Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2015, 11:37 AM   #1
Contest Statistician

Where are the Rousey Fans

I don't know if anyone watched the Fight but Rousey was systematically taken apart.

What does everyone have to say now?
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #2

Are you happy she lost,X?

I don't care either way,win or lose,as I think there's something a little unseemly about women knocking the shit out of each other.

I get the feeling,in some quarters,there's a kind of quiet satisfaction,like she's been taken down a peg or two.I don't really follow the sport,but that's the impression I'm getting from this fight's aftermath.

UFC will be salivating about the rematch,though...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 11-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #3

I'm the guy who always starts Ronda threads but dudes, really...I'm working on it. Shouldn't this be in the Anything section, not covering up Bo-Mee's win in the Other Tours section? Just sayin'...but I'm a little busy right now live-tweeting with other Eagles fans during the game...while simultaneously watching Fed Cup (tennis always comes first for me)...and I blogged about Bo-Mee's win...and I run a football pool on Sunday...a little busy on Sunday guys...just give me some time and I'll share my thoughts on Ronda

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:37 PM   #4

BTW, my twitter handle is iambangkokbobby

If the Eagles lose, you can come give me a hard time...I love my Eagles, but being a Philly sports fan has conditioned me to take a good poking about my teams...don't even get me started about the Sixers...oy!

I am posting under the #FlyEaglesFly hashtag

---Bruce Lee

Old 11-15-2015, 01:42 PM   #5

BKB,I didn't even notice what section it was in until you mentioned it.

I've exercised my mod powers (lulz!!!) and moved it to the 'Anything' section...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 11-15-2015, 01:47 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
BKB,I didn't even notice what section it was in until you mentioned it.

I've exercised my mod powers (lulz!!!) and moved it to the 'Anything' section...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Your mod powers are impressive...certainly, you are not a muggle!

...clearly, I'm giddy because my Eagles are rolling for once!!

...Ronda was rolling too last night...if you count rolling around dazed on the mat...but more on that this evening, I have a lot of work to do before I post about that

---Bruce Lee

Old 11-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #7
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
Are you happy she lost,X?

I don't care either way,win or lose,as I think there's something a little unseemly about women knocking the shit out of each other.

I get the feeling,in some quarters,there's a kind of quiet satisfaction,like she's been taken down a peg or two.I don't really follow the sport,but that's the impression I'm getting from this fight's aftermath.

UFC will be salivating about the rematch,though...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Actually Yes. I am not a big fan, and not really into 2 women beating the crap out of it other, but for some reason I wanted her to lose. Ok, you should not be remaking Road House.

Not sure if anyone watched the actual fight ( I watched a replay), but she showed that she had lots of holes in her game.

She can't take a punch from a real boxer and she could not defend herself. For the first time someone took her out of what she wanted to do. After the first round she looked dead tired.

And then that final kick to the head. Out cold.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #8
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by bangkokbobby View Post
Your mod powers are impressive...certainly, you are not a muggle!

...clearly, I'm giddy because my Eagles are rolling for once!!

...Ronda was rolling too last night...if you count rolling around dazed on the mat...but more on that this evening, I have a lot of work to do before I post about that
Eagles are now behind in the 4th Qtr. And it appears Sanchez is at QB, not sure why, I missed the 3rd.

However the giants should lose today against Tom Brady. The Washington (insert racist name here) are destroying the Saints.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #9
Contest Statistician

Not sure where I started the thread.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:28 PM   #10

more pics and video on my blog: Holly Holm Knocks Out Ronda Rousey At UFC 193, Wins UFC Women’s Bantamweight Title

Ronda Rousey Knocked Out

Stubborn. There are a lot of words to describe Ronda Rousey. Talented. Powerful. Fierce. Confident. Champion. Well, she’s no longer the UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion after being knocked out by Holly Holm at UFC 193. With all due respect to Holly, the focus of my post will be Ronda. There will be plenty to say about Holm in the coming weeks and months as a rematch seems all but inevitable. But the sports world is buzzing because the seemingly invincible Rousey was thoroughly and completely outmatched. This wasn’t some flash knockout where it was a close fight or Ronda was winning and was caught by a big shot. From the opening bell she was bloodied, bruised and beaten. This is not revisionist history. I told anybody who would listen to me that Ronda would be knocked out.

I felt that fighters like Miesha Tate showed that Ronda was susceptible to being hit. Rousey often “drops” her hands after throwing a punch. She doesn’t move her head side to side. She stands too straight up. Ronda, while being the best on the ground, is just not a very good boxer. But unlike Miesha, Holly Holm would stay off the mat and be disciplined, whereas Miesha squandered her advantage by trying to shoot and take down Rousey. As I said, Ronda’s striking defense was only 52%. Add that to the fact that Holly, a multiple boxing Female Fighter of the Year winner, was the most dangerous striker she ever faced in the Octagon…it’s a recipe for disaster. Then there’s that word I used to describe Ronda: stubborn. I just had a feeling that Rousey is so confident…so overconfident…about her abilities as a fighter that she would try to box with a world champion boxer. Training with the great Lucia Rijker isn’t the same as being in the ring against somebody in their prime trying to take your head off. Holly just picked Ronda apart with an assortment of left hands and elbows. She even threw in some oblique kicks. Ronda made the terrible mistake of chasing a tall boxer with a better punch. She seemed desperate, at one point throwing a wild haymaker punch that ended up with her connecting with nothing but air, falling and stumbling into the gate as Holly slipped the blow like a pro.

The Kick Heard 'Round The World

Everybody will talk about the kick that ended the fight (yes, Holly threw a few more punches with Ronda on the mat, but Rousey was already done). However, it was yet another left hand that hurt Ronda, causing her to put both hands on the mat before bouncing back up, before the kick. Not only was it a mistake to try to box with a world champion boxer, but this was also a southpaw boxer. Even professional boxers have to adjust for southpaws. For somebody like Ronda who only in recent years started serious boxing training…she just can’t stand and trade strikes with Holm. I know Holly was using her movement to keep Ronda both at a distance and chasing. Still, in a rematch I can’t see Ronda not changing her approach and working on ways to get in and try to shoot. But then again, Ronda’s ego might be so bruised right now that she will want to show the world that she can beat Holly at her own game in a rematch. Like I said, she’s stubborn.

Rounda Rousey

I’m f***in’ stoked. F*** Ronda Rousey. F*** her and her “Nobody has the right to beat me.” Nobody has the right to beat you? Well you just got beat, b***h. – Miesha Tate

Ronda predicted how she could lose (warning: adult language due to funny editing of expletive laced reaction): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC1yd60jc2g

You just knew it would happen whenever Ronda suffered her first loss…and in MMA even the greatest fighters suffer multiple losses. The people who were often in Rousey’s verbal crosshairs are now having their day. The fans who at one time liked her brashness but grew tired of her arrogance are now celebrating. I have no problem with either side. Sure, one could choose to be the bigger person right now. I would choose to do so. But if somebody chooses to go after Ronda verbally now, that’s fine. If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it in return. Things like not showing sportsmanship with a simple handshake, well…it’s Ronda’s choice. Just know she’s going to get that work from people when the tables turn. Miesha Tate and Cyborg, probably Ronda’s two biggest targets, are coming at her today. Let them have their say. Rousey certainly spent lots of time talking smack about them.

HOLLY HOLM def. Ronda Rousey via 2nd Round KO (Head Kick)

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 11-15-2015 at 05:32 PM.