Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 01:21 AM   #11
Contest Statistician

Send a message via Yahoo to DJGOLFER59
I dont know, I like the rawness aspect, I like the powerful theme, but I still dont think the pics are that good.

However I still think its a better campaign then anything the LPGA has ever done.
DJGOLFER59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #12

I did like the "These Girls Rock" campaign the LPGA once advertised. I still occasionally reference that phrase when writing about the LPGA.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #13
NTB

Originally Posted by bangkokbobby View Post
I did like the "These Girls Rock" campaign the LPGA once advertised. I still occasionally reference that phrase when writing about the LPGA.
BKB I never did like these girls rock.. I thought it was stupid as it only related to
the very young kids. People who buy the tickets and still play the game mostly
can't relate to "Rock"..
My opinion..
Old 05-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #14
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
"These girls Rock" was not bad, I liked it. But it has nothing to do with the quality of the campaign that you just posted. Besides in this campaign you can even relate with most of the short statements by each of the participants with the possible exception of the Williams sister. It is fun, its moving and it is beautiful.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #15

What about the "I Swing Like a Girl" ads of some time ago. I kind of liked them. I can't remember if they were LPGA ads or for some product?

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #16
NTB

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
What about the "I Swing Like a Girl" ads of some time ago. I kind of liked them. I can't remember if they were LPGA ads or for some product?

Viva Annika
Now your getting personal.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #17

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post

Viva Annika
I think the I Swing like a Girl ads were USGA.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #18

Originally Posted by Elf View Post
"These girls Rock" was not bad, I liked it. But it has nothing to do with the quality of the campaign that you just posted. Besides in this campaign you can even relate with most of the short statements by each of the participants with the possible exception of the Williams sister. It is fun, its moving and it is beautiful.
I can see your point. In my mind I can picture the Strong Is Beautiful campaign but with Suzann Pettersen in slow motion hitting a ball of a tee with the powder to emphasize the impact and Suzann in a gown, maybe a voice over by her too. That would look good.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #19
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
I can see your point. In my mind I can picture the Strong Is Beautiful campaign but with Suzann Pettersen in slow motion hitting a ball of a tee with the powder to emphasize the impact and Suzann in a gown, maybe a voice over by her too. That would look good.
Great!!!!. The LPGA is hot about promoting Lady golfers donating money (including now with RR Donellly, by force) and going to hospitals, and teaching little brats the technique of golf. Thats all very nice, but.... boring. Get Suzann, as you say (slow motion, gown, etc.), and let her talk about her physical ability and why Golf is the sport. There are plenty of golfers that could create excitment, from Grace Park to Laura Davies to some of the beautiful new comers. Short bios are a hell of a lot more interesting for the fans that knowing a Korean gave money to poor mexicans little brats. By far it is more interesting how the Korean made it to the top. And it helps if she shows a little bit of anything. LOL.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #20

I can't understand why people think that there's any kind of correlation between women's tennis and women's golf.

One is a fast-paced sport where finely-honed athletes display a combination of power,athleticism and grace.

The other isn't.

Go on,guess which one's which...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X