Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

View Poll Results: Who's the best dressed player?
Cristie Kerr 2 6.90%
Paula Creamer 1 3.45%
Ai Miyazato 2 6.90%
Michelle Wie 3 10.34%
Suzann Pettersen 5 17.24%
Belen Mozo 2 6.90%
Sandra Gal 2 6.90%
Natalie Gulbis 1 3.45%
I.K. Kim 1 3.45%
Paige Mackenzie 1 3.45%
Rickie Fowler 0 0%
Momoko Ueda 1 3.45%
Who cares? 4 13.79%
I'm offended that this is even being asked. 0 0%
Write in someone else. 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #21
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by cleo View Post
I haven't checked out enough of the girls attire on tour to make a pick but Pettersen did look quite spiffy last Sunday.
In no particularl order: Michelle Wie, S. Pettersen, Jennifer Rosales, Se Ri Pak, Paula Creamer, and of course Grace Park. Last in my list in that order (from WORST to so-so) C. Kim, L. Davies and Shin.
BTW, to get and idea of others opinions and check some dresses, I googled, and guess what I got as first hit? Blue post about it. Nice going Blue and Rusty.

Last edited by Elf; 08-24-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #22
Forum Moderator

First votes for JRo and Se Ri, two players who dress off the grid not with stuff from a major manufacturer like Adidas or Nike.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #23

Those young ladies (and guys, too) who have contracts with clothing companies have no say in what they are wearing each day at a tournament.
It's easy to tell who has contracts.....look at the logos on their shirts; and every logo means $$$.....thats why they all look like walking billboards.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #24
Forum Moderator

I heard Rickie Fowler on the Golf Channel say that they was only "scripted", meaning the precise items are selected, for majors and he gets to pick out anything from the Puma, in his case, collection for regular tournaments. Do you think this is true for other players and other companies?

Last edited by Blue; 08-25-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #25

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I heard Rickie Fowler on the Golf Channel that they was only "scripted", meaning the precise items are selected, for majors and he gets to pick out anything from the Puma, in his case, collection for regular tournaments. Do you think this is true for other players and other companies?
My hunch would be that it's pretty common, as long as the company logo is prominent. Just a guess on my part, but it would seem to make sense.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #26

As someone who is plus sized. I am more interested in the best dressed plus sized men and women players. My votes have been for Meg Mallon and Laura Davies. But it is difficult to find clothes at any price that are designed for the most common sized men and women golfers. Most of the women's clothes I see are cheap and medium quality men's pants and shirts with the collars and fly reversed. Most big men's sizes are just expanded small style sizes done with a computer. And the shoulders and waists don't fit right.
neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #27

I really like LD and my vote goes for her as best dressed for a larger woman.

The worst dressed was Becky Iverson...as a female spectator said....did Walmart have a sale on T-shirts and khaki shorts?
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #28

Agree with you there Mr.3 - Iverson NEVER wore anything but t-shirts and they did nothing for her - just because you're "larger" doesn't mean you can't find nice clothes - of course being sponsored by "BirdsEye" isn't really conducive to fashion.

LD always dresses nicely, and it's great that they finally started to make her "signature" vest as part of the actual shirt.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #29

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
Agree with you there Mr.3 - Iverson NEVER wore anything but t-shirts and they did nothing for her - just because you're "larger" doesn't mean you can't find nice clothes - of course being sponsored by "BirdsEye" isn't really conducive to fashion.

LD always dresses nicely, and it's great that they finally started to make her "signature" vest as part of the actual shirt.
Putter
Ya...I forgot to mention LD's vests....I give her lots of kudos for wearing the vests even in extremely hot weather.

I must admit I don't follow LD much nowadays....I use to in the 90's but the good looking pro talent pool has grown substantially since then...so they are getting my attention.

Are you picking Paige in your local golf pool?....if yes...can you stop it please....you're sending bad karma....she missed the cut in a 'home' game last wk and had a poor rd today.....thx.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 AM   #30

Sorry Mr.3 - I didn't pick Paige this week, mainly because of her play LAST week. Don't know what's up with her - isn't very consistant.

You mentioned about LD's vests - used to be that she'd wear the "sweater" variety over her golf shirt, but now the "vest" is actually sewn onto the shirt in the same material - not nearly as hot as it would have been in the past. The whole thing is one piece.

Unlike yourself I don't follow players because of how they dress or what "attractiveness pool their in, but - as they say in Mirabel, "c'est la vie!" Geez, and I said my High School French would never come in handy!