinner with a gentleman, so is there more? I assume it’s publicity, but even so if you are a Petra fan and want to meet her and spend some nice time with her, here you go. Petra is attached, though. Keep that in mind. She caused a bit of a stir on some tennis forums when she started dating her boyfriend, Adam Pavlasek, when she was 21 and he was 16. Petra is now 22 while Adam is 17. Both are tennis players. Not to leave out the ladies, Wilson Tennis is also including a chance to win a court date with Feliciano Lopez. Lopez is the player for whom Andy Murray’s mom, Judy Murray, coined the word “deliciano”. To enter go toe the Wilson Tennis Facebook Page: It’s A Court Date!

Petra Kvitova

with her boyfriend, Adam

Feliciano Lopez

---Bruce Lee