Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #1

Van Halen Returns (Finally!)

Ok, yes there was already a 2007 Reunion Tour, but there was no new album to go along with it. After years of talk and rumors, finally Van Halen will release new material (along with two old bootleg favorites) on "A Different Kind of Truth", an album schedule for release on 2.7.12. The first single, "Tattoo", will be released 1.10.12, which is tomorrow at the time I'm typing this. The album song list is:

01. Tattoo
02. She's The Woman
03. You And Your Blues
04. China Town
05. Blood And Fire
06. Bullethead
07. As Is
08. Honeybabysweetiedoll
09. The Trouble With Never
10. Outta Space
11. Stay Frosty
12. Big River
13. Beats Workin'

I don't know how many VH fans come through here...but hardcore fans surely recognize the song, "She's The Woman"...an old bootleg favorite. They will have to tweak the bridge section, as they used it for the song "Mean Street" but otherwise, here is that song:

"Bullethead" is also the title of an old bootleg favorite, but I haven't heard a performance of the new version to see if they took the name and tune or just the name. I heard the Cafe Wha? version of "She's The Woman" and know it's the same song.

Van Halen played at Cafe Wha? for a select crowd (including tennis star and old friend of Eddie's, John McEnroe) and from all accounts, they were rockin'!

VH1: Van Halen Dazzles During Intimate Reunion Concert At Cafe Wha? | VH1 Tuner

Grantland: The Incredibly, Insanely, Undeniably Awesome Return of Van Halen - Hollywood Prospectus Blog

Any VH fan who has endured all the drama around this band knows not to count anything as a done deal until you see it, so I waited until the day before "Tattoo" is suppose to launch to post this (it's slow in the forum these days before the season starts, so what the hey). If for some reason "Tattoo" doesn't launch tomorrow...ai ya! Not more drama...

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 01-10-2012 at 01:15 AM.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #2

So, no need to worry...Van Halen is truly back...

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote