Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #61

Originally Posted by Elf View Post
Maria nationality or current residence is irrelevant. She has fans all over the world. She is in a group with Ali, Sales, Bolt, Pele, Pacquiao, Nadal, Ruth, Nadia, Phelps, and about 20 others. She belongs to all of us.
In the LPGA, Michelle Wie is the Maria Sharapova of the Women's Tennis.

*****ducks******

<
<
<
<
<
<
I meant in heights, only!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #62

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
In the LPGA, Michelle Wie is the Maria Sharapova of the Women's Tennis.

*****ducks******

<
<
<
<
<
<
I meant in heights, only!
At 6'2" it does sometimes seem Masha is in a different sport than some of her competitors:

Although there have always been a few tall players on tour (great 80s player Pam Shriver is 6" 2")...the tour is seeing an influx of taller players...particularly from Europe...not just tall, but more athletic...stronger, faster...that's the way of sports as training evolves and a larger pool of young kids have an opportunity to play and develop...

...a few more pics...

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #63

from my blog: Maria Sharapova Talks To HEAD Tennis About Roland Garros Win | Fairways and Forehands

What an incredible weekend it was for Maria Sharapova at Roland Garros a few days ago. She returned to #1, earned her first Roland Garros title and completed the career Grand Slam. Masha also has an opportunity for a singles career Golden Slam this year. That would be all four Majors, which she already has, plus a gold medal in singles at the Olympics. Only 3 players have career Golden Slams in singles, Steffi Graf, Andre Agassi and Rafael Nadal. Of course, two of those three are married to each other (Graf, Agassi). Maria talked one of her sponsors, HEAD, about her Roland Garros triumph. She also talked briefly to CNN.

---Bruce Lee

Old 06-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #64

I haven't really watched women's tennis since Navratilova, Evert and Graf retired, but I find Sharapova refreshing - oh sure, she does the "fashion model" stuff, but I like her - might get interested again...MIGHT!! Don't you be yelling at me BKB!!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #65

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
I haven't really watched women's tennis since Navratilova, Evert and Graf retired, but I find Sharapova refreshing - oh sure, she does the "fashion model" stuff, but I like her - might get interested again...MIGHT!! Don't you be yelling at me BKB!!
I won't yell at you...I would get Victoria Azarenka to do that...her yells can wake the dead! Speaking of Masha...

more pics, video and audio commentary on my blog: Will Maria Sharapova Carry Flag For Russia At 2012 London Olympics? | Fairways and Forehands

There is controversy brewing over who will get the honor of carrying the Russian flag during the Opening Ceremony at the 2012 London Olympics. Initially, it was reported that Maria Sharapova would receive the honor but now there seems to be a bit of a power struggle going on. Sharmil Tarpischev, the Russian tennis chief, announced Masha would get the privilege. He was then contradicted by Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko who said Masha was a contender but no decision had been made. He went on to say a Russian wrestler might be chosen instead. I can only say this: CHOOSE MARIA SHARAPOVA!

---Bruce Lee

Old 06-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #66

Here is a little video of Masha answering questions in Russian after winning Roland Garros 2012. Anybody here speak Russian? The only thing I understood is them calling her Masha (MAria SHArapova), which is how a lot of Russians call her. Also, spaceba...thank you. I have a very good friend named Kateryna who is from Ukraine and speaks perfect Russian (along with Ukrainian, English and Spanish). I might ask her to translate this for me...maybe...it's pretty long.

---Bruce Lee