Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #1

Shark Shootout..Last Place $'s

I looked at last year's Shark Shootout to see what was paid to last place and it was a nice little $72,500 for each team member.

That $72,500 is about 5th place in the Walmart which has a total purse of $2,000,000.

No wonder there is a temptation for golfers, who actually have no business playing in the Shark Shootout, to play in that event. All they have to do is show up, play 3 rounds of stress free, mostly hit and giggle golf, take last place money, as did Annika in 2006, although she "only won" $65,000 and be happy.

http://www.franklintempletonshootout..._summaries.php

Last edited by gxer; 10-03-2011 at 10:36 AM.
gxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #2

Thumbs up

That's just "chump change" for Annika. If she were to be placed on the PGA career money list today, she would be 25th. Of course she hasn't played in a couple of years and the guys are still playing...for lots more money and many more tournaments. So she has done pretty good. And we don't know how many millions she has made in sponsor money and appearence fees. Maybe Lexi will catch her. Who knows?

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #3

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
That's just "chump change" for Annika. If she were to be placed on the PGA career money list today, she would be 25th. Of course she hasn't played in a couple of years and the guys are still playing...for lots more money and many more tournaments. So she has done pretty good. And we don't know how many millions she has made in sponsor money and appearence fees. Maybe Lexi will catch her. Who knows?

Viva Annika
OK, I'll bite, if money wasn't the reason, why did Annika compete in the Shark Shootout?